Rant Warning - 10k mile service = Not Happy Camper

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 10:52 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rant Warning - 10k mile service = Not Happy Camper

Just had my 10K service done today (actual odo @ 12.5K) at Sacramento dealership. After handing them TSB printouts (many thanks to Dan Martin for the posts) for the infamous windshield pillar fix and the door speaker buzz and walking away thinking that I'd finally have a buzz, crackle & pop free ride I returned to P/U the car and was told that A) They can't do the Pillar TSB fix because they have to "hear" it 1st and B) Yes the Speaker TSB is for my '04 TSX but my VIN# is not in the "range" etc.

Excuse the rant BUT... I've been living with the "windshield is about to explode" noise all thru last Winter and every cold morning and these guys tell me that we will now have to have a communal audible experience as proof of my problem before they can make a customer happy and BTW get paid by Acura to do it!! When do we start singing cum-by-ya??? Hummmm? As to the speaker buzz I also have a door rattle that rarely stops unless you push of the panel. A common problem that yes, again they’ve never heard of that too before.

Long story short - They finally agreed to open the panel and fix the rattle and put a little felt on the speaker. End result, can't tell if the speaker buzz is gone yet but the rattle is still there and I'm waiting for colder weather so they can say. "Yup, I guess you do have a problem there." WTF

Aside from the wasting of my time (car at the shop from 8am to 5pm+) they charged me, after crediting me for my own supplied oil & filter, $100.

My conclusion is I was BS'd about more than a few items and when I asked for more details all I was told was the same line over & over again as if I had the IQ of a tennis shoe. And these people want me to drop $50K on an RL???

Sorry for the rant but I was so PO'd and diss'd that I had to tell someone with a sympathetic ear. Has anyone out there heard about a VIN # range limit for the speaker TSB? I read it and didn't see squat.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:57 PM
Racer

NorCal, eh? Which dealer shall I avoid?
Sorry to hear about the shittastic "service".
Old 08-24-2005, 11:05 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
time for a diff dealer. i have had both good and bad.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:21 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have to agree. Some dealers are just a big PITA. See if there is another one nearby that can do right by you.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:29 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by theElio
NorCal, eh? Which dealer shall I avoid?
Sorry to hear about the shittastic "service".
Let me put it this way... My next phone call will be to the other dealer in town, Elk Grove Acura. I'm going to relate my experience to them and ask for their service costs in writing and how they deal with TSB's, etc. They're an extra 25 miles away so If I can't get a loaner I'll rent a car for a day. Because I was soooo PO"d and they knew it and didn't care I will spend my time & money at a dealership that knows the meaning of service. I'm a pretty understanding person and not demanding but boy do I hate to be talked down to and BS'd. I'm responsible for the livelyhood of 24+ people and we all bend over backwards to make our customers happy. Even when they're acting like a dick

BTW - If you're wondering this TSX is my 5th new car and Mr. FICO says I could afford an RL. Good customers are hard to come buy. That's why they call it service!
Old 08-24-2005, 11:36 PM
Pro

A light bulb just went on!

Do you guys think we should start a Dealer Review Section where we can share all the info on the good & bad Dealers out there? A kind of review board, clearinghouse of experiences and recommendations. Reward the good dealers and slam the toads. The people that support this site should be able to influence the marketplace by voting with their wallets.

Any thoughts???
Old 08-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Still Water
Do you guys think we should start a Dealer Review Section where we can share all the info on the good & bad Dealers out there? A kind of review board, clearinghouse of experiences and recommendations. Reward the good dealers and slam the toads. The people that support this site should be able to influence the marketplace by voting with their wallets.

Any thoughts???
That idea was brought up about a year ago. It was more doable back when we had regional forums. There may be some old threads on the topic.

You could start a thread where everyone reviews dealerships but it be tough to keep it from getting whored up and sidetracked. Give it a shot.

