Paint Job = Con Job? * UPDATE*

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eggbert52
Wooooohooooo. Got the call from the GM today...he said...we don't normally do this but almost everything on the sale of this car was done wrong from the get go. We have the exact same car in our NH location that is the exact same color interior that you had, 207 with no miles with the exception of the miles to drive it to Boston. We would like to give it to you. He also said that he would be doing something special additionally for me...wonder what that is?? Hmmmm. Anyway, looks as though we can be happy about this one and I would say that they are probably going to have a customer for life. Oh and yes...I will definitely get it looked at right after I pull it off the lot and inspect it BEFORE I sign anything. However, I think I'll be ok.
They're kissing your ass cause they f'ed up big time. At least the GM owned up to it...
Old 07-10-2007, 06:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congrats, keep us updated on their special treatment
Old 07-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I like how Acura aims to please...even though they did do the wrong thing in the beginning. I wonder if there will be some firing done after this incident...
Old 07-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Intermediate

That's awesome man, definitely keep us updated on the "special treatment." Shows the good things that can happen when you keep your cool when handling messed up situations.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Advanced

Thanks guys. The GM called me today on my way back from an appointment and his voice was hoarse. He ensured me the other day that no one was going to be fired but you never really do know. Keep in mind, I'm the same guy who had the hornet's nest in my passenger front door slot. He said the car will be ready on Thursday and at this point the guy has been so nice I'm very appreciative. I'd be interested to see if my salesman got fired or not. Perhaps I should call up and see? Anyway, I'll let you guys know the "extras" I receive that he said he was going to give me. Hey...

ANY chance he'll offer me the DAVE pricing?
Old 07-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
So what happened w/ the special "extras"
Old 07-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Wow...congrats on getting another new car.

And really, this is why I never buy a car with more than a couple of miles on it.

My 04 had 7 miles on it when I picked it up from the dealer. My 06 had 2 miles before my test drive. I always insist on having the car be pretty much fresh off the truck or else I refuse to buy that one.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by tsxinva
So what happened w/ the special "extras"
I'm interested in this, too! Unless the "extras" are of the NWS nature. LOL!
Old 07-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by curls
I'm interested in this, too! Unless the "extras" are of the NWS nature. LOL!
Maybe its courtesy van and admission to the local gentlemens club while you wait your oil change.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Advanced

Sorry for no update but I am getting the car tomorrow. I called just now to speak with Pete the GM and he was off today. I wasn't upset but I was like? I'm supposed to get the car tomorrow. Anyway, the girl asked me if I wanted to speak to the manager and I said sure. So, Al picked up the phone and apparently knew who I was and was like...call before you come down...we want to make sure the car is perfect. I don't know what the bonus or special treatment is yet until tomorrow but I promise I will have an update. I can't hold out any longer...I am calling the dealership and using a British accent to see if the sales guy is still employed. I'll let you know.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Advanced

Well I called and asked for the guy who sold me the car and he is still there. I really didn't want to see him fired but wondered what would really happen. What is this DAVIE plan they have or something like that?
Old 07-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Advanced

Ok got the new car yesterday. There was an open parking spot next to where the old TSX was and they put my new TSX in that spot. You can immediately tell differences in the shades of color on my new TSX and the old one. I really feel they painted more than just the bumper. Also, I looked at the passenger side front seat where the yellow jackets made their nest and there is a difference in the rubber padding between both cars. Hmmmm...never had a good feeling about that old car. Anyway, this new one has 61 miles on it and the only reason is they had to drive it from 50 miles away so I feel much better about this car. They made sure all of my settings including radio presets, etc were matched exactly from the old car. Now...he says I'll be getting a little something in the mail for my trouble. Any guesses on what this could be?
Old 07-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Ok got the new car yesterday. There was an open parking spot next to where the old TSX was and they put my new TSX in that spot. You can immediately tell differences in the shades of color on my new TSX and the old one. I really feel they painted more than just the bumper. Also, I looked at the passenger side front seat where the yellow jackets made their nest and there is a difference in the rubber padding between both cars. Hmmmm...never had a good feeling about that old car. Anyway, this new one has 61 miles on it and the only reason is they had to drive it from 50 miles away so I feel much better about this car. They made sure all of my settings including radio presets, etc were matched exactly from the old car. Now...he says I'll be getting a little something in the mail for my trouble. Any guesses on what this could be?
A maintenance coupon?

Good to hear you got the new car. Enjoy it.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Just dial 1911

You know, even though you got what you wanted, dont you find it deeply disturbing they tried to sell you a used car as brand new? What's to prevent this dealership from doing it again to someone else? I would at the very least call up Acura and let them know what transpired.

