Really close to getting a TSX.....one problem, help

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 12:42 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really close to getting a TSX.....one problem, help

So I'm really close to getting a new TSX. Theres a lot I love about it. The value, the interior, all the standard features, etc.

I've been cross shopping between a BMW 325i and Audi A4. Niether come close to matching the tsx in value. And the TSX is right there as far as performance goes.

The only thing holding me back is the exterior styling. Honestly It just doesnt do anything for me, not nearly as nice as the smooth curves of the BMW or Audi. I dunno, I wish it wasnt such a big issue but it is.

It just looks too generic, could be confused with a civic or something from a far. Did anyone else have this dilemma? Someone convince me otherwise cause I really love the car except for this.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:46 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
With the money you save by going to the TSX you can get any body kit and wheel combo you like if you think stock is too bland.
Old 12-18-2004, 12:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Think of it this way. The BMW and Audi will look dated in a decade, but the TSX will still look as good as ever.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:01 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So, you're about to plunk $30,000 grand on a car but you don't like the way it looks and want others to talk you into it?

Do yourself a favor. Go buy the A4 or the Beemer. IF you don't like the way it looks, and exterior styling is a major concern for you, than the TSX is probably not the vehicle for you. I personally love the styling, and it was a great purchase for me. 20,000 miles later, and I'd definitely do it again. But, what is right for one driver is not necessarily right for another.

Get what you want and don't ask other drivers to talk you into buying a car you don't like.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:02 PM
The extra b is for byobb

I agree with you that the 3 series and A4 are better looking cars (only on the outside though).

I did consider both of those cars before getting the TSX and what really turned me off was their image. I didn't want to be that 21 year old douchebag driving a BMW. Since you're 19 I'd say defanitely consider that. However, if you want to turn the heads of jappy girls or otherwise like the image of having a lux german car I'd say go for the 3 series.

The TSX exterior is not really an attention grabber, but once you get people inside they tend to melt- esp if you have the navi.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:08 PM
The extra b is for byobb

Dude, I totally missed your handle. GusterDMB you need an A4 STAT!!!
Old 12-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Intermediate

Different strokes for different folks, as the saying goes. I, on the other hand, think that TSX is one of the nicest looking sedans out there. I admit that the A4 and BMW3 series looks nice too but I still think the TSX looks better. Interior wise, its a toss up between the Audi and the TSX, but the layout of the gauges is nicer with the TSX - clean and simple.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:22 PM
04 remembrance

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Think of it this way. The BMW and Audi will look dated in a decade, but the TSX will still look as good as ever.
I don't think so.

The BMW never looks dated, althogh the Audi's do. If anything, the BMWs look even more classy or stylish as they age.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:29 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by iamhomin
I don't think so.

The BMW never looks dated, althogh the Audi's do. If anything, the BMWs look even more classy or stylish as they age.
The current 3-series, at least to me, is already starting to look dated. The last gen 5-series is one that will likely be timeless though.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Racer

It is apparent that you would never get the same sense of satisfaction out of owning a TSX as a 325i or an A4.

You need to buy a car that has a body style that you find attractive -- as long as the extra thousands of dollars, including insurance and maintenance, are no problem. Otherwise, you would be accepting a compromise that you surely regret. You certainly would not want anyone thinking that you were driving a civic.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:40 PM
Instructor

if you get a bimmer or audi you better have deep pockets.parts ahnd service are $$$$$$
Old 12-18-2004, 01:41 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,236 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
The TSX will look dated compared to all the flying cars.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:53 PM
ric
Safety Car

Well, the aesthetics of the exterior are incredibly personal. I find the TSX to have cleaner and more simple lines that the BMW, frankly. The latter has some crease/speed lines on the side that are not cleaning resolved. The A4 is certainly a clean essay in exterior styling, and one could make a case that it is somewhat slicker. I find the TSX to be crisp, understated and thoughtfully shaped. It is not particularly ostentatious, which is an asset in the city, where expensive cars are a target.
Old 12-18-2004, 02:38 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GusterDMB
So I'm really close to getting a new TSX. Theres a lot I love about it. The value, the interior, all the standard features, etc.

I've been cross shopping between a BMW 325i and Audi A4. Niether come close to matching the tsx in value. And the TSX is right there as far as performance goes.

The only thing holding me back is the exterior styling. Honestly It just doesnt do anything for me, not nearly as nice as the smooth curves of the BMW or Audi. I dunno, I wish it wasnt such a big issue but it is.

