Painted Splash Guards Follow-Up

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Painted Splash Guards Follow-Up

This is directed towards those who have painted their splash guards to match their car's color a while back:

Could you tell me how your paint has held up?

And also explain how your splash guards were painted? (i.e. were they prepped before painting by "making the surface less smooth")

Thank you.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
YBLegal was the person I remember with this on his white TSX. He has since sold his TSX and I don't see him on the forums anymore.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by Tsx536
YBLegal was the person I remember with this on his white TSX. He has since sold his TSX and I don't see him on the forums anymore.
he sold his car for a 350z, but you could try reaching him anyways
Old 04-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Why not just try painting yours and tell us how it holds up after a few mos. Afterall, we are talking about some pretty cheap splash guards - parts that won't make or break anyone's bank acct.

Just from basic painting knowledge, it's best to first completely clean the splashguards, then lightly sand the part you want to paint as paint adheres better to surfaces that are not completely smooth. Be sure to use a good quality primer before applying the paint. Definitely remove the splash guards from the car before you paint them.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:32 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Why not just try painting yours and tell us how it holds up after a few mos. Afterall, we are talking about some pretty cheap splash guards - parts that won't make or break anyone's bank acct.

Just from basic painting knowledge, it's best to first completely clean the splashguards, then lightly sand the part you want to paint as paint adheres better to surfaces that are not completely smooth. Be sure to use a good quality primer before applying the paint. Definitely remove the splash guards from the car before you paint them.

Regardless of whether or not this "makes" or "breaks" my bank acct., i'm trying to save myself time from doing this if someone that has actually painted their guards would not recommend doing it. As far as removing the splash guards before i would paint them... um, my IQ just took a hit from even replying to this clown (not to mention a waste of some of my time).
Old 04-09-2005, 08:23 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by raythatiknow
Regardless of whether or not this "makes" or "breaks" my bank acct., i'm trying to save myself time from doing this if someone that has actually painted their guards would not recommend doing it. As far as removing the splash guards before i would paint them... um, my IQ just took a hit from even replying to this clown (not to mention a waste of some of my time).
Obviously those wasting their time are the ones helping you.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by raythatiknow
don't expect too much help from now on w/ that attitude.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Burning Brakes

my car is black, splash guards are black, problem solved!