possible TSX in the near future like tomorrow any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 06:35 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation possible TSX in the near future like tomorrow any suggestions?

alright ya'll i'm having a dilema. I either get the '05 TSX reg/ A-Spec or an '05 Accord. If you had to pick which one would you get? on top of that i have the avic-n2! I need all the help I can get right now i need a car ASAP i'm selling my '03 civic next weekend. and are there dash kits for the stereo? if so where can i get one this could make my decision like 8 times faster. thanx peeps
Old 10-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well first off, this is a TSX forum, so everyone is gonna say the TSX of course!
The accord is a great car, but I just see too many of them on the road.

There is not a kit to replace the dash for the TSX though. Instead what people have done is buy the Acura mp3 attachment kit and mount the Pioneer N1/N2 using that.

I think the accord has a replacement dash kit out, but you lose automatic climate control and it also doesn't look very good. There is also a metra kit out to mount a Pioneer N1/n2 in the bottom of the storage bin. The storage bin in the accord is a little bigger, so the layout is different though.

Anyway, if you want pics of the N2 in a TSX. Click on my sig.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:42 PM
10th Gear

my

TSX all day long... The Accord is so everyday and lacks flavor!

Better built
Better warranty
Better service
much more fun to drive
more options
Ect...
Old 10-13-2005, 06:45 PM
8th Gear

well to tell you the truth i totally fell head over for the tsx aspec black/black
they want 35 for it though and i think its kinda high so i wanna talk em down a lot, an added plus was that it was a little smaller in length than the accord (i'm not one for extremely large cars i'm a small person) but i'm going to be doing another test drive tomorrow before i make a final decision. BUT the stereo had a lot to do with the decision i wanted to make sure it would fit cuz i didn't spend all that money to NOT be able to put it in my car know what i mean?
Old 10-13-2005, 07:09 PM
First US '06 TSX on board

Originally Posted by ragarza1
alright ya'll i'm having a dilema. I either get the '05 TSX reg/ A-Spec or an '05 Accord. If you had to pick which one would you get? on top of that i have the avic-n2! I need all the help I can get right now i need a car ASAP i'm selling my '03 civic next weekend. and are there dash kits for the stereo? if so where can i get one this could make my decision like 8 times faster. thanx peeps
I'd sell the aftermarket HU and get a TSX Navi. The cost and efort to install the avic-n2 isn't worth it (my opinion). The TSX navi screen is huge and intigrated. The buttons on the wheel control when it listens for voice commands. The TSX interior is one of the best available at it's price and the Acura/Honda Navi. is the best factory navi at any price.

It's going to cost you to make the radio work in the car. Most people are putting it down in the lower cubby. The stock radio controls remain in the dash, but are useless, when you open the screen it covers part of your dash controls, the colors don't match, it gives someone an excuse to break into your car, and it looks out of place.

The avic-n2 is a great option for those who already have a non-navi car or are buying a car with a poor or non-existant navi option.

I can understand someone wanting a TSX or Accord without navigation. I can understand wanting to put navigation in a car that does not have it. But I can't understand buying a new Honda or Acura without a navi and spending just as much money to stick an aftermarket one in the ash-tray.

Sell the radio with your Civic. Get a TSX-Navi. You should be able to get a killer deal on an '05 because the '06 is a month away with lots of upgrades.

My
Old 10-13-2005, 07:21 PM
Got Ramen?

be different! go for the accord!

no seriously... ur just asking to choose 1 or the other without justification/dilemma on either side and being that this is a TSX forum, you're gonna get biased opinions of course.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I say that if your thinking of even paying 35K for a TSX, consider the TL.. more power, options, but certainly not the handling of a TSX A-Spec... my
Old 10-13-2005, 08:06 PM
First US '06 TSX on board

Originally Posted by Sclass88
I say that if your thinking of even paying 35K for a TSX, consider the TL.. more power, options, but certainly not the handling of a TSX A-Spec... my
I was guessing that he was talking Canada $.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by markcoburn
I'd sell the aftermarket HU and get a TSX Navi. The cost and efort to install the avic-n2 isn't worth it (my opinion). The TSX navi screen is huge and intigrated. The buttons on the wheel control when it listens for voice commands. The TSX interior is one of the best available at it's price and the Acura/Honda Navi. is the best factory navi at any price.

