View Poll Results: Paint pen or paint bottle with brush?
Paint pen
70.00%
Paint Bottle with Brush
30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Paint pen or paint bottle with brush?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May be not good for silver (pen)

I had a silver CRV and now a silver TSX. The color (silver) of the of the pen isn't last very long. It was OK for the for the year. But the silver color is now changed to a deeper silver.

I have to go back to bottle and brush.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I tried the ebay link shown previously but the seller did not have my color. He instead recommended the one below. I haven't bought anything from this site. Does anyone have any experience with it? It seems to go into a lot of detail, asking for the factory code, etc.

http://www.paintscratch.com/cgi-bin/...cgi?AFFIL=1094
Old 03-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm, the touch-up paint I bought at my local Acura dealer about a month ago lets you choose your application method. Remove the cap and you expose the ballpoint-like pen tip, but you can unscrew the top (which includes the pen tip) and projecting from the underside is a conventional touch-up brush, which has been immersed in the paint. It's just like opening a bottle of touch-up paint.
By the way, when I tried the pen, I was really disappointed. If I tapped the tip on a hard surface to "engage" the ball and get the paint flowing, I got a big drop of paint every time. I eventually gave up and resorted to using a very fine artist's brush, dipping it into the paint in the pen/bottle. (I think the built-in brushes that come with touch-up paint are pretty much useless if you're trying for a controlled application in a normal-size chip or scratch.)
If anyone wants to critique my attempt with the pen, feel free.