Nuts and Bolts ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face Nuts and Bolts ?

I've called up Acura to see if they could help me with my issue, but so far they don't seem to offer any help. I purchased a rear Euro R lip off of this Japanese guy that purchased a EuroR in japan and shipped it here. Now I painted the lip and downloaded the DIY on installing it but I can't find out what nuts and bolts I need to install the lip, I have some but only a few of the original bolts I took of the bumper I removed it from. Like said, I called acura and they say they don't know what size bolts or nuts they use just that I can purchase them for $77.00. I'm not going to pay that much for nuts and bolts. Do any of your guys know how many and what size bolts I need to buy? Any help would be highly appreciated!!
Old 03-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,858 Likes on 2,579 Posts
you need the nuts and bolts that are needed to install the factory rear lip. They are a special type of bolt and not something that you can pick up at like home depot. you are gonna have to do what the rest of us had to do and pay the dealer price and buy the hardware. however i wouldnt pay more than 120 for the hardware for the front and the rear. that is what I paid.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:09 PM
Burning Brakes

$77 for all the rear hardware was the dealers quote. I think I can buy most of the bolts at say home depot, atleast all but the ones that hold the bumper in called the "speed nuts" I think. CCColtsicehockey do you happen to still have the parts listed that were needed to install your rear when you did it?
Old 03-23-2006, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by SimpleWhite
$77 for all the rear hardware was the dealers quote. I think I can buy most of the bolts at say home depot, atleast all but the ones that hold the bumper in called the "speed nuts" I think. CCColtsicehockey do you happen to still have the parts listed that were needed to install your rear when you did it?
no i just went in and asked them for all the hardware needed for the oem kit. also the bolts you cant get causet they have the threaded part then this little wider metal stud and then the hