Small annoyances w. the TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 12:31 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Small annoyances w. the TSX?

Is it me or does everyone else track the following small annoyances with the TSX:

- The NAV scroll button seems somewhat flimsy and hard to control. Why doesn't the TSX just the TL NAV scroll button. The TL version is much smoother and feels more durable.

- Why does Honda put their exterior temp guages behind the winshield? The greenhouse effect in the interior makes the initial readings way high (like 10-15 degrees higher).

Just random observations. One has to dig to find major problems w. the TSX.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
The exterior temp sensor is actually under the front bumper behind the license plate. The sensor on dash behind the windshield is the sunlight sensor. It's where is should be for it's purpose.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by campaachen
Is it me or does everyone else track the following small annoyances with the TSX:

- The NAV scroll button seems somewhat flimsy and hard to control. Why doesn't the TSX just the TL NAV scroll button. The TL version is much smoother and feels more durable.

- Why does Honda put their exterior temp guages behind the winshield? The greenhouse effect in the interior makes the initial readings way high (like 10-15 degrees higher).

Just random observations. One has to dig to find major problems w. the TSX.
my "their exterior temp guages", I assume you mean the sensor? It's not behind the windshield, it's behind the front bumper (as stated in the owner's manual).

The sensor behind the windshield is for working with the auto-climate conrtol... don't feel like (and no time now, watching Canadian/Montreal GP ) explaining that now... but if you search for that, there's thread about it
Old 06-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Top notch 6MT

got by JTso
Old 06-13-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 747 Likes on 449 Posts

I don't have a Navi, but when I saw one at the dealership it seemed to me like all the buttons around the Navi were crammed into a small space as an afterthought, especially that joystick. They seemed unusually small and didn't seem to really fit in with the rest of the interior unlike the non-Navi buttons.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Goldmember

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The joystick serves its purpose. I like to press the touchscreen buttons anyhow. Although if you had fat fingers, it would suck.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:50 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
The nav button works fine for me.

The door lock location and position (under my arm) is my big pet peeve - and the sunroof switch location.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:58 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by elduderino
The nav button works fine for me.

The door lock location and position (under my arm) is my big pet peeve - and the sunroof switch location.
You referring to the actual little pip of the lock knob? I AGREE!!! I've contemplated unscrewing it, and giving it a quick dremel mod...I'd hate to do that though...
Old 06-13-2005, 09:42 PM
Advanced

I just think that it is difficult to get precise motion w. the joystick because of its construction.

I mentioned this in a previous thread but also annoying is how the 60/40 split seats are not flush w. each other because of the bucket seat shapes. I guess its a trade off.

Aren't all Honda/Acura sunroof buttons at the same non-sensical location?

For those w. manual trannys, does the aluminum portion of the stick ever get too hot for your hands? I guess this applies to those in hotter climates ie. AZ or TX.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:59 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by soopirV900
You referring to the actual little pip of the lock knob? I AGREE!!! I've contemplated unscrewing it, and giving it a quick dremel mod...I'd hate to do that though...
http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...9&postcount=44
Old 06-13-2005, 10:01 PM

For those w. manual trannys, does the aluminum portion of the stick ever get too hot for your hands? I guess this applies to those in hotter climates ie. AZ or TX.
not really hot (i have tinted windows which kepps the interior a lot cooler) but it can be a little cold in the winter.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:06 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ virus7, holy shiet that is sweeet!! dunno how i missed that thread. definitely modding this one
Old 06-13-2005, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by mg7726
^^ virus7, holy shiet that is sweeet!! dunno how i missed that thread. definitely modding this one
yeah I havent done it yet (have this weird thing about not being able to open the lock if there isnt any power) but it would definitely make my arm a little more comfortable.

the rest of the thread has a little more info:
http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...t=22444&page=2
Old 06-13-2005, 11:45 PM
Racer

being from Chicago I've experienced it both being too hot and too cold. But neither for very long. That's to be expected from any metal knob. I kind of miss my MoMo anatomic leather knob. I'd put it on my TSeX, but I like the looks of the stock knob better.

Old 06-14-2005, 03:05 AM
I'm a llama :(

Aren't all Honda/Acura sunroof buttons at the same non-sensical location?
I hate that too, but the RL's and the 2003+ Civic SI have it up by the sunroof where it should be IMO.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:11 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Motohip
I hate that too, but the RL's and the 2003+ Civic SI have it up by the sunroof where it should be IMO.
The TL and RL have it up on the roof where it belongs. Its also one-touch like it should be. I'm just happy we get a nice a moonroof, standard.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:33 AM
Instructor

speeding tickets because I'm always wanting to play in the 5k rpm range.

though now they're becoming more than small annoyances.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:41 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Originally Posted by Motohip
while we're on this subject, i'm peeved that the auto window down function while holding the unlock on the key fob doesn't also open the sunroof.

can't auto close the windows when pressing and holding the lock button.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Guinea Pig

I want all 4 auto windows both up and down! (or at least the front 2)

Auto sunroof!

