Stock 6x9 speakers

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock 6x9 speakers

So i blew my stock 6x9's a while ago and was wondering where i can get another pair, since there really woofers. Unless if anyone knows how to harness a pair rockford 6x9's to the OEM set up? Oh yeah i dont have any money for 4 channel amp that would be the easiest solution obliviously.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:24 PM
3rd Gear

ouch! that must suck! I would suggest checking with the dealer... unless you search ebay or online to find the same model speaker.

Maybe finding a used 4 channel amp? check craigslist
Old 10-20-2010, 06:16 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
For $70 I dropped some Boston Acoustics in my rear deck - much improved the tightness of the so-called bass filtered by the amp.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I definitely think this is an opportunity for you to move up to better speakers. You'll be surprised how much better your music sounds after an upgrade. No need to spend big bucks either.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TSX408
So i blew my stock 6x9's a while ago and was wondering where i can get another pair, since there really woofers. Unless if anyone knows how to harness a pair rockford 6x9's to the OEM set up? Oh yeah i dont have any money for 4 channel amp that would be the easiest solution obliviously.
i got some kicker ks6930 for the rear and love them! tight bass!! sounds like i got subs!
Old 10-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Get Alpine Type-Rs!! they fit fine for me...I would of spent more for the Type-Xs though
Old 10-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Racer

thank for all the posts guys. the speakers you guys recommended are great but u know how the aftermarket 6x9's have tweeters when i connect my rockford 6x9's the tweeter dont work is there a way to fixed that besides getting and amp?
Old 10-25-2010, 04:12 PM
El Cunado

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
TSX408: It sounds like the tweeters may have been disconnected or are faulty. The speakers just need a signal to the Red/Black posts and the internal crossovers will take over to reproduce sound with each piece. Are you able to test them with another system and see if the tweeters are working?

Anyone: Do aftermarket speakers fit into the oem speaker mounting holes?
Old 10-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by GWEEDOspeedo
TSX408: It sounds like the tweeters may have been disconnected or are faulty. The speakers just need a signal to the Red/Black posts and the internal crossovers will take over to reproduce sound with each piece. Are you able to test them with another system and see if the tweeters are working?

Anyone: Do aftermarket speakers fit into the oem speaker mounting holes?
Yeah the tweeters work on the rockford's because when I got my door speakers I tried the 6x9 in the door and they work. From what I've been reading on the site the OEM 6x9's are subwoofers. I don't want to spend the money to get an 4 channel amp since there is a way to bypass the OEM navi or harness it some how, so I can get the tweeter working. I can't find any information about hows its done. I went to my local stereo shop which I hate they said yeah we can do it but its going to cost $150 and I told them I might as well get a 4 channel amp and do it myself since I did everything myself but harnessing my mono amp. I don't know what to do since I bought the 6x9s and I like how my system sounds right now but when I go on road trips I take out my woofers and there is no bass at all. I liked how the dealer said that the car has a premium sound system when I first looked at the OEM door speakers it looked like a a sack of 10 dvds.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:58 PM
El Cunado

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX408
Yeah the tweeters work on the rockford's because when I got my door speakers I tried the 6x9 in the door and they work. From what I've been reading on the site the OEM 6x9's are subwoofers. I don't want to spend the money to get an 4 channel amp since there is a way to bypass the OEM navi or harness it some how, so I can get the tweeter working. I can't find any information about hows its done. I went to my local stereo shop which I hate they said yeah we can do it but its going to cost $150 and I told them I might as well get a 4 channel amp and do it myself since I did everything myself but harnessing my mono amp. I don't know what to do since I bought the 6x9s and I like how my system sounds right now but when I go on road trips I take out my woofers and there is no bass at all. I liked how the dealer said that the car has a premium sound system when I first looked at the OEM door speakers it looked like a a sack of 10 dvds.
Okay, I have no idea how the circuitry works from going from the receiver to the speaker, but maybe there's a crossover built into the output. The line itself or the receiver could be sending only lower frequencies.

Hope someone can help figure it out.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Racer

Yeah I hope someone can help me out. I'm running so many ideas in my head because I'm going on a road trip GA and FL for the holidays and I need/want a little bit of bass going on 2 day drive. I'm making a box for friends 4 6.5inch jl w3's and I connected 2 of them to my rear deck OEM cables and they hit really good with out an amp. So if I can find sell my rockford 6x9s for $50 and find a pair of 6.5inch jlw3's for $140. I think Im going to do a custom rear deck with 2 legit woofers, since I have probably 400sq feet 3/4inch mdf left that i really really cheap. but those are just thoughts I may work on a new rear deck because when my woofers hit it raffle really bad even with dampening on it.