It's going to cost you to make the radio work in the car. Most people are putting it down in the lower cubby. The stock radio controls remain in the dash, but are useless, when you open the screen it covers part of your dash controls, the colors don't match, it gives someone an excuse to break into your car, and it looks out of place.

The avic-n2 is a great option for those who already have a non-navi car or are buying a car with a poor or non-existant navi option.

I can understand someone wanting a TSX or Accord without navigation. I can understand wanting to put navigation in a car that does not have it. But I can't understand buying a new Honda or Acura without a navi and spending just as much money to stick an aftermarket one in the ash-tray.

Sell the radio with your Civic. Get a TSX-Navi. You should be able to get a killer deal on an '05 because the '06 is a month away with lots of upgrades.

My
Don't buy an aspec TSX from the dealer. Buy it stock and put your own aspec parts on. It will be much cheaper.

The OEM factory system is a very nice system, as long as Navi is the #1 priority. If your audio is more important to you than Navi, then aftermarket is not bad at all. Unless your an audio newbie, the N2 is not hard to install. For about $2000 you can have a Navi system with a lot more features than the OEM navi system. From an audiophile's perspective, aftermarket is better than OEM in my opinion.

If you're the type of person to not really ever touch your audio system, then the Navi system would probably be better for you though.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:28 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Getting kinda annoyed with these Gay threads :theghey:
Old 10-13-2005, 08:36 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
These threads should go in the "indecisive car buyers section"! JK hahah

My 05 CGP TSX with my first "MOD" M3 Lip spoiler

Old 10-13-2005, 09:09 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Tsx536
Well first off, this is a TSX forum, so everyone is gonna say the TSX of course!
The accord is a great car, but I just see too many of them on the road.

There is not a kit to replace the dash for the TSX though. Instead what people have done is buy the Acura mp3 attachment kit and mount the Pioneer N1/N2 using that.

I think the accord has a replacement dash kit out, but you lose automatic climate control and it also doesn't look very good. There is also a metra kit out to mount a Pioneer N1/n2 in the bottom of the storage bin. The storage bin in the accord is a little bigger, so the layout is different though.

Anyway, if you want pics of the N2 in a TSX. Click on my sig.
hey when i get my car can i get some opinions on the avic set up from you (likes/dislikes)easiest way to set it up blah blah blah
Old 10-13-2005, 09:53 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOL - this is like asking a fat kid if he wants a jelly donut or not.

of course, get the TSX
Old 10-13-2005, 10:02 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

hey when i get my car can i get some opinions on the avic set up from you (likes/dislikes)easiest way to set it up blah blah blah
Yeah, no problem. Just hit me up.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
One word .... er, I mean, three letters .... Tee Ess Ex
Old 10-13-2005, 11:07 PM
~HondaF1~

Received 110 Likes on 89 Posts
possible TSX in the near future like tomorrow any suggestions?
6 ~ Speed & Navi.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:22 PM
8th Gear

