Review: M2 Collision Center

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 02:43 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review: M2 Collision Center

I recently got my TSX repaired after being rear ended. I choose M2 Collision Center in Riverside, CA because it was the only place that the ins. company had down as certified in the Inland Empire.

When I first brought the car in, they were kind and everything was taken care of smoothly. I got the estimate quickly and I authorized work on my car immediately. My car was said to be ready in 2 weeks. During that time, my car would be driven to downtown Riverside for muffler work. I was pretty angry they had to DRIVE MY car to get the mufflers fixed, but they reassured me they won't drive my car like a race car.

2 weeks past, and the car is still not ready. After 3 "I promise you it will be ready on _____", the car is finally ready. Every time I called in to check on the status of my vehicle, they would give me a different answer.... "it's in the alignment shop", "it's at the muffler shop", etc..... My car never went to the alignment shop.

At pickup, the first thing I noticed was that they had not fixed my mufflers. They were still misaligned and the representative helping me said they must have forgotten to fix it. Upon entering the car, I found spare washers and nuts in the cup holder... again; the representative says "the techs must have forgotten to take out those parts". She had no idea where they were from, but they looked like they were from the cargo net installation I did a couple months back. I checked the trunk lid, it looked fine, but they tightened the trunk lid to the point of the hatch biting metal off of the hook (I later fixed this at home). The car also had massive swirl marks all over the body (very noticeable, even on my white car).

During the drive back home I found another problem. M2 had tampered with the radio system. An error code came up on the stereo and I could not use the stereo. M2 had disconnected my battery and then tried unsuccessfully to enter the passcode to activate the stereo. It really pisses me off that they did not tell me this... on top of the many other problems. I had to reset the stereo by taking off the neg. batt. cable and then putting in the correct code.

M2 SUCKS. I wish I would have gotten my car fixed elsewhere, even I had to drive 50+ miles. Take it from me guys, don't ever go there.

cliff notes: M2 is no good. didn't tell me they tried to enter a security code for radio, didn't finish muffler job, swirl marks all over car, they don't know how to align a trunk lid, horrible service, spare washers and nuts left in car.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:55 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the review even though it turned out sour for you. Hopefully it will save someone else the pain. I'd call your insurance company and tell them the story as well. If you don't, they'll keep sending their policy holders there thinking all is good to go.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:00 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Massive swirls on a white paint!
Old 11-15-2004, 08:10 AM
Instructor

Write (not email) your insurance company and cc a copy to the owner of the body shop. Your car needs to be checked over and the work professionally corrected. That paint job sounds completely unacceptable. BTW what is your insurance company?
Old 11-15-2004, 08:10 AM
Race Director

, horrible that sucks.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:20 PM
Tuxedo Cat

I had the same experience. M2 have a "relationship" with the Auto Club and are always the "recommended" facility. I always decline to use their authorized facility, and tell them to send an adjuster to the body shop of my choice. I will not allow the insurance company to choose my repair facility for me.

Agree, M2 sucks.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:24 PM
who's right, who's wrong?

I have always had bad luck with the companies that are recommended by insurance agencies. Two times I had my cars fixed with two different recommended body shops, and two times I was disappointed and stuck with lousy workmanship. :\