Split screen for the nav

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 10:07 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Split screen for the nav

Hi all,

got a quick question about the nav in the TSX. I have not seen the new nav cause the dealer doesn't have a car with one in.

Does the screen allow you to split the screen to show the map on one side and the next instruction on the other side like in the BMW? (map on the right and an arrow with the distance and turn direction of the next move on the left)

Does it allow you to split the screen to have to views of the map like in the toyota's? (map on the left is a area overview and the right side has a zoomed, much closer view of the area you are driving in)

Thanks for all your help.

I am going to the dealer tomorrow to buy my TSX and wanted to make my final decision.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:33 AM
More On

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure exactly how to answer, because I don't know the screens in the other cars. But basically the answer is "yes." And it sounds like the TSX is similar to the BMW but with left and right reversed.

The TSX Nav gives you two options: You can have a split-screen, with the left side showing a map (which you can zoom in or out), and the right side showing the next instruction (including distance, name of street or exit etc.); or, you can have the whole screen showing just the instruction (i.e. no map).....

Well, actually it's a little more complicated. When you have the "split-screen" thing (it's called "Map"), most of the time the whole screen shows the map; it goes automatically to the split-screen (showing also the instruction) when you get close to the turn or exit.

When you're not doing a Nav route, you can activate the "Map" feature, and the whole screen will continuously show the map (and again you can zoom in or out).

You can do a lot of other neat things too.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:36 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for your help....

Looks like I am going to be getting a TSX tomorrow....Hope the wait isn't too long for delivery.