Service at A or OP in Jax, FL.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 01:24 PM
nothing but acura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service at A or OP in Jax, FL.

There is a service advisor at Acura of Orange park (in Jacksonville, Florida) named Kenneth M. Sarra that you should do your best to avoid. First off, he was insane the whole time and a pain in the ass to deal with. Then he said I had missed the 7500 mile service, then he listed off stuff from the 20000 mile service. This may be consistent with harsh condition plan, but this is also after we had agreed to do the 10000 mile service on the phone for tire rotation and lube and filter change. After that, we tried to get a quote on the installation for the cargo net. Now this is probably a very easy thing to do and my dad and I got as far as we could till we looked for the drill bit that was needed, and it doesn’t seem to be available in this part of the country. First off, he said he didn’t know off hand to he’d get back to us. Then he got back to us about 3 hours later to say that it would cost $230, for just the installation. During that three hours I had gotten fed up and asked for another service advisor that I am familiar with from the ’91 legend that we used to get serviced there, and he said it would cost $85 plus tax, immediately. So now I have to go back up there and deal with him to get my car back and this better not be the $85 he said for the tire rotation and lube and filter change. So while I try to get him fired, make sure all you other owners avoid him and go to Keith or Mark, both of whom have been there for many, many years and have given me nothing but great experiences with Acura.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Some of these Acura service personnel need a lesson in customer service...
Old 01-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Some of these Acura service personnel need a lesson in customer service...
i think ALL of them do.

except courtesy acura in sanford.

they are excellent!
Old 01-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by dzuy
i think ALL of them do.

they are excellent!
Not all. Most of the ones I've personally worked with have been excellent. But judging by the stories here, there are definitely some that could use a little work.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:01 PM
kenstyle on 20's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Brain640
There is a service advisor at Acura of Orange park (in Jacksonville, Florida) named Kenneth M. Sarra that you should do your best to avoid. First off, he was insane the whole time and a pain in the ass to deal with. Then he said I had missed the 7500 mile service, then he listed off stuff from the 20000 mile service. This may be consistent with harsh condition plan, but this is also after we had agreed to do the 10000 mile service on the phone for tire rotation and lube and filter change. After that, we tried to get a quote on the installation for the cargo net. Now this is probably a very easy thing to do and my dad and I got as far as we could till we looked for the drill bit that was needed, and it doesn’t seem to be available in this part of the country. First off, he said he didn’t know off hand to he’d get back to us. Then he got back to us about 3 hours later to say that it would cost $230, for just the installation. During that three hours I had gotten fed up and asked for another service advisor that I am familiar with from the ’91 legend that we used to get serviced there, and he said it would cost $85 plus tax, immediately. So now I have to go back up there and deal with him to get my car back and this better not be the $85 he said for the tire rotation and lube and filter change. So while I try to get him fired, make sure all you other owners avoid him and go to Keith or Mark, both of whom have been there for many, many years and have given me nothing but great experiences with Acura.

im going to have to disagree with you on this one man. My girlfriend has been dealing with him for over 2 years now and her car is up there pretty regularly since she has a supercharger and things seem to go wrong on the install of things.A guy that helped put on her blower the first time broke a sensor and then the idle control valve starting acting up on us ,Ken went out of his way to warranty her car and her warranty should have been voided for the install of the blower much less somethings breaking and him getting them fixed with no problem .so imma just say kens been very helpful on everything we have done up there and we get both cars serviced threw him . no hard feelings maybe you saw the bad side of him or a bad day ,never know , david
Old 01-05-2005, 04:03 PM
CG is the place to be...

Originally Posted by dzuy
i think ALL of them do.

they are excellent!

Definitely not all. I have been dealing with geoff at Inskip Acura in Warwick, RI and he has treated me very well. i dropped my car off this monday to have the rear underbody spoiler reinstalled (since the first one has a slight twist in it). I was heading to the airport after i dropped off the car and he arranged for a ride for me to the airport. I have been extremely impressed with the service i have received so far.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:31 PM
nothing but acura

Originally Posted by tsxondubs
no hard feelings maybe you saw the bad side of him or a bad day ,never know , david
ok, i think i overreacted a little earlier. First off, i've never seen him in the 14 years i've been at the dealership, so that got me a little worried. Then the only way i could describe his whole demenor is with crack or lots and lots of caffine. The he said i would need a loaner car since they replaced the wiring harness for the recall, and some circuit board had broken, but that was actually for another car. Other than that, the actual service done was great and they even vacuumed the inside which deffinately needed to be done. So if anyone feels like takin a shot with him, you've heard both sides of the story.