So...uh...I got a new toy... (Pics on Page 2)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:20 PM
TSX4EVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by excited
I'm getting concerned that despite the fact that the installers are excellent installers, that by having the remote starter I will lose a lot of features. I am fearful of messing with the electronics of my new car.

I leaning towards not getting the remote starter despite the fact that it would great to have.

Excited
I feel better now, I had a good discussion with the installer. Even though you get the remote starter installed you can use your existing key fob to do all the things that is normally does. It is only when you use the remote starter to start the car will you lose a few of the features.

I just didn't want to permanently lose the ability to adjust some of the settings.

I will get the remote starter. It is essentially a compustar remote starter branded with the name of nu-star. The installer is suppose to be top notch and does not require a valet key.

All I need is for my car to show up so it can be installed.

Excited
Old 12-07-2005, 04:24 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

I feel better now, I had a good discussion with the installer. Even though you get the remote starter installed you can use your existing key fob to do all the things that is normally does. It is only when you use the remote starter to start the car will you lose a few of the features.

I just didn't want to permanently lose the ability to adjust some of the settings.

I will get the remote starter. It is essentially a compustar remote starter branded with the name of nu-star. The installer is suppose to be top notch and does not require a valet key.

All I need is for my car to show up so it can be installed.

Excited
If the dealer is sending/referring you to a 3rd party installer, you might be able to get some kind of guarantee on the install from the dealer.

I wouldn't think installing a remote starter would affect your ability to use the memory seats or MID. As you said, you wouldn't be able to customize them when you use the starter. All of this linking to the keyfobs is only for customization. You still have all the functionality if you just use the key... you just have to choose your seat position or your MID display manually.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:13 PM
TSX4EVR

Thanks, by the way I love Vancouver Island and have visited there many times. Was thinking a while back that I might buy a home near Campbell River, but likely will stick it out here and just visit there.

British Columbia is great TSX country.

I will get the remote if I ever get the TSX.

Excited
Old 12-07-2005, 09:50 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by virtualbong
No, they look terrible either way.

Saw a few 06's tonight and the rims IMO are worse than I expected. Just awful.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:04 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by dom
Saw a few 06's tonight and the rims IMO are worse than I expected. Just awful.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Excited
Old 12-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Thanks, by the way I love Vancouver Island and have visited there many times. Was thinking a while back that I might buy a home near Campbell River, but likely will stick it out here and just visit there.

British Columbia is great TSX country.

I will get the remote if I ever get the TSX.

Excited
I've been to Alberta a few times... It's nice... and flat. Though, I wouldn't mind getting out to Lake Louise or Banff for some snowboarding sometime. I'd like to know what light, fluffy powder is like... as I destroy it!