Rear Fog light mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Fog light mod

I'm about to receive my rear fog from heeltoe. Does anyone have an idea on how to install the switch and the wires? I don't even know where to start! There is no instruction for this at all. I was going to see if I can do it myself before I take it to an auto electronic shop.

Any suggestion would be great! Thanks!
Old 02-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Instructor

If you get any info be sure to post it! I am thinking about this mod as well. Although I have an 06, and he only sells the 04-05 EDM tails. But I have never been able to see the difference between the 04-05 tails and the 06+ anyways.

There may possibly be some unused wires heading back to the taillights. I haven't really looked at that section of the Helms yet.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:39 AM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
04-05 has some kind of block patern and 06 have a sun starburst pattern along with the reverse light tinted.

I did the rear tailights but im guessing the fog light needs the foglight switch.
And might have extra wires that aren't used.

My jdm tailight had left me with an extra wire. The oem lights has the corner light that isn't on jdm lights.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want to know the way I did it, it's pretty simple.

You can check my thread if you need tips on just the lens install.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27047

So, I bought a simple two terminal Automotive switch from Radio Shack. It was a black round switch with a square bezel. Matched the dash trim color perfectly.

The other option is to get a European Accord signal stalk with the rear fog switch. But the TSX is not prewired for a rear fog. It would look more OEM but would take more effort to wire up IMO.

So, for the wiring, you most likely have to do what I did and purchase your own, along with some connectors.

Use the OEM reverse light bulb socket, disconnect it and you will see two prong type terminals.

I then spliced into and jumped one wire from the positive wire adjacent to the reverse light. This is the stationary tail light (small bulb wire).

Crimped on a connector and attatched it to one of the terminals on the back of the bulb socket for the rear fog. (This allows the rear fog to only function when the parking lights and/or headlights are on. See last pic in thread for reference.)

I then crimped another connector and ran another wire (ground) from the other terminal on the rear fog bulb socket, all the way to the driver side switch panel and connected it to the Radio Shack switch.

Then I ran a wire from the switch, and used a loop connector and used a ground bolt behind the dash.

I wanted it to be a little cleaner so I later soldered the the connections.

I hope that wasn't too confusing. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ILoveMyHonda

So, I bought a simple two terminal Automotive switch from Radio Shack. It was a black round switch with a square bezel. Matched the dash trim color perfectly.

The other option is to get a European Accord signal stalk with the rear fog switch. But the TSX is not prewired for a rear fog. It would look more OEM but would take more effort to wire up IMO.

So, for the wiring, you most likely have to do what I did and purchase your own, along with some connectors.

Use the OEM reverse light bulb socket, disconnect it and you will see two prong type terminals.

I then spliced into and jumped one wire from the positive wire adjacent to the reverse light. This is the stationary tail light (small bulb wire).

Crimped on a connector and attatched it to one of the terminals on the back of the bulb socket for the rear fog. (This allows the rear fog to only function when the parking lights and/or headlights are on. See last pic in thread for reference.)

I then crimped another connector and ran another wire (ground) from the other terminal on the rear fog bulb socket, all the way to the driver side switch panel and connected it to the Radio Shack switch.

Then I ran a wire from the switch, and used a loop connector and used a ground bolt behind the dash.

I really like that Euro Accord light stalk for the steering wheel. Does anyone know the Honda part # for this? I have been on multiple European Honda sites but I haven't been able to find anything like the online American Honda parts catalog. I am also looking for the part # of the EDM tail for 06+ left hand drive, as I want to do this mod to my 06.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ILoveMyHonda

It's awesome that you have it too! I thought only one other person on here has that mod, the other person is tsxdriver.

I'm don't quite understand what you did here since you do not have the switch.

Is there a separate bulb in the unit, one for reverse and one for the rear fog? I was told that when the fog light is on, it's red, and it is still white when it is in reverse.

From the way you described it, only the right reverse is white now.

Is it hard to connect the wires so the fog turns on when the lights are on?

I'm so excited for this mod! I'm probably getting the part tomorrow!
Old 02-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Racer

are the black wires usually the power supply?
Old 02-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Racer

I just realized that I posted this in the general discussion...oops

Sorry Mods! Please move it under performance parts & mods!

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jeff The Pianist
It's awesome that you have it too! I thought only one other person on here has that mod, the other person is tsxdriver.

I'm don't quite understand what you did here since you do not have the switch.

Is there a separate bulb in the unit, one for reverse and one for the rear fog? I was told that when the fog light is on, it's red, and it is still white when it is in reverse.

From the way you described it, only the right reverse is white now.

Is it hard to connect the wires so the fog turns on when the lights are on?

I'm so excited for this mod! I'm probably getting the part tomorrow!
Just please don't drive with it on all the time, especially when it is not needed.

I love it when clueless geezers with their Jags drive with it on when it is not needed. I just turn on my high beams behind them. And the best part is, they don't know why I'm blinding them, and they try to tell me by using their turn signals that I have my brights on. I then flash my high beams in response.