Ok so i test drove the accord coupe today the sh*t was bad (in a good way) down sides its a two door, no way the avic-n2 would fit, the seat kinda feels like its hugging me, the back end looks a little TOO round, and you have to manually adjust the height of the seat with this weird lever thing on the side. good side PRICE obviously, they had it in black, and the new car smell is always nice of course it's going to have that for a while though sooooo.... So it looks like i've made my decision but i'm going to test drive the tsx AGAIN and make my absolute final decision tomorrow (this is going to be my last car for a really long time so i had to make this count. It IS a 4dr it doesn't have a Rounded rear end, i have plenty of room for my stereo, its got a nice sporty look to it and it looks classy at the same time, maintenance sounds great, just about everything is electric (I'm a Helicopter electrician so having to do stuff manually when it can be done electrically....well i'd much rather use electronics) now i just gotta work on a good deal! so i guess i'll be a new member of the TSX family and i'll pop up some pix of my new 'kid' when i get it. thanx for being helpful guys i appreciate it.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Ok so i test drove the accord coupe today the sh*t was bad (in a good way) down sides its a two door, no way the avic-n2 would fit, the seat kinda feels like its hugging me, the back end looks a little TOO round, and you have to manually adjust the height of the seat with this weird lever thing on the side. good side PRICE obviously, they had it in black, and the new car smell is always nice of course it's going to have that for a while though sooooo.... So it looks like i've made my decision but i'm going to test drive the tsx AGAIN and make my absolute final decision tomorrow (this is going to be my last car for a really long time so i had to make this count. It IS a 4dr it doesn't have a Rounded rear end, i have plenty of room for my stereo, its got a nice sporty look to it and it looks classy at the same time, maintenance sounds great, just about everything is electric (I'm a Helicopter electrician so having to do stuff manually when it can be done electrically....well i'd much rather use electronics) now i just gotta work on a good deal! so i guess i'll be a new member of the TSX family and i'll pop up some pix of my new 'kid' when i get it. thanx for being helpful guys i appreciate it.
Let me be the first to say congrats,.........you will not be disappointed with your TSX.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:08 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
35K! Didn't know they were so much in demand that it would be 6K over MSRP. I am glad I bought my 04 (6speed without Navi) last September for 24K+tax, though it was pre-owned with 3K miles on it.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:39 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wrlsdata
35K! Didn't know they were so much in demand that it would be 6K over MSRP. I am glad I bought my 04 (6speed without Navi) last September for 24K+tax, though it was pre-owned with 3K miles on it.
I realized after posting this that you must not be buying the base version like I did. What is A-spec anyways?
Old 10-15-2005, 03:30 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by wrlsdata
I realized after posting this that you must not be buying the base version like I did. What is A-spec anyways?
the aspec version already has a body kit on it, and it has some other stuff on it too its more for the sporty look than anything. i think it costs that much cuz everything is already installed the regular tsx is around 27-28K i think the a-spec comes with better rims too damn i don't have the info with me right now i'll have to get back to you on what all the a-spec includes.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

the aspec version already has a body kit on it, and it has some other stuff on it too its more for the sporty look than anything. i think it costs that much cuz everything is already installed the regular tsx is around 27-28K i think the a-spec comes with better rims too damn i don't have the info with me right now i'll have to get back to you on what all the a-spec includes.
Aspec includes:
Spoiler
Bodykit
Suspension
Wheels.

They want to charge like $5,000 for it. If you buy the car stock and put these parts on after, you'll save a lot of money.

Spoiler - $175 aftermarket + install
Bodykit $825 plus install
Suspension $650 on Ebay plus install
Wheels $600-$800 for Aspec (wheels only), although I would just get some other aftermarket wheels.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:01 PM
8th Gear

yeah the aspec package over here they are trying to add almost 7k to the price for, so i'm going for the regular tsx and i'll add all that stuff as i go. i qualed for both the 3.9 or the 4.9 apr depending on how soon i wanted the car car paid off. i had to walk away yesterday though they tried to drop the aspec down to 31k to see if i would get "hooked" but i ain't bitin. so yeah i'm goin for the regular one now, but its good cause i can put whatever the hell i want on it.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:08 PM
8th Gear

I got my TSX yesterday! black on black with 100 miles on it (i put about 20 of them on them during the test drive...haha)
Old 10-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Burning Brakes

I got my TSX yesterday! black on black with 100 miles on it (i put about 20 of them on them during the test drive...haha)
Congrat!