Also want auto headlights! (real auto headlights! the ones that come on when it gets dark and turns off after you shut the car off and lock the doors without ringing a little annoying bell. Not the emergency shut off version we have)

More auto options dammit! More auto options!
Old 06-14-2005, 10:33 AM
OG

Received 163 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by mg7726
while we're on this subject, i'm peeved that the auto window down function while holding the unlock on the key fob doesn't also open the sunroof.

can't auto close the windows when pressing and holding the lock button.

The reason they only go down via remote is for safety

if you arent near your car and you put your windows up via the remote you could kill a child sticking his head out
since there is nothing but the remote to stop it
they would have to add a sensor etc etc to stop it if it hit something
which would cost $
which would add more to the price

you can do it with the key in the door since your AT the car and you can visually see something and stop it manually
Old 06-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
The TL and RL have it up on the roof where it belongs. Its also one-touch like it should be. I'm just happy we get a nice a moonroof, standard.
Right on there. My sister has a 2000 MB c230, which cost about 30K, with almost nothing in it. Her sunroof makes cheap noises. For example, the sliding shade that is under the glass shuts with a nice thump on the TSX. It sounds like quality. However, the same part of the MB is super light and sounds like you almost broke something when closing it. I love to drive her car every now and then just to compare how much more refined the TSX is to the MB. I couldn't ever point that out to her though. I wouldn't want to break her heart. She thinks it is a really nice car. My prelude had more options than that Benz.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by trout25red
Right on there. My sister has a 2000 MB c230, which cost about 30K, with almost nothing in it. Her sunroof makes cheap noises. For example, the sliding shade that is under the glass shuts with a nice thump on the TSX. It sounds like quality. However, the same part of the MB is super light and sounds like you almost broke something when closing it. I love to drive her car every now and then just to compare how much more refined the TSX is to the MB. I couldn't ever point that out to her though. I wouldn't want to break her heart. She thinks it is a really nice car. My prelude had more options than that Benz.
Haha... love it when you say that you "love to drive her car every now and then just to compare how much more refined the TSX is to the MB."... Com'on, break the news to her... hasn't she driven or at least sat in your TSX???

By the way, your screen name caught my attention trout25red? Any relation to that :troutslap happy dude?
Old 06-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by CJams
I want all 4 auto windows both up and down! (or at least the front 2)

Auto sunroof!

Also want auto headlights! (real auto headlights! the ones that come on when it gets dark and turns off after you shut the car off and lock the doors without ringing a little annoying bell. Not the emergency shut off version we have)

More auto options dammit! More auto options!
Auto stuff are cool... how about the doors auto-open/close via remote like the decked out E-class in MIB2? I am sure it will be cool until the door bangs against a post or a parked car next to it
Old 06-14-2005, 11:08 AM
Cruisin'

A/C alsway ON when in windshield vent mode

wish I could turn OFF the AC when using the windshield mode, or windshield and bottom mode for the ventilation...

In winter driving, normally use ( > 95% of the time) the windshield w/bottom mode for ventilation... don't always need the AC on... and rather than having blowing 'warm' air at the face, the windshield vents allow for a less direct 'warming' of the cabin...

that's my worth....

... unless someone has figured out how to turn off the auto feature for the AC in 'defog' mode .... I know there are procedures on how to do this for the NA Accord and Civics...
Old 06-14-2005, 11:11 AM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by poweredByHonda
wish I could turn OFF the AC when using the windshield mode, or windshield and bottom mode for the ventilation...

In winter driving, normally use ( > 95% of the time) the windshield w/bottom mode for ventilation... don't always need the AC on... and rather than having blowing 'warm' air at the face, the windshield vents allow for a less direct 'warming' of the cabin...

that's my worth....

... unless someone has figured out how to turn off the auto feature for the climate controls.... I know there are procedures on how to do this for the NA Accord and Civics...
Don't know how to "force" AC off in ventilation mode.

But I find that just using AUTO mode is enough to prevent windshield from fogging up. AUTO mode on the TSX seems smart enough for me that I haven't needed to use the ventilation mode at all, it will automatically adjust to defog very nicely
Old 06-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Advanced

Out of curiosity, the TSX gas tank nozzle entrance does't have a retracting circurlar metal cover does it (other than the plastic cap of course)?