Prospective Buyer

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prospective Buyer

I am going this weekend to test drive a TSX auto w/out Nav. Looking for a second car to replace a VW Jetta. I also have a Volvo XC70 '04, so figured TSX would be a fun and comfortable ride for around town and short drives. I have read many things on the forum both pro's and con's. Really like the styling and reputation of acura. I am going to look at the Accords, but really don't like the look that much.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:03 PM
Suzuka Master

I think the TSX is a little too stiff to be considered "comfortable" around town. Good luck choosing, though.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Advanced

Has to ride and handle better then my Jetta. It definently looks better and has more usable features.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:21 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My biggest issue is I don't think the auto will be 'sporty' enough for me, but I can't get a manual for my daily driver, so I'm stuck choosing from a group of automatic cars and the TSX is the right price for what it offers, I just think the already kinda underpowered car would really suck with an auto trans. Anyone care to comment?

I'm confident with the right suspension upgrades I can get it to handle acceptably for a FWD car, though it lacks a sporty steering rack ratio. I'm just not sure I can get the acceleration to the level I'd be happy with.

For reference I'm coming from an '01 CL TypeS that had Tein coilovers, Comptech swaybars, and SPC camber kits, as well as the intake silencer box removed.

260hp was acceptable. I don't know if 200hp in a car that weighs almost as much will be.

Though the price would be about the same for an Accord coupe EX V6 (240hp), I don't really care for its looks.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:30 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
JRock it sounds like you have already made up your mind that the TSX isn't going to work for you. Why don't you look at the G35C instead?
Old 04-16-2004, 04:43 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's way too much money compared to what I want to spend right now, and I'd feel like a tool getting an automatic G35C (more so than a G35 sedan anyway, but the sedan is ugly imho).

If $33k was acceptable, I'd get a G35 Sedan w/ AWD and the right options and I'd have 260hp again and more tq, but I don't want to spend that much and I don't like the design, inside or out.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:51 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Well I'm not sure how to make any other suggestions. If you don't think the TSX with the SS is going to be fast enough and you don't want to spend more money then your choices are pretty limited. At least when it comes to Japanese vehicles. The Accord is the only other car in the Honda with more power that is available with an auto and is less expensive than the TSX. Otherwise you are going to be looking at the Nissan brand which have shitty interiors IMO or the Toyotas which are really bland.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:56 PM
Racer

Re: Prospective Buyer

Originally posted by jkochis
I am going this weekend to test drive a TSX auto w/out Nav. Looking for a second car to replace a VW Jetta. I also have a Volvo XC70 '04, so figured TSX would be a fun and comfortable ride for around town and short drives.
I've got a silver Volvo V70 and it looks terrific parked next to my red TSX on a sunny day!

Seriously though, the Volvo and Acura really are a match made in heaven. The V70 is a soft, comfortable, and stylish touring car with room for 6, or even 7 in a pinch. The Acura is a taut, athletic sport sedan with firm, but not jarring ride, and superb fit, finish, and detailing.

I enjoy driving both of them.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:35 PM
Advanced

Re: Re: Prospective Buyer

Originally posted by fedlawman
I've got a silver Volvo V70 and it looks terrific parked next to my red TSX on a sunny day!

Seriously though, the Volvo and Acura really are a match made in heaven. The V70 is a soft, comfortable, and stylish touring car with room for 6, or even 7 in a pinch. The Acura is a taut, athletic sport sedan with firm, but not jarring ride, and superb fit, finish, and detailing.

I enjoy driving both of them.
Sealed the deal today. Have to wait about 2-4 weeks until they arrive from Japan. We decided on a White TSX w/ 5 speed auto no navigation. We test drove and really liked. The TSX is so nice looking in person, very happy so far. Can't wait to get it home and start using it.