Which one....TL or TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 08:19 PM
Have camera, will travel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black_6spd
LOL. I went to add my .

Seriously, this whole TL vs. TSX is really beating a dead horse. If you're a driving enthusiast, the TSX really will reveal itself with its near 50/50 balance, high revving motor, and handling. If you can't tell the difference and really wanted a FWD muscle-car you can get an Altima 3.5 and get even more torque steer.
Well said. I really like the current gen TL. That guy just really pisses me off with his Accord/TSX comparisons.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:53 PM
TSXmeister

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah!!....it's finally over I pulled the trigger and close the deal on a 2006 CGP 5spd-AT with Navi. Had a back to back test drive of the TL and TSX yesterday (from another dealership) and again today. The last test drive (on the dealership where I closed the deal) made me choose the TSX over TL....sales rep gave me a demo with 60 miles on the odometer, 5spd-AT with Navi (had the wife and son in tow).....he told me to test drive it and go to Park City (about 25 miles from the dealership) and that involves a lot of uphill driving. Played with the navi and set the direction to Park City....well I had to tell you guys/gals I had a blast driving up to Park City I was doing about 70-90 mph and use the sportshift (a late model VW Jetta tried to catch up with me but left him in the dust)....it was definitely a blast and fun car to drive, very quiet on the road, quick to do a lane change and notice no lag when giving it some gas. So my conclusion......luv the exterior handsome styling of the TSX. It does have adequate power on uphill and mountain driving (a particular concern for me especially if the 4 banger can handle the uphill driving) good visibility all around which I'm not the only one who noticed it.....my wife of course thought of it too she drove the TSX on the way back to the dealership and the nice dash and instrumentation layout and lastly I do like compactness or the right size of the vehicle. Some of the things I noticed on the TL test drive.....the engine somehow I can hear a slight droning sound. Felt that the front/nose was blocking my view of the road (couldn't have a good visibility, really have to raise the driver's seat to have a good view while driving - I'm 5'8" by the way )......I guess I was so used to my old 1990 Honda Accord which had a good (or commanding) view of the road in front of me. Looking at the back from the driver's seat while reversing or checking the car(s) behind me I somehow notice a blindspot IMHO. Awesome stereo on the TL and of course plenty of power. In the end I had to go with my gut feeling (I even lost some sleep on this) it was a very very close decision and I think both cars are great and you can't go wrong with either one of them!
Old 03-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Banned

seems like you already made up your mind like 6 months ago when you came up with that username
Old 03-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
You must be happy it's over. Now don't look back, and just enjoy your new car!
Old 03-25-2006, 10:02 PM
TSXmeister

Originally Posted by huckleberry
seems like you already made up your mind like 6 months ago when you came up with that username

I had TLmeister as my username also on the TL forum....guess I will have to change that
Old 03-25-2006, 10:04 PM
TSXmeister

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
You must be happy it's over. Now don't look back, and just enjoy your new car!

Yes I am really very happy and satisfied with the decision in choosing the TSX!!
Old 03-25-2006, 10:28 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by TSXmeister
Yes I am really very happy and satisfied with the decision in choosing the TSX!!
Congrats on the car
Old 03-25-2006, 11:36 PM
Burning Brakes

If you break a deal my friend got his 2005 TL w/ Nav for the same price as my TSX, he got a REALLY good deal. Right now Acura gave me a PWP TL as a loaner (car in shop for rattle, and steering column replacement), I've tested it extensively and I feel a definite difference in cars. I'll just reiterate what others have been telling you. Mind you both are 5AT

The TL and TSX are both great cars. Basically adhereing to different driving tastes. The TL, first off definetly has the advantage in straight line you will feel massive torque from that SOHC VTEC v6. Braking is not too much better on the TL, both pretty much the same feel. Torque steer is evident in the TL, but manageable (I drive around the 04 for now so the revisement wasn't made yet but if you know how to drive you should be okay with it)

-Handling on the TSX is FAR MORE superior. The TL has way too much "play" on the steering wheel and it gives the car a more dislocated feeling. The TSX on the other hand is Razorsharp (imagine how it is after the comptech RSB and other stuff)

-Transmission. The TSX's transimission is better DEFINITELY. I got sick of the TL auto shifting in SS mode, in addition there is too much lag in between shifts in either cruising or hard acceleration.

-The TSX on the other hand the power is there, but you just gotta rev it (personally I think it's clearly funner and cooler). V6 has a deep growl, the i4 has a nice scream to it.

-TSX has more headroom for rear passengers, but TL has more width. Suspension Calibration on each car is different (TL is a little bit softer, but marginally only)

- Well the 06 TSX and TL , now are pretty much on par with eachother in terms of technology albeit the TPMS on the TL. Sound systems are pref. TL as you know has DVD Audio, great for clarity. The TSX has a higher peak output, but I think in the end levels are near the same. TSX has more "thump." The TL has it, but you have to put it up to really feel it.

-One touch sunroof and placement of its controls is a definite plus (on the roof where it should be!) Also one touch passenger window switch is nice to have too.

-Gas mileage, Please TSX the TL eats it like a obese man at a buffet =X.

-Looks in terms of Exterior and Interior, all subjective.

Overall both are great cars, the TL grew on me because it isn't far different from the TSX, but the main thing that killed me were handling and gas.

EDIT HAHA I DINT FINISH READING HE GOT A TSX ALREADY. Well for future ref.!
Old 03-26-2006, 09:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by calgary2800
Is Torque steer really that much a pain? I actually want torque steer, which means I have a car that doesnt need to be revved to the moon to be moved. I've been lusting after an Altima SE 3.5 for that reason.

To answer the question, I would get the TL cause its really not that much more money.
The TLs don't have torque steer as bad as some folks are making it out to be. They've obviously never driven a car w/real torque steer like my current daily driver.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hawaiiantsx
the tsx interior flows better
Same interior.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by greendestiny
TL = Made in USA

TSX = Made in Japan

would you buy a car that was Made in China?

does that answer your question?
Pure ignorance right here.