Red TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 07:33 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Red TSX?

Has anyone seen a Red TSX in person? Impressions?

Thanks
Old 09-25-2003, 07:36 PM
Advanced

Yes... I saw somebody in West Palm Beach driving one, and I saw one at the dealer.. I love the color. That was my first color choice but I have a red car already..
Old 09-25-2003, 07:36 PM
More On

Looked great to me in the showroom back in April. But when I saw one last week in the parking lot at the local TL ride-and-drive, it was not impressive. Can't really explain the different impression. Maybe at first my impression was based mainly on, "Wow, a TSX!"

I think a couple of other people who saw red TSX's lately also have been disappointed. But a lot of other people love it.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

i have seen one around campus. its a nice color. i immediately noticed it. just the tan interior has got to go.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:18 PM
Cruisin'

I agree with accsueprstar, the red would look really tight with the black/silver interior. Just like the Blue though, I would love to see a deeper red option available.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:20 PM
Instructor

I saw a red TSX recently and didn't like it. I much prefer black, silver or carbon. I think the red was too orangey for my tastes. I currently own a red car, but it's a deep blood red.

Plus, beige interior a definite nono.

C.
Old 09-25-2003, 08:47 PM
Cruisin'

My first choice when I went to look was the Red but then I saw the interior and it really turned me off. It was nice looking but it just wasn't sporty like the ebony&silver. If Acura made the Red with Ebony, that would be what I would be driving today. Instead it's Carbon Gray (3rd) choice before I saw everything in person. 1st choice when I actually bought.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:08 PM
Integral & Acurate TSXer

If Acura releases the TSX in redondo red (a la RSX and new TL), I think they'll be making a smart move.

J.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:26 PM
Advanced

I like the Milano Red, but only with the aero kit. Sporty colour with a sporty style
Old 09-25-2003, 10:13 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm usually not a fan of red unless the cars got a horse on the front, ... but I actually think the milano red on TSX looks not bad, and will probably be the most rare color.
Old 09-25-2003, 10:37 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by fdl
I'm usually not a fan of red unless the cars got a horse on the front, ...
or a bull...
Old 09-25-2003, 10:42 PM
Instructor

Talking

I like the red very much since that's the car I'll be driving next Monday.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:50 PM
Burning Brakes

The red in bright sunlight looked solid and bold to me. However, I wasn't close enough to detect any depth--that is a pearl or metallic sense--to it.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:00 AM
Racer

i think the red honda accord coupe is better than the red tsx. it might even be the same color... but it flows w/ the accord before imo.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:05 AM
More On

Originally posted by larchmont
Looked great to me in the showroom back in April. But when I saw one last week in the parking lot at the local TL ride-and-drive, it was not impressive. Can't really explain the different impression. Maybe at first my impression was based mainly on, "Wow, a TSX!"......
I think I figured out something else -- If I remember right, the one in the showroom had the rear spoiler. I usually detest spoilers, but maybe the red TSX looks particularly good with the spoiler.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:01 AM
Advanced

Red is the color i will get if i even get a TSX...Lately, i have been leaning towards just keeping my beautiful RSX-S.
I'm getting tired of hearing how unavailable this car is with the color/options i want....I havent even seen a red in person in order to help me decide if it's what i really want.
Also, my car is more fun to drive based on comments here from folks who own both
Old 09-26-2003, 07:52 AM

The tsx I test drove was a red/6spd/spoiler...the red is pretty nice but darker than my red predude...personally i liked the red but dont like the parch interior
Old 09-26-2003, 08:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by dabuda2004
The tsx I test drove was a red/6spd/spoiler......
Same here! This one had the body kit and gunmetal wheels, too (believe me, they look best on a red TSX). It's the car that made me fall in love with the TSX, but I couldn't keep a parchment interior clean and I'd be getting tickets left and right

Very nice, though if you like the parchment interior. And definitely one of the more rare colors.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:24 AM
Instructor

In general red has a lot of charisma and it does in spades on the TSX. With the ebony interior I think they'd have trouble keeping them on the lot, but the parch interior wouldn't keep me from choosing that color. Mine will either be indigo or SSM - color choices are too limited in the great white north...
Old 09-26-2003, 10:28 AM
such a dirty birdy

