so im new and not yet a tsx'er...should i be?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 09:10 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so im new and not yet a tsx'er...should i be?

overall opinions please. Im new and have yet to own an acura..(loads of hondas and i do know thqat they are the same) anyways, I am looking to trade in my 2001 civic, which sucks, for an rsx and then my toyota solara, which sucks even more, for a tsx or a tl. I like the price for the tsx but i like the power and guages for the tl....i just dont know if 70 horses and a kickass guage set warrants like 6 grand.....what are the overall opinions of the vehicle....satisfactory rating with power, luxury and general feel....i guess there is a lot of rattles with the car....is that a reason to pass this car up???
Old 10-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Rarrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Yea your right. You should pass the TSX up. Now if you really want a GREAT car. I suggest the Kia Rio or the one and only; The hyundai accent.

Old 10-09-2003, 09:20 PM
idx
Senior Grasshopper

I'm sure there's much more than HP and guages to the TL (vs TSX), but I'll leave that to others that own/have-test-driven it.

As for the TSX - great buy, great car, but there's numerous threads on that. There are some rattles now and then, but nothing out of the ordinary. (even though none of my volvo's EVER had a rattle, its not bad) Also, there are some features that would have been "nice", but certainly not deal breakers for the price. (seat memory, power pass seat, fully heated pass seat, side mirror defrosters, etc..)

The extra HP of the TL would also have been nice, but again not a dealer breaker. 200 is good -- its got some pep when you need it but nothing to push your passengers back into the seat with.

Overall, I love the car. Although I paid cash for my last volvo (not having a car payment is really nice) and like it to a certain degree, I don't regret it.

......now if I could just sell the volvo.

-r
Old 10-09-2003, 09:30 PM
Racer

The rattles are probably not as widespread as you think. But some of the people who post on here about it are definitely legit. I don't have any and don't anticipate them. I'd like to know what percentage of rattles are actually the result of poor door speaker damping/installation design and are really buzzing going on?
But anyway, I like the power, handling, feel - everything about the TSX pretty much. It's a terrific value. And some people are thinking the TSX gauges are better looking than the TL's. But then, 270 HP is a lot more than 200...Up to you, man. I wouldn't trade up for a TL but the next generation RL, if it can give me a massage and brew me a cup of coffee on the way to work in the morning, then I'll reconsider.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:40 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't think I've ever factored "a kickass gauge set" into my car buying decision. I wonder who's leading the "kickass gauge set" category? My vote is for the Bugatti Veyron.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:34 PM
TSXASORISREX

GET the TSX def worth it i love mine havnt had any problems exept i listen to underground rap lots of bass speakers are not ment for it but other wise love it clutch is soo nice rides great nice style turns heads and plus its alot of fun and if its not powerfill enough for you get some aftermarket goodies and you will still be under the tl price.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:41 PM
anti-dentite bastard

Originally posted by buffalo-tsx
GET the TSX def worth it i love mine havnt had any problems exept i listen to underground rap lots of bass speakers are not ment for it but other wise love it clutch is soo nice rides great nice style turns heads and plus its alot of fun and if its not powerfill enough for you get some aftermarket goodies and you will still be under the tl price.
With the money you saved on the tsx, you should buy a couple periods...
Old 10-10-2003, 01:09 PM
10th Gear

Ok....maybe i sounded superficial with the "guage set" but i really love the tl guages. The Acura dealer i spoke to said that the blue guages are going to be the new signature for the Acura lineup. I dont know when it will take full effect but he said it starts with the tl but wont end there. I would like 270 but 200 is more than my civic and solara so i know it will feel a lot stronger than either of those. I guess, what I am trying to ask is if you are all pleased with the purchase....all comments are appreciated, even if the person feels that sarcasm is the only way to get a piont across (CraZydudE) but still appreciated
Old 10-10-2003, 01:28 PM
Racer

Originally posted by kadenx
Ok....maybe i sounded superficial with the "guage set" but i really love the tl guages. The Acura dealer i spoke to said that the blue guages are going to be the new signature for the Acura lineup. I dont know when it will take full effect but he said it starts with the tl but wont end there. I would like 270 but 200 is more than my civic and solara so i know it will feel a lot stronger than either of those. I guess, what I am trying to ask is if you are all pleased with the purchase....all comments are appreciated, even if the person feels that sarcasm is the only way to get a piont across (CraZydudE) but still appreciated
TSX has similar gauges to TL. Couldn't be happier with my purchase. You might want to drive some of the competition though before you make up your mind, we're just a tad biased here!