Re TSX and the general public

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 11:19 AM
OG

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Re TSX and the general public

As some of you lifers know, I know just a little bit about the TSX. I have been keeping track of the car since day one in regards to amount of clients asking about the TSX. April/May- mostly Acura diehards. June- Honda fans and shoppers. Late July/Aug-sales are peaking. Everybody and anybody are stopping in asking to see the car. Reasons- the press is now out on the car and its been mostly positive. Personally I have shipped cars out to LV and as far as Utah and Wash. Looks like the 4 banger strikes again. If dealers are offering deals in your area and this is the car you want...go buy it. Waiting for close out is kind of pointless because this is not an 03 model car. Good luck.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:24 AM
More On

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like dumb Larch was ahead of the curve on this one. God knows, I'm wrong on so many things it's about time I might be right about something.

I pointed out from the beginning that you can't always assume there'll be better deals on a new model after a few months. Usually that's the case, but not if a car is HOT HOT HOT. Sometimes the deals get WORSE. As I said, waiting was PROBABLY a good financial strategy, but you had to be prepared for the possibility that it wouldn't be -- and that you might have to not only pay more later on but also have a longer wait after buying.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:41 AM
OG

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude I don't think you were the only one that said that. I mentioned the same thing way back when...but of course im in sales so its harder for people to believe what I say. My last thought on this matter is, there are still some people picking the 03TLs over the TSX and for good reasons. But within the next month or so as inventory on the 03s disappear and the price gap between the 04TLs and 04 TSXs widens...the demand will be even higher on the TSXs.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:53 AM
Instructor

hopefully i can get a good deal somehow next spring when i get a car. maybe on a demo '04 or a new '05 possibly?
Old 08-12-2003, 02:00 PM
Pro

Originally posted by larchmont
...dumb Larch...
indeed

The car is supposely selling pretty well. I went by a dealer on my way to another and they guy said they sold two of them just that day and had a few more they were prepping when I was talking. Asked me if I wanted to see, but I told him the truth that I was just looking.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:05 PM
Pro

I would ordered mine in april but had to wait to save up for deposit and then I GOT IT!!!!! LOVIN IT!!!! Dealers around philly aren't taking too much off. With more publicity and more people seeing it on the road now, everyone's gonna flock to the dealers to buy one. Had a dealer call me twice to sell the car to me, I turned him down and he had no problems not selling it to me because someone else will want it. Although I did see a black/parchment and SSM/ebony on his lot for about a month.