Ordered TSX

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 05:08 PM
CeD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered TSX

I just ordered a CG/Ebony TSX without navi.

Now I'm having regrets that the Ebony might be a little dark and bland. What do you guys think?

Is quartz maybe better? I've never seen one.
Old 07-05-2003, 05:11 PM
Preferred Member

After owning a gray interior (not leather though) with my last car, I'm loving my Ebony! I think it makes the interior look classier.
Old 07-05-2003, 05:20 PM
CeD

That's what I was thinking. However, it's not bland is it? I know in the back it is just all black with no contrast at all.

Have you seen the Quartz? How is it compared to Ebony?
Old 07-05-2003, 05:27 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
After seeing both, I initially thought the quartz was too light. However, after thinking about it and looking at it and the ebony for several days, I chose quartz, and I love it. It looks great, and I have not had any trouble keeping it clean.
Old 07-05-2003, 05:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by brerpie
That's what I was thinking. However, it's not bland is it? I know in the back it is just all black with no contrast at all.

Have you seen the Quartz? How is it compared to Ebony?
You made the right choice. I feel the TSX calls for the ebony interior and that it should be standard in the car. Let the people order the Quartz or Parchment as an option if they desire it.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Congratulations! I just ordered the same thing two days ago. CG, Ebony, no nav. I ordered the 6sp MT. Mine is on order.

Regarding interiors, I strongly prefer the darker ones. Over time, I would be concerned about dirt and stains showing up against light color fabrics or leather.

My current car has a dark brown interior and an off-white/beige headliner--not the prettiest combo, but I didn't have much choice. The brown parts of the interior look very nice, but the headliner shows scuffing, oil (I guess from my head hear) and other odd marks that are difficult to clean.

To me, the Ebony interior looks very inviting, very inticing. The leather even makes it look almost--uhhhh---sexy in a way. (I said almost.) I couldn't imagine applying those adjectives to the parchment or light grey interiors, as nice as they may be in their own ways.
Old 07-05-2003, 07:46 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Yeah, I just went by the Acura dealer tonight to see if I could make up my mind about a black or quartz interior. Quartz is very nice and very "cool" looking. But, my heart is with black. I know I'll be happier with it over the long run. I have to agree, there's just something about black leather.
Old 07-05-2003, 07:55 PM
CeD

Vtec,

Sounds good. So you don't feel that the lack of contrast in the Ebony makes it "dull"?
Old 07-05-2003, 08:05 PM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

Not at all. But, that's my own personal opinion. Car models and their colors convey expressions. That's what people see. That's the connection you have with your car when you made your mind up to get it, when you clean it, wax it, etc.

The interior conveys a mood. Some people like lighter colors because they're clean and airy. Me, I like something dark. It's mysterious, sort of like a hideout.

The only thing I suggest is to keep the exterior clean since there is so little contrast. You have to appreciate a nice, shiny, dark car. Otherwise, if you don't bother to wash it, it will look like any other dark, run of the mill car, with dark interior and no contrast. What's the point?

If you take care of a dark color car properly, it will definitely be a standout, no matter what color interior you get.
Old 07-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Preferred Member

Originally posted by VtecMW
The interior conveys a mood. Some people like lighter colors because they're clean and airy. Me, I like something dark. It's mysterious, sort of like a hideout.
Dude, you're sketchy....
Old 07-05-2003, 10:26 PM
Pro

Originally posted by kmlpatel
Dude, you're sketchy....
This is a truly emotional car guy. His wife probably goes to bed at night alone because he's detailing his car.

And you might want to look into the stashing thread too: http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...=&threadid=387
Old 07-05-2003, 10:49 PM
Instructor

I can't wait for my "hideout" to arrive

I like the quartz interior too, but I didn't want a black or silver car.
Old 07-05-2003, 11:07 PM
Burning Brakes

This post is becoming ghey. :ghey:
Old 07-06-2003, 12:47 PM
CeD

Bump. Any other opinions?
Old 07-06-2003, 01:16 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
i own a parchment interiored CL...

and ive seen the TSX in both colors.

