Prices in Arizona???

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prices in Arizona???

Okay, I have been reading thru this site and researching buying a TSX for months. I want an 05 but saw the local phoenix dealer have 7 in stock 04's. The guy says he could work a deal to get them off the lot. After about 1-2 hours he basically wants to see a auto/nav for 300 off of sticker. I told him he is nuts and I know he can do alot better. They basically told me to get off the lot and they never get close to want I want. I want 27-27500 for it. So I called the Bell road acura were I was before but they had no TSX's in stock. I asked if he could do a dealer trade and work me a good price. He called back an hour later and only offered me 500-800 off sticker and said the 05's are going to be full sticker or more. He was in no hurry to try to make a sale. Is Arizona Acura dealers this tight @ss with the prices. Anyone in AZ buy a TSX and about what did you pay, what dealer and do you know the salesman name. I am about to give up on getting a TSX, I won't pay sticker for any car!!!!!!
This is what I think of AZ Acura dealers
Old 10-24-2004, 09:21 PM
The extra b is for byobb

Just be patient. Expect to put up with this BS for at least two weeks. Dealers can smell an eager buyer like I can smell sweat in downtown phoenix in july. Keep calm and you can get the deal you want. I picked mine up within 3 months of the initial release and every dealer said the same crap about the car being so hot and not going a cent under MSRP. After talking repeatedly with every dealer within 300 miles (be prepared to drive if you have to) for a week or so, I got one to go $1000 off MSRP and throw in a few hundred bucks of accessories/extras. This car is just too damn good for you not to get the deal you need to pick one up. I have faith.
Good luck.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:52 AM
10th Gear

the salesman at the troy acura dealer can lick my balls

sounds a lot like the losers in Arizona

but as others said work with them

I would have one by now but I wanted the CG with ebony, and all they had was quartz

so I'll wait
Old 10-25-2004, 11:24 AM
Cruisin'

I purchased a TSX last month from Scottsdale Acura. AT/no nav for $25,200. All 3 local Phoenix dealers said they would meet the price. I purchased from Scottsdale because it was the closest to the house. I used the dealer web page from each site to contact the sales guy and negotiated via email.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:15 PM
cmf
ATCer

Originally Posted by Scottsdale-Pearl
I purchased a TSX last month from Scottsdale Acura. AT/no nav for $25,200. All 3 local Phoenix dealers said they would meet the price. I purchased from Scottsdale because it was the closest to the house. I used the dealer web page from each site to contact the sales guy and negotiated via email.

Best way to do it as well. Send an e-mail to them all via one message, that way they know you are talking to multiple dealers. That's how I buy and get invoice prices all the time. Eventually you'll find a dealer who NEEDS the business. Might wanna try CA as well, shouldn't be too far a drive to pick it up.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:15 PM
1st Gear

What dealer did you go to? I am currently waiting for an 05 and tempe told me that they have 4 but i havent been able to check them out yet and see if they are just pullin my chain to come in and take an 04. i was planning on buying from scottsdale...
Old 10-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cmf
Best way to do it as well. Send an e-mail to them all via one message, that way they know you are talking to multiple dealers. That's how I buy and get invoice prices all the time. Eventually you'll find a dealer who NEEDS the business. Might wanna try CA as well, shouldn't be too far a drive to pick it up.

Give Acura of the Desert in Indian Wells a try. They gave me a great deal when I bought and they're closer to AZ than most So Cal dealers.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:16 PM
Instructor

soclose-It was Tempe that wouldn't work any deal. They had 2 white, 2 silver, a red and a black. All were 04's. I sat down on Edmunds to figure out exactly what he was trying to charge. Using the rates he was trying to quote with tax and everything he basically was charging over sticker, almost 30K.
I am going to try to email the local 3 dealers to see if anybody really wants my business. I went to Tempe Honda today to check out a Accord V6 with navi, the salesman was very cool, understood I was more in to the TSX, but he was like we can take a test drive to for fun, no big deal. Never once pressured to sell or got into the car deal talk. He even said he worked for 1 day at Tempe Acura, then left. He said it was like a pit of Vipers over there. Maybe scottsdale Acura would be interested in a sale. Thanks guys.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:50 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by cmf
great idea

I'm going to try that right now