For me the Milano red is nice to look at, but not the one I want to own. I like the it, but like others, the interior was a turn-off. Besides, it's one of those "arrest-me" reds that's a bit too attention getting. The Redondo red and the red offered on the Mazda 6 are both nicer, IMO. My other objection is that reds are more prone to fading than other colours and I plan to keep the car a long time. The only red TSX's I've seen were at dealers, I haven't seen any on the road yet.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:24 PM
More On

Originally posted by Champ
.......Lately, i have been leaning towards just keeping my beautiful RSX-S......Also my car is more fun to drive based on comments here from folks who own both
Yeah, know what you mean. I definitely feel that way about the TSX. And I bet I even would have felt that way about the TL-S that I couldn't wait to get rid of.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:45 PM
8th Gear

Thanks, guys. This car is for my wife and she loooooves red cars. I'm in Houston, and I can't seem to find a red one on a lot. If I ordered it, how long would it take?

Thanks again for the great input. Personally, I would like a darker color, but it's her car!

Old 09-26-2003, 01:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Probably about a month or so. Go for it. And get the gunmetal wheels! They look incredible on the red.
Old 09-26-2003, 02:07 PM
Advanced

Lightbulb

I think I know why people haven't been seeing too many red TSX's around town... Because they're still sitting on the LOT!

Since my dealer is just on the other side of the SR163 Hwy from my work, I drive past the dealer almost everyother day... and for the past two months, there has been at least 1, and lately 2, RED TSX's on the front lot! (not sure if they're MT/AT or w/Navi).

Black, White, Satin Silver, and Carbon Gray I see occasionally, but they seem to disappear after a few days. I've only seen one blue at my dealer since the TSX came out, and one at another dealer, and never one on the road, based on my salespersons comments, the blues don't sell fast, plus I don't think they order many of them. As for Meteor silver, I've never seen one yet.

My overall impression of red... it's a "chick" color. When I first saw two red TSX's in the back lot, they just came in and were all spoilered out, first impression was that they were very sporty. The next day, I saw a tall, long blonde haired beauty taking delivery, and it fitted her perfectly, the red looked like a matching lipstick color, the parchment interior went with her gold blonde hair and lightly tanned skin, and eversince, I can't get that impression out of my head... red's for the ladies. If it was a deeper "blood" red, than it might feel more sporty.

:thinking: Have we had a color poll for TSX owners?!
Old 09-26-2003, 05:38 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by BillyBobBadd
Thanks, guys. This car is for my wife and she loooooves red cars. I'm in Houston, and I can't seem to find a red one on a lot. If I ordered it, how long would it take?

Thanks again for the great input. Personally, I would like a darker color, but it's her car!

Well.. I am in Houston as well. I got my car 2 months ago. Red was my first pick followed by Pearl White.. It seemed very hard to find a red one!! Gillman had a 6-spd red for a few months on their lot.. All the VIN numbers for the TSX's at Gillman were in the 12000 range as of last month, and they still had the red one with a 3000 vin. Doesn't show on their website now though..

Anyhow, white was my second option and was available right away so I went with it.. Good luck.

BTW, I have never seen a red or blue one in Houston yet!!!
Old 09-26-2003, 06:14 PM
More On

Originally posted by ucsdtriton
.... :thinking: Have we had a color poll for TSX owners?!
Yes, but it's hard to find because the title is completely different ("Number of TSX Owners"):

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...=&threadid=386

Don't miss the "pie chart" that was done by Finalheaven -- It's on page 9. (It's not showing up on my screen right now, but hopefully that's just an aberration.)
Old 09-26-2003, 06:33 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by ucsdtriton
I think I know why people haven't been seeing too many red TSX's around town... Because they're still sitting on the LOT!

Since my dealer is just on the other side of the SR163 Hwy from my work, I drive past the dealer almost everyother day... and for the past two months, there has been at least 1, and lately 2, RED TSX's on the front lot! (not sure if they're MT/AT or w/Navi).

Black, White, Satin Silver, and Carbon Gray I see occasionally, but they seem to disappear after a few days. I've only seen one blue at my dealer since the TSX came out, and one at another dealer, and never one on the road, based on my salespersons comments, the blues don't sell fast, plus I don't think they order many of them. As for Meteor silver, I've never seen one yet.

