AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G TSX (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-2004-2008-124/)
-   -   A silly question for those Acura to Honda owner. (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-2004-2008-124/silly-question-those-acura-honda-owner-676725/)

human668 12-27-2007 03:25 AM

A silly question for those Acura to Honda owner.

I know some of you change your lovely Acura TSX to a Honda Accord Euro R.
Do you change your acura key to honda key too? And how about the user manual?

sounds like a silly question but I really want to know.

Mskierki 12-27-2007 08:23 AM

I didn't feel the need to go out and buy the other manual as it is avalible online.

My glove box is a little crowded with all of those pages printed out on A4 size paper.

But seriously, hasn't there been enough of a conversation on rebadging? Nothing new has been added to this discussion. Can we just get past it and work together to hack the ecu so we can get more preformance out of the car?

dom 12-27-2007 12:47 PM

Why would they have to change the user manual?

Mskierki 12-27-2007 01:00 PM

^^ To have the complete conversion. It would confuse too many people if the manual said Acura but the car said Honda!

VegaTSX 12-27-2007 01:03 PM

Only complete conversion is Euro R 2.0 engine swap also convert from LHD to RHD.
Just a manual wouldn't consider as complete conversion.

rex. 12-27-2007 03:52 PM

:IBTL: Only show cars would go such an extensive route of getting a JDM owner's manual and all 06+ would also have to change all of their glass since they are now stamped 'ACURA.' There's becoming a slow distinction between Honda & Acura..

ILoveMyHonda 12-27-2007 10:41 PM

For me, no and no.

HI OFECR 12-27-2007 11:48 PM

Oh yes! that comes with the JDM girlfriend and the bad accent and a shorter penis also

why do you do ANY BODY MOD ? mmmmmmmm maybe because they like it better IDK :(

wackura 12-28-2007 04:19 AM

Doesn't rebadging a TSX as a Honda Accord only further bastardize the car? It was labeled an Acura TSX when it rolled off the assembly line so it's not as if you're restoring the car to a more original state. All you're doing is callously defying the wishes of the corperate overlords who saw fit to name your vehicle something other than Honda Accord.

timd38 12-28-2007 05:09 AM

I am confused. Why would you want your Acura to be a Honda? OK, I know it is a Honda, but you could buy a nice set of wheels or suspension upgrade for what it costs to turn you Acura into a Honda.

I can see Civic owners turning their cars into a Canadian Acura CSX, but thats just my opinion.

chuson 12-28-2007 03:52 PM

Why do you guys care about the Acura badge that much?

Acura just rebadge the Honda Accord to Acura TSX, so technically, it's Acura who re-badge the Honda to Acura. I buy the car cause of the car exterior looks, and performance handling, not the badge itself.

BTW: My suspension + wheels upgrade are over $4K, I doubt rebadging your Acura --> Honda will cost more than 1/20 of it. lol.

VegaTSX 12-28-2007 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by chuson
Why do you guys care about the Acura badge that much?

Acura just rebadge the Honda Accord to Acura TSX, so technically, it's Acura who re-badge the Honda to Acura. I buy the car cause of the car exterior looks, and performance handling, not the badge itself.

BTW: My suspension + wheels upgrade are over $4K, I doubt rebadging your Acura --> Honda will cost more than 1/20 of it. lol.

:werd: