Picking up my car checklist

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 02:06 PM
I may be fat but I'm slow

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Picking up my car checklist

So I have another week or two before I really get to worry about this, but I don't want to study for finals, and I'm really excited about getting the car.

What kinds of things should I look for when I pick up my new baby?

Did you get any dealer freebies (Keychain, tire pressure gauge, hat, coffee cup, etc?)

Did the dealer go through how to work everything (especially the Nav) with you?

Any thing that should be included with the car that would be easily overlooked (ie, all Hondas are supposed to come with those plugs for the front license plate bolts) that I should make sure I have?

What should be included with the car (number of key sets, paperwork, manuals, etc)?

Any prep work I should make sure they did to the car (ie, Remove spring spacers on S2000, many dealers forgot/didn't know)?

My car will be fresh off the boat/train/truck, anything I should check to make sure they didn't damage it when it was shipped?

Really glad for this board, helps to pass the time which is crawling by! Thanks for any info.
Old 05-01-2004, 02:52 PM
fhwagads

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check the tire pressure. I hear that they over inflate or under inflate them during transport so they are off when they get to the dealer. You are supposed to get 2 keys and 2 remotes and a grey valet key. The sales guy will should go over absolutely everything about the car as mine took forever in doing. However they probably dont know as much as you do being on this forum. I had to show mine that the TSX had auto roll down windows with the remote and auto closing with turning the key twice when locking the car. I also almost didnt get the cover to the manual release to the shifter which is the small plastic piece in the upper right hand corner of the shifter. I guess you put your key in there to be able to shift into neutral without haveing the car started. Just ask for it they should have it somewhere. I didnt get any freebies like key chains but I got 2 free oil changes, wheel locks and mug guards. However I paid MSRP with nothing off so I Feel I should have gotten more but oh well. Acura of Brookfield is the only dealer around for a few hours so they have a strangle hold on everything Acura. Hope this helps. But then again, what do I know.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:34 PM
I'm allergic to bull

check mileage and VIN if they are the same as stated in your contract

check engine fluids and briefly scan through the engine bay

check all the keys and remotes to see if they all work (I got the second set wrong, end up owning 2 TSX, cool)

check for any scratch

go for a ride WITH the sales guy, play with all the buttoms and make sure your car runs well

I found truck tray and all season floor mat pretty practical. You should get them as freebies, cuz they are expensive and you can't get them elsewhere, unlike coffee cup or key chain

Make sure you are a happy TSX owner
Old 05-01-2004, 09:35 PM
I'm allergic to bull

And study for your finals, plz