My overall impression of red... it's a "chick" color. When I first saw two red TSX's in the back lot, they just came in and were all spoilered out, first impression was that they were very sporty. The next day, I saw a tall, long blonde haired beauty taking delivery, and it fitted her perfectly, the red looked like a matching lipstick color, the parchment interior went with her gold blonde hair and lightly tanned skin, and eversince, I can't get that impression out of my head... red's for the ladies. If it was a deeper "blood" red, than it might feel more sporty.

:thinking: Have we had a color poll for TSX owners?!
You must be driving by Cush in Kearny Mesa. Yeah according to their website they have 3 or 4 red TSX's right now. I believe 2 with Nav. Too bad I want Blue to CG.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:24 PM
Advanced

Yeah, know what you mean. I definitely feel that way about the TSX. And I bet I even would have felt that way about the TL-S that I couldn't wait to get rid of.
Larch,
What are you trying to say here? that i wont miss my RSX if i decide to buy a TSX? or visa versa

BTW arent the OEM gunmetal (silverstar) rims heavier than the rims already on the car? Does any one know this for sure?

because someone here posted a while back that they are heavier and is why he passed on buying them
Old 09-26-2003, 09:54 PM
More On

Originally posted by Champ
Larch,
What are you trying to say here? that i wont miss my RSX if i decide to buy a TSX? or visa versa .....
Don't worry, you're not the first one who has no idea what I'm talking about.

All I meant was that when you see people saying a lot of neat stuff about your car, the car becomes more interesting.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:08 AM
Banned

I looove the red! The Mpls Auto Show TSX was red, and I fell in love. Couldn't stand the parchment interior though, so I got the blue.
Old 09-27-2003, 05:01 PM
Intermediate

i have the CG with ebony interior. i was joking around telling my body shop to paint my car malano red, or something different like candy apple red. And they were like you really want to??(sincerely) but then i was like no just joking. but now that i think of it. i should have because then i will have the only red TSX with ebony interior. as of now
Old 09-27-2003, 05:28 PM
Advanced

half of the parchment interior that comes with rthe ed is black...to me, it's not that big of a turn off.
I think the red is the one for me...with a wing, wheels and underbody kit it would look even better
Old 09-28-2003, 01:02 AM
Advanced

Red, with a parchment interior kicks ass!!!!

From a totally unbiased opinion
Old 09-28-2003, 06:44 PM
Advanced

Talking

Red TSX would be nice but it will attract a lot of speed tickets!
Old 09-28-2003, 07:12 PM
Intermediate

i just thought about it today. phoenix yellow would look kick ass on tsx. yum
Old 09-30-2003, 03:49 AM
wiz
Pro

I like the red on the TSX...but I agree, the parchment has to go. Put Ebony in there and i think they would have sold a lot more, ditto on the PWP.

I have pics of all the different colors of the TSX here: http://imageevent.com/tsx_wiz/acuratsx
Old 09-30-2003, 07:14 AM
10th Gear

From my perspective, I think the Milano Red and Parchment is a perfect combo. The constrast between the two colors is great. But it seems like most of the TSX owners prefer the ebony interior. I must admit that the PWP exterior and Parchment interior combo is really bad. (US) On my side, I'm still undecided between the Milano Red/Parchment and the Premium White Pearl/Ebony.
Old 09-30-2003, 12:02 PM
More On

Originally posted by Westbank
....I'm still undecided between the Milano Red/Parchment and the Premium White Pearl/Ebony.
If you don't hate white (which a lot of people do but obviously you don't), I don't see why you wouldn't get the PWP/Ebony. What a great combo.

I guess you're in Canada? I don't think we can get that in the U.S., can we???
Old 09-30-2003, 12:04 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
NO.
Old 09-30-2003, 12:55 PM
10th Gear

If you don't hate white (which a lot of people do but obviously you don't), I don't see why you wouldn't get the PWP/Ebony. What a great combo.

Yes I'm in Canada. White is nice with the ebony interior, but I really like the Red/Parchment combination. The color selection is really poor in Canada.

The White/ebony combination is only available in Canada.

Quick Reply: Red TSX?