questions before buying a tsx

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 02:51 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
questions before buying a tsx

HI, new to this board, but just wanted to get some opinions on two things. I am looking at a red, auto/non navi and was wondering why it seems like that their are not too many red ones owned on this list? any problems with the color? And also I have not tried the manual, cause their are none left out here in las vegas, Anyone dissapointed that they bought one instead of the manual. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:23 PM
6 speed yo!

i have a milano red. i had to dealer locate it because 1) its a hard color to find. 2) i only wanted 6 Speed and 3) i got navi. i would be disappointed if i got auto. just my
Old 10-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Hondaholic

When I was test driving the TSX, the only demo the dealer had in stock was a 5AT. I had never owned an auto, although I've driven a few, and I always hated them. After driving the 5AT, I found out two things.

One was that I was buying a TSX.

The other was that I really liked the 5AT, and that I would give it some serious consideration.

The next week the dealer got in a 6MT, which I promptly took out for a drive. It made me realize that there was no way I could be happy with any type of automatic.

I have heard rumors that Honda will be bringing over a computer controlled manual gearbox, ala Ferrari's F1 or BMW's SMG. During the time that I was thinking about the 5AT, I found myself thinking how pissed I'd be if I got the 5AT and then Honda brought out the new box.

After driving the 6MT, I could care less if they bring it out, because nothing beats rowing through a nice manual gearbox.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:24 PM
Instructor

No offense to red TSX owners, but red tends to depreciate the car's value more because it's a loud color and when you want to sell it, some people will not buy it just because it is red.
Old 10-02-2004, 06:50 PM
2nd Gear

Thank you all, their is definately a limited amount of 6m around here, like none. I have called az,cal, utah. And their is not much left,unless I want to wait till the 05. Don't know if I can hold out.And then pay the extra money. Maybe I will get lucky. Thanks again, Mike
Old 10-02-2004, 07:00 PM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I think if MR came with Ebony interior, there'd more more MR buyers.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:31 PM
6 speed yo!

Originally Posted by TSX 'R' US
I think if MR came with Ebony interior, there'd more more MR buyers.
does for 05'

and how does red depreciate value. atleast i dont have CG like everyone else. that should depreciate cause its a dime a dozen. my CG jus seems boring but people are different. some people like "Loud" colors for their cars. gets more attention from people saying its nice. i know that for fact.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:40 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tsxhondatuner
does for 05'

and how does red depreciate value. atleast i dont have CG like everyone else. that should depreciate cause its a dime a dozen. my CG jus seems boring but people are different. some people like "Loud" colors for their cars. gets more attention from people saying its nice. i know that for fact.
You seem to be forgetting the basic economic concept of demand and supply.
It's very simple and also applies to used car market.
The more popular a colour is the higher the resale value.
The fact that not many people buy red means that it won't hold its value as well as popular colours like Carbon Grey.
The only exception to that rule will be when there aren't many red TSX's simply because there is a shortage. However, that's not the case here and many people do not want a red TSX. That's the truth.
That's also why yellow cars are also very difficult to sell second-hand and often cheaper than less "loud" colours.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:05 AM
Special-K

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMO...i think the TSX in red looks the best!.. The Red just fits that car..thats why i had to get it in red..lol I have never liked red on cars until i seen it on the TSX and the first thing i said was... "i gotta get it in red" plus i hate seeing the same car and color on the road and i know i wont see too many red ones..plus they didnt make too many red TSX's so it feels good to be one of the few..myne is a 6speed with Nav..gotta luv it!
Old 10-03-2004, 10:46 AM
9th Gear

Hi guys, new member here. Just put down a deposit on a 04 TSX Carbon Gray/Ebony without navi.
Hope I like it.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Instructor

I have CG, it looks niceeee when it's clean, sometimes i wish i had gotten red or white though. But when i was buying my car, i wanted it too much to be picky, and was not patient at all. So i settled for a CG w/navi. I've gotten a lot of compliments with CG. RED IS HOT ON THE TSX! And i dont usually like red on sedans.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:00 AM
ric
Safety Car

Red is a color that has a chromarange that draws attention, and the old wives tale that red cars attract cops' attention is probably based on a certain amount of truth. Some speedsters, like my wife, avoid the color for that reason. A blond, she claimed that the combination of a blond woman in a speeding red car was just begging to get stopped, and that - when she put her hair up in a cap and drove a mousy grey car, she could speed without ever getting caught.................

It used to be that intense, vivid colors tended to fade in harsh sunlight, and people avoided them for that reason as well; red can fade. I assume the modern technology of paint manufacture and applicaton has largely dealt with that in the world of metal and plastic finishes for cars, but - as an architect - I still avoid strongly saturated colors on exterior materials because of their propensity to fade and loose luster over time.

The few reds that I have seen on the road are very striking in the TSX body style (it's not like it's some red Cadillac Eldo, or something) - the chrome accent components stand out nicely, provide a lot of definition.

If you like the color and can get the mt yo want, go for it. If you keep the car for more than a few years, the issue of depreciation will be moot anyway, regardless of the color picked.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red TSX's look great.

I don't think there is one whit of evidence that red cars don't hold their value well.

If you like it, go for it.