security system NYC

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 04:50 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
security system NYC

I just went through my worst car experience so far. I had my alarm and tints done yesterday at PNA Autosport and I was satisfied with the tint but this moring when I went to autostart the car the alarm went off. The alarm wouldn't turn off either. I woke everyone up on my block (Some even came out to curse me out). after it finally turned off(kinda.... It just rearmed itself), I called up my co-worker to pick me up for work and also see if he could find the problem. It turns out that PNA didn't bypass the factory alarm so everytime i unlocked it using the viper system it set the factory off and vice versa.

So for you new yorkers out there stay away from PNA autosport for alarms.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:37 PM
TSX Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear that! Sounds like the shop has no knowledge of how Honda/Acuras work...
Old 08-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrpeeng
I just went through my worst car experience so far. I had my alarm and tints done yesterday at PNA Autosport and I was satisfied with the tint but this moring when I went to autostart the car the alarm went off. The alarm wouldn't turn off either. I woke everyone up on my block (Some even came out to curse me out). after it finally turned off(kinda.... It just rearmed itself), I called up my co-worker to pick me up for work and also see if he could find the problem. It turns out that PNA didn't bypass the factory alarm so everytime i unlocked it using the viper system it set the factory off and vice versa.

So for you new yorkers out there stay away from PNA autosport for alarms.

Well I had the same problem with my compustar alarm system. I am assuming u have the 06 TSX. ALarm system in 04 doesn't arm itself but the 06 does.

My quick soln: lock the car with the factory alarm and then arm the viper alarm. In the morning "disable the viper alarm - put it in sleep mode" and then open the car with the factory.

hope this helps.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took it back to the place and they bypassed the factory alarm but i had them hook up the horn to the sound device for the viper alarm so its annoyingly loud. The horn on the tsx is crazy loud if anyone noticed. My friend installed an airhorn that was meant for a truck in his for his alarm and the tsx over powered that horn easily.