It just looks too generic, could be confused with a civic or something from a far. Did anyone else have this dilemma? Someone convince me otherwise cause I really love the car except for this.
To each his own. tsx is a well finished car, styling wise and to be confused with the civic, i would say is silly. audi a4 is another sharp looking car that is all. bmw well u might as well wait for the completely redesigned 06 model arriving in 05. Its design is beginning to look so stale with all the bmw's out there.
Old 12-18-2004, 02:45 PM
Not an Ashtray

Originally Posted by iamhomin
I don't think so.

I'm with you. Even the wagons age well. The only issue with Beemers (at least with the three series) is that there are so many on the road that they stop looking interesting.
Old 12-18-2004, 02:56 PM
Everyday Joe

I agree with everybody else...don't try to talk yourself into the TSX. Although I'll say that I was not initially a big fan of the TSX styling, it grew on me tremendously and I love it. I also feel that it'll look good in 5-6 years b/c it is very simple and clean...not like a RX-8 for example.

One other thing about the BMW-they're going to have a brand new body style in a year...so your car will looked "dated" very soon. Something to chew on...

Good luck on your deliberations....
Old 12-18-2004, 02:58 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by darth62
So, you're about to plunk $30,000 grand on a car but you don't like the way it looks and want others to talk you into it?

Do yourself a favor. Go buy the A4 or the Beemer. IF you don't like the way it looks, and exterior styling is a major concern for you, than the TSX is probably not the vehicle for you. I personally love the styling, and it was a great purchase for me. 20,000 miles later, and I'd definitely do it again. But, what is right for one driver is not necessarily right for another.

Get what you want and don't ask other drivers to talk you into buying a car you don't like.

we can't convince you to like something which is based upon subjective taste...
Old 12-18-2004, 03:01 PM
Pro

from afar, I've sometimes confused the rear of the 3-series with a civic
Old 12-18-2004, 03:51 PM
2021 RDX A SPEC

Received 308 Likes on 189 Posts
ok.. (pics courtesy of TSX r US (www..com)

1. i would rather hump the TSX ass:

2. the tsx front end looks sleeker.. however, the BMW front end looks a bit more aggressive perhaps?

the next gen of the 3series will be cool but this one seems boring compared
to the TSX... that's MY opinion.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:24 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

get the A4 or the BMW
Old 12-18-2004, 04:24 PM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts

Styling taste is subjective of course, but I love driving my $27,000 'Civic'
Old 12-18-2004, 06:23 PM
Instructor

Go look at consumer reports on BMW and Audi. Great cars, but riddled with electrical problems. I too was looking at the 3 series and A4 before deciding on the TSX.
Old 12-18-2004, 07:00 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by PistonFan

Styling taste is subjective of course, but I love driving my $27,000 'Civic'

How is tsx 27K civic?
Old 12-18-2004, 07:06 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Civic and TSX is totally different... TSX looks way better!! HAHAH

I've been in the same delimma dude, I was cross between C230, A4, 325i and TSX. But I chose the TSX, because it's new. The other cars look like as they were before. And soon, They are going to change how they look, but I think TSX still has a few years to go, I know the A4 and BMW is changing in 07, and TSX is not, that's why I chose it. TSX has more mods than them, and is cheaper to afford. That's why I think TSX is better man!!
Old 12-18-2004, 08:02 PM
Instructor

?

You are going to spend much more time inside the car rather than looking at your car from the outside. Don't worry about if it looks good on the outside as much, do u like the inside? and i test drove the A4, and if you are comparing apples to apples, u probably considering the 1.8T. The 1.8T is a SLUG and in the BMW 325, everything is an option. I felt like even the seat belts would be an option.

That's my
Old 12-19-2004, 12:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Acura604
ok.. (pics courtesy of TSX r US (www..com)

1. i would rather hump the TSX ass:

2. the tsx front end looks sleeker.. however, the BMW front end looks a bit more aggressive perhaps?

the next gen of the 3series will be cool but this one seems boring compared
to the TSX... that's MY opinion.
You not including my BMW vs TSX pic? here is the thread https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18252
I spent 6g to make my bmw looks good but I only spent $1.5g to make my tsx looks better than my bmw. Unless you going to get a M3 or 330i ZHP or 330Ci M-package, you will need to spend huge to dress up your 3-series to make it look better than a Civic.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:49 AM
Burning Brakes