Also, dont know if you mentioned it, but you should let everyone know what dealership this is so people can avoid it.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Advanced

Good point. It's Acura of Boston, however they got a new sales manager Mike and he won't even look at me now. And, I'm not being overdramatic...he won't even look my way. The sales guy did but you can't entirely blame him even if he knew the history of the car. However, the GM really did step up on this one. If they were to send me a maintenance coupon or a check for $1,000 then it would be hard for me to call the Acura 800 number.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Doesn't Rice His Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Here in the Kansas City area, there was a story in the paper a few years ago about a car salesman that sold a used truck that was made from two cars. The front of the car was one truck and the back end of the truck was from another truck. They welded it together or something like that. The amount awarded after the lawsuit was ~400K+ It may not be an apple to apple comparison, but you get the picture.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Time to Climb

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Wow even the preset radio stations were programed for u! I guess somebody really wants ur lips closed
Old 07-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Wow, great job on getting a new car. This goes to show that even the customer can get the stealership.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Registered Car Nut

Congrats! Glad you got them to correct the situation!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Good to see this resolved. And, I agree with joerockt. I find it disturbing that they even tried this in the first place. I don't know how high in the chain of command they knew about it beforehand and I worry that some other unsuspecting customer may wind up with your "old" TSX. I hope the GM doesn't let that happen and that it is sold with full disclosure.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by jlukja
Good to see this resolved. And, I agree with joerockt. I find it disturbing that they even tried this in the first place. I don't know how high in the chain of command they knew about it beforehand and I worry that some other unsuspecting customer may wind up with your "old" TSX. I hope the GM doesn't let that happen and that it is sold with full disclosure.

That is just wrong if they pull that BS on someone else.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:23 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
They'll probably sell the old one at a high loss or something I'm thinking.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:51 PM
Instructor

Good point. It's Acura of Boston, however they got a new sales manager Mike and he won't even look at me now. And, I'm not being overdramatic...he won't even look my way. The sales guy did but you can't entirely blame him even if he knew the history of the car. However, the GM really did step up on this one. If they were to send me a maintenance coupon or a check for $1,000 then it would be hard for me to call the Acura 800 number.
Please keep us updated on what it is that they send to you in the mail. Also, I must commend you. From what I can tell from your posts, you handled this very calmly. I would have probably gone ballistic after the first glimps of dried up dripping paint.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ajdigerati
Please keep us updated on what it is that they send to you in the mail. Also, I must commend you. From what I can tell from your posts, you handled this very calmly. I would have probably gone ballistic after the first glimps of dried up dripping paint.
Thanks I appreciate that. I was most proud of myself because the first time when I went back and talked to the salesman he said he was going to give me the whole bumper. When I went back to speak to the GM one of my last lines was "oh and by the way...the bumper idea is now off the table. I want a new car." I made sure for once in my life I had all my facts together...it may have even been good enough to win in Judge Judy's court!

Old 07-16-2007, 10:26 PM
Registered Car Nut

Originally Posted by tv4184
They'll probably sell the old one at a high loss or something I'm thinking.
I don't think so... they'll clean up the crappy paint job, and try to pass the car as new to some unsuspecting customer...
Old 08-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Advanced

Okay guys...FINALLY an update. I got a crappy $100 gift certificate to the finest restaurant in town. Oh and of course...got the new car which has been great. I also got this finely written letter from the GM. Pretty pathetic if you ask me...I would have rather had nothing than $100...even a couple of oil changes would have been much better. The letter pretty much said this is out of character for them, blah blah blah, etc.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Sweet!

Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts
Okay guys...FINALLY an update. I got a crappy $100 gift certificate to the finest restaurant in town. Oh and of course...got the new car which has been great. I also got this finely written letter from the GM. Pretty pathetic if you ask me...I would have rather had nothing than $100...even a couple of oil changes would have been much better. The letter pretty much said this is out of character for them, blah blah blah, etc.

Dude, I'm really sorry to hear about all this! After all your troubles, the "special treatment" they gave you sounds rather weak. I'd still inform Acura of this major issue you had with this dealership. Like others have mentioned here, you don't want them pawning this car off on somebody else like they did you!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:25 PM
The Mac

DEFINITELY tell Acura about your situation. There was no reason for it to happen in the first place.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Intermediate

$100 gift certificate? I'm sure they can do better than that after all they've put you through. Lots of car delearships now offer free maintenance with the purchase of a new car. I'd shut for something like that.