Here are some threads that worked:
http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...hlight=service
http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...hlight=service
Old 08-24-2005, 11:51 PM
Pro

I know what you're saying. Perhaps we could strip it down (KISS) to a dealer warning thread. Kind of "post your bad experiences here" and give others a heads-up warning.

As for me I'm still thinking bad thoughts about my own experience so perhaps my perspective is a bit too colored right now. I guess I'm just Old School when it comes to "rights right & wrongs wrong" kind of things. I just think the customer should be treated with respect & understanding and BTW it's good for business. How novel.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:30 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Still Water

Any thoughts???
I believe there may be something to that effect coming up sometime within the site. When exactly, I don't know.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Pro

Not only is that a good idea but I think it could go a ways towards rewarding the "good" dealerships with what they want most - More business and loyal, word-of-mouth customers.

I'm all for it!
Old 08-25-2005, 10:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I think it's a good idea. Including the name of the service advisor would be nice too.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:11 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by JTso
I think it's a good idea. Including the name of the service advisor would be nice too.
Ditto
Old 08-25-2005, 10:17 AM
Pro

I'm off to work now... Time to solve some other people's problems, piss on a few fires, make some people happy & generate positive word-of-mouth and make sure my guys get paid. That's what I do for a living. I don't see this a too high a standard for a "service" department to strive for.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
elk grove acura will do the same. They're not that great either. I go there for service. been there 5 times for radio issues. finally fixed. excessive wind noise was worsen after they tried to fix it.

If u do go to Elk grove acura .. avoid the female rep (dont know her name).. she doesnt know what she's talkin about. Talk to either i think Chad .. forgot .. havnet been there in a couple of months. The guy is a caucasian .. short buzz cut hair . skinny .. bout 6ft high.

Did u go to Neilo Acura for ur service?
Old 08-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah he must have went to Neilo. I have heard some bad stories about the service at Stockton Acura too. Not sure if there is a good dealer around us. Let me know if you find a good one guys.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:59 PM
Pro

I'm sorry to hear that about Elk Grove Acura. Yes, I went to Niello Acura. In fact I went there with a very positive atitude and I even printed & filled out the preservice form from the Acuralink site. Needless to say I'm not looking forward to having to deal with them if I have a problem that's not black & white no if ands or buts simple.

I don't understand why the management of these dealerships don't (my point of view) take a very proactive part in customer satisfaction. Service shouldn't be a contest of wills or BS exchange. If you're like me I don't have the time to be jerked around and my "problems or concerns" put off to another day.

Maybe we should buy our own dealership????

If at least let's try to find a good service writer and go from there.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Some stores hate it when customers bring in a TSB. Sometimes you're better off just complaining about the sound and letting them be the 'hero' by finding it and fixing it.

TSBs are not recalls and it is true that the problem must be verified or Acura (American Honda) won't pay the warranty claim. Lot's of S2000 owners went through this with the clutch pressure plate "buzz". There was a TSB for it, but not all the cars did it. They wouldn't fix it if it wasn't showing the problem when service looked at it.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Colin
Some stores hate it when customers bring in a TSB. Sometimes you're better off just complaining about the sound and letting them be the 'hero' by finding it and fixing it.

TSBs are not recalls and it is true that the problem must be verified or Acura (American Honda) won't pay the warranty claim. Lot's of S2000 owners went through this with the clutch pressure plate "buzz". There was a TSB for it, but not all the cars did it. They wouldn't fix it if it wasn't showing the problem when service looked at it.

Thanks for the insight. I guess the adage "fore told is fore warned" should apply from this point forward. It's unfortunate that we have to play games to get done that which should be obvious but, oh well. Now that I know that it is a game I'll be better prepared to win the battle and the war. I should have known better and not believed any of the BS mission statement plastered on the wall for all to see and none to follow. If they would only have told me up front that "this is how it works" I might not have become so bent. Nah... I'd have still been pissed off.

Let the games begin