GET EBONY!!!

First off... the light colors get disgustingly dirty no matter how well you take care of them.

Second... the TSX simply doesnt look good with the quartz interior.

Looks sick in black.
Old 07-06-2003, 01:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by soopa
i own a parchment interiored CL...

and ive seen the TSX in both colors.

GET EBONY!!!

First off... the light colors get disgustingly dirty no matter how well you take care of them.

Second... the TSX simply doesnt look good with the quartz interior.

Looks sick in black.
Bravo. I've been saying this forever. Make ebony the standard color and the Quartz and Parchment as a special order option. The TSX BLINGS w/ebony.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:53 AM
More On

Originally posted by brerpie
....Any other opinions?
Just that I can't understand that nobody else calls you "pie."

Oh, BTW I agree with soop -- except, did he really mean sick? -- maybe, "slick"?

Then again, with you kids today, I don't know. Whatever sounds bad, is actually good -- like, I saw where Swami said Bowersan's s*** was the bomb, and what he meant was that his shirt designs rocked. Go figure. I really am a fossil!

So, I don't know. Is it good when a color is "sick"?
Old 07-08-2003, 02:18 AM
Drifting

Brep it's totally subjective. Like I told you on the other side, I agonized for a long time over quartz and ebony. I think the ebony looks great. And if I didn't have an ebony interior now, I might have gone with it on the TSX. But my last two cars had a black interior and I'm looking for a change. I think the quartz adds extra style to the TSX, but the only color to get it with is the Carbon Ghey. It offers a simply stunning and delicious contrast. Wait a sec...
Old 07-08-2003, 08:41 AM
Suzuka Master

You can get quartz on a SSM, too. And it's the only option on the MSM. I like contrast in my interiors. The car I drive now ('97 CL) is black on black on black. I feel like I'm in some kinda cave whenever I get in the car. It's not me, but others might like it. I'm sure you'll be happy with your choice.

PS. Larchmont, "sick" is a good thing. It's part of the whole bad-meaning-good thing...
Old 07-08-2003, 09:27 AM
wiz
Pro

I saw the CG in quartz and then saw it in Ebony, and IMHO the Ebony just made the whole car too dark. If the CG was a little bit lighter tone of Grey then it would have looked sweet. I think the TSX interior looks great in Ebony or Quartz, not a fan of the parchment myself though. I have the CG/Quartz and love it...just need the all season floormats as my floormats are suffering right now and are getting dirty from all this rain.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:39 AM
More On

Originally posted by ClutchPerformer
.......PS. Larchmont, "sick" is a good thing. It's part of the whole bad-meaning-good thing...
Thanks clutch -- I needed that.

So, when you feel like puking, are you supposed to say, "I think I'm gonna be healthy"?
Old 07-08-2003, 09:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by larchmont

So, when you feel like puking, are you supposed to say, "I think I'm gonna be healthy"?
Um....I'm not sure it works in reverse. Don't worry, you'll catch on eventually after hanging around us young bucks
Old 07-08-2003, 09:53 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by larchmont

Hehe... that's funny Larchmont. I'm at that age where I still know some of the slang, but definitely starting to lose it. I'm really not sure if its worth it trying to understand the reasoning behind it.

PS: Black interior is the way to go. It's not bland, its clean looking, and the minimalist look is really in right now.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:09 AM
Drifting

Should we educate Larch on the concepts of phat?
Old 07-08-2003, 10:19 AM
Instructor

You've made a good decistion, IMO. I originally wanted CG/Ebony but was only able to locate a CG/Quartz. Let me tell you, the Quartz is what stopped me from buying it. When seeing both interiors next to one another, I HAD to have the Ebony interior. I prefer to have the interior color of choice rather than the exterior color of choice. Why?....because that's where I spend most of my time and that's what I'll notice.

The ebony just looks so much more classy, IMO. It's great!