Quartz interior pictures/ HID headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Quartz interior pictures/ HID headlights

First Question: Can anybody post some pictures of their TSX with a quartz interior or refer me to a site/place where there are some pictures? I've checked numerous websites and ran searches but am still having difficulty finding any good/real pictures of the quartz interior. It would be nice to see some interior and exterior(shot from outside looking in) pictures of the TSX w/ the quartz interior but I'm not picky. The dealers in my area don't have many in stock with the quartz, although I have look at a SSm and MSm with quartz in person. Whatever is fine though... I am just trying to decide on the best color combination. I'd like to hear anyone elses input/opinion/likes/dislikes with the quartz and I'm sure others might as well.

Second Question: In the brochure for the TSX's HID headlights, the color appears to have a bluish tint, yet in person and in most pictures it looks almost normal white. Can anyone tell me why that is?? I know the bright headlights on TSX are not HID but the regulars are susposed to be HID. Is it just a daytime thing where it looks white? I don't know much about HIDs/xenons but are they always necessarily "blue" tinted (such as the 2001-2003 TL/CL) or does it just depend on the lights? If anybody has the recent brochure, its pictured near the back. On one I looked at in the show room, the lights looked "bluish", yet one I looked at outside from a different dealer appeared white. Does it depend on where I was? Did they just recently integrate bluish HIDs? It would be greatly appreciated if someone could fill me in.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:32 AM
Suzuka Master

Wiz's pics sold me on quartz. Don't know exactly how to answer your second question, though.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:41 AM
Do I Make You Horny?

take a look at my car......not sure if it will help, but i have interior pics and some hid pics.

the link is in my sig, just copy & paste.
Old 02-13-2004, 01:57 PM
wiz
Pro

From the link in the 2nd post (my car).

Quartz interior with CG Exterior

And here are some pics of the HID's as well as HID's with brights.

I have since replaced the brights with whiter lights. I'll try to get some pictures of them one day when I get a chance...
Old 02-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Instructor

I to was a little worried about the Quartz interior. I have the CG/Quartz and I like it. I have the black in my TL and it is a dust magnet. I think the Quartz is a little darker than most of the pictures appear.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:55 AM
Cruisin' the Azine's

Re: Quartz interior pictures/ HID headlights

Originally posted by BW61885
Second Question: In the brochure for the TSX's HID headlights, the color appears to have a bluish tint, yet in person and in most pictures it looks almost normal white. Can anyone tell me why that is?? I know the bright headlights on TSX are not HID but the regulars are susposed to be HID. Is it just a daytime thing where it looks white? I don't know much about HIDs/xenons but are they always necessarily "blue" tinted (such as the 2001-2003 TL/CL) or does it just depend on the lights? If anybody has the recent brochure, its pictured near the back. On one I looked at in the show room, the lights looked "bluish", yet one I looked at outside from a different dealer appeared white. Does it depend on where I was? Did they just recently integrate bluish HIDs? It would be greatly appreciated if someone could fill me in.
HIDs are much like the flash in your camera. They work on the same principle of igniting an arc of energy between two electrodes which happens to produce light that is very near real sunlight. It makes normal halogens appear yellow and faint.

To the onlooker, HIDs appear to have a bluish-purplish hue to them from far away, but to the driver and those up close, the light is as white as day. Ever notice in a stadium when the flashes are going off they appear bluish-purplish from a distance?

The color of the light can look different depending on surrounding effects. Just like the colors in a photo can be distorted if you have incadescent vs. flourescent lighting. It's all about the wavelength. I don't want to get into too much detail on this. You can google it for yourself.

Fact of the matter is, the HIDs light up the road unlike any headlights I've ever seen, regardless of their percieved color. If you are concerned about the "blue" look, add a filter to your lights (but just be warned that that will filter out much of the useful light).
Old 02-14-2004, 12:51 PM
Intermediate

Thanks alot everybody.

Roverhater - You are right , the quartz interior definitely looks darker in real life, but the pictures definitely help me to get an idea of what in the interior is what color and how it blends.

21 in AZ and Wiz - your rides are sweet, love the photos.

Thanks to everyone else for their contributions, good information, I appreciate it.

Bryan (BW61885)
Old 02-15-2004, 05:18 PM
04 remembrance

Get ebony, quartz look cheap, imo.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:38 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some pics to show what was mentioned above. I took these pics on the same nigt. Different angles make the color look different.

blue

white

little bit of both

few more pics in this album. Since it was foggy out I was trying to get pictures of the hid beams more then anything.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290083813
Old 02-16-2004, 09:42 AM
wiz
Pro

Originally posted by iamhomin
Get ebony, quartz look cheap, imo.
Quartz is actually very stylish...ebony is going with the flow and can look just as cheap as anything else if not done correctly. Luckily the Ebony and the Quartz looks good in the TSX. I am not a fan of the Parchment, but it is not horrible, and nor does it look cheap.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:56 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the Quartz looks awesome...thats why i bought my TSX with the CG/QZ combo

I think black is too common, and shows all the dust!

Just my 2 cents
Old 02-16-2004, 12:28 PM
'04 MSM/Auto/No Nav

Depending on the climate where you live, you might also want to consider how the black interior will absorb more heat than the quartz. There's nothing more unenjoyable in the summer than getting into your black leather interior car that's been sitting in a sunny SoCal parking lot for an hour...
Old 02-17-2004, 09:20 AM
Do I Make You Horny?

quartz w/silver trim = WOW! effect

ebony w/wood trim & wood steering wheel = OK.

the wood looks to fake to me.....like "look at me, i want to be a baller, but cant cause im lame"........

BW61885.......thanks for the comments.