Recommend body shop in berkeley/oakland?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 10:46 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommend body shop in berkeley/oakland?

Anyone know of a good body shop in the berkeley/oakland/east bay area? A metal plate fell on the top of my hood and caused a small dent but put a guage into the paint all the way down to the metal.

Thanks.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:03 AM
Cruisin'

Not sure if they have one over there but I go to a place called "Don's Auto Body". They have SF Honda do all the mechanical work and they do the body work so they are pretty good.

www.donsautobodysf.com

I brought my Integra there but it was totalled so they didn't really do anything to it. They came highly recommended and they are a very large company. They probably have a branch near your area.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:51 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OH GOD, DO NOT GO TO DON'S AUTO BODY.

I had my gf's accord repaired there a few years ago and it was one of the WORST experience ever. I for one will never go back there or recommend anyone there. The car was involve in a swipe that damaged the right fender, bumper, and missaligned the steering. When we got the car back, the fender was NOT replaced, it was repaired with bondo. You could literally FEEL a slight lump in the bondo area of the fender. Second, they gave us the WRONG bumper, her car was a EX and they gave her a LX bumper. At the time, the 2 bumpers were different in terms of cosmetics apperance. They said that was the "part # that showed in the computer". I smell B.S. more like some dumbass ordering the wrong bumper. They "claimed" to have already disposed of the old bumper, so we couldn't compare.

Last, the alignment was one of the worst I have seen, must of been a rush job because the car was not ready for me when I got there. The alignment was missaligned 2 weeks after getting the car back. I went back and told them of this and they said alignments are not covered under warranty. I was like UM...ok fine. Second, I asked them about the slight "lump" in the repaired fender. They said it was within repair spec, so they won't repair it. Last, the bumper, they said that was the one in the system and they had already dipose of the old one, so they wouldn't replace it. At the time, I was young and naive, so I took their words. If it was now, I would RAISE HELL and go to court with them if I had to.

Take my word for it, at Don's Auto Body, they treat you like a NUMBER where they can cash$$$$$ in. If you have a problem afterward, they will make all sorts of excuses not to fix it. I highly recommend going else where.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:35 AM
6 speed yo!

an ex and lx bumpers are the same....they gave you the wrong emblem. i know 2 people that got into accidents with their accords and thye never get there EX's emblems back on lol its just blank. lol
what about the body shop going south its on the left if you pass stones town mall in SF?

ya its broad but use the navi for directions haha (if u have it)
Old 09-30-2004, 01:45 AM
Advanced

Quality Body & Fender in Oakland (2510 Martin Luther King) did a really great job on my Integra when the neighbor hit it with a SUV. It was a bit pricey, but I wasn't paying for it.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:22 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[QUOTE=tsxhondatuner]an ex and lx bumpers are the sameQUOTE]

Not for that year Accords.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:38 PM
Intermediate

A few years back, I had a Saturn which was broken into. The driver's side door was all scratched up (and the windows broken, etc...) I took my car to Janssens body shop in Newark. They did a nice paint job. I dug up their phone number; it's (510)796-6151.

(these punks stole an after-market radio that I put in the dash. But the "face/control panel" was detached and not on the radio. What was the point of stealing a radio when you can't even use it??)

I think this shop is a family operation. The dad is retired, but his son took over.

I'm thinking of taking my TSX to them sometime in the future...but I'll wait until the number of paint chips on my front hood/fender becomes unbearable.