Specific measurements for Thule rack?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 07:10 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Specific measurements for Thule rack?

Help. I really don't want to mess up my car but I do not have the cashola to spend to have someone install my roof rack again. Does anyone know the specific measurements for the TSX or where I can find it? The basic Thule instructions list conflicting numbers, plus it makes the front bar slant forward, which can't be right. I tried searching through some of the older posts but couldn't find the specific measurements from windshield to front bar and then the two individual bars. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Lori
Old 03-31-2008, 01:38 AM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its really easy to install and I install it myself without any damage done. I don't use specific measurements but I do pay attention to detail when installing.

First, look for the indents on the door frame by the roof where the leg would sit. Its a small indented slit that can easily be seen in proper lighting. That is where you want to center all 4 leg brackets. Even though Acura doesn't manufacture roof racks for the TSX, Honda in Europe and Asia, manufactures roof racks for the Euro-R and Euro Accord. Since the frame is the same for the Hondas as the Acura TSX, the indents for roof racks are left in the frame.

Another thing that will allow you to do this by yourself is open the legs of the bars half a foot longer than the roof itself. This requires some walking back and fourth to properly tighten to the correct size. Also make sure that the crossbars align and are centered by looking from the middle of the trunk or hood and the length that the crossbar sticks out from the leg. Make sure the rubber leg boots sit snugly into the legs and make sure that you have the two rubber boots that are identical criss crossed and diagonal. For example front bar should have on the driver side R2 and the rear bar L2. The back bar on the passenger side should have L2 in the front and R2 in the back.

Hope that helps.