Please help me decide the right price for this 07 tsx

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 12:55 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help me decide the right price for this 07 tsx

Hey all,

Hoping to pick up an 07 tsx a-spec 6MT 95k in the Vancouver area. Seems like the owner took pretty good care of it but did get rear-ended pretty good early on in the life of the car, $9k fix. I do want this car but I want to get it for the right, fair price. Had an acura dealership look at it and it will need a new serpentine belt, most of the fluids flushed (power steering, brake), the clutch is a bit stiff, and the scary one to me is that both front compliance bushings need to be replaced (followed by an alignment).

Exterior is in just OK shape, the body has a few dings, and one of the rims has significant curb rash.

It's listed at $14k - before the inspection he said he'd be OK with $13.5k.

What do you guys think I should propose? I think $1k to fix all the issues is conservative? Or...?

Let me know what you guys think, thanks a lot.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:38 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by fingereleven
Hey all,

Hoping to pick up an 07 tsx a-spec 6MT 95k in the Vancouver area. Seems like the owner took pretty good care of it but did get rear-ended pretty good early on in the life of the car, $9k fix. I do want this car but I want to get it for the right, fair price. Had an acura dealership look at it and it will need a new serpentine belt, most of the fluids flushed (power steering, brake), the clutch is a bit stiff, and the scary one to me is that both front compliance bushings need to be replaced (followed by an alignment).

Exterior is in just OK shape, the body has a few dings, and one of the rims has significant curb rash.

It's listed at $14k - before the inspection he said he'd be OK with $13.5k.

What do you guys think I should propose? I think $1k to fix all the issues is conservative? Or...?

Let me know what you guys think, thanks a lot.
You're in the Canadian market, so I'd be careful about any advice about figures you might get from the states. If the 95K is KM's, then the car is low mileage, but it having been the victim of a pretty bad accident not only reduces the value, it also reduces (perhaps significantly) the ability to resell it. Many people (like me) won't consider a car that has been in an accident. I'd guess that that car here (Mass) might sell for.... I have no idea. I wouldn't be interested in it, and since it sounds pretty much like just an average used car (with a few issues) that's been hit, it should be on the low end. Maybe you could find something with a slightly better history.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:49 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Wow, that car seems to be a bad deal. I would advise you to keep looking.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:10 AM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I saw that you posted this another forum as well. I agree with the majority there and with Simba & nj2pa2nc here...searching for another car might be better. The $9K repair bill would scare me -- particularly for the frame straightening aspect you mentioned.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:20 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personally would look for another car. I had been looking for a few weeks, but finally came across a deal I just couldn't pass up. Be patient and don't settle for a project like that, just like a few others said above.

best of luck to you.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:54 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks all.

I offered 11.5, he said no dice, still thinks it's worth 13.5. Sucks b/c I paid for a dealership inspection and carproof but that's how these things go I guess.

Originally Posted by Simba91102
You're in the Canadian market, so I'd be careful about any advice about figures you might get from the states.
Agreed Simba - that's why I think 11.5 is reasonable, it's a good 1.5-2k more than most think the car is worth but I'm willing to pay that as a canadian/pacific northwest tax.

Still looking for an 6MT, hopefully 2006+.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:50 AM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Being patient and looking elsewhere makes sense and my guess is that the same will apply with the offer, too. Nearly everyone here thinks that the car is over-priced due to the accident history...and certainly most potential buyers will feel similarly. If you wait and look elsewhere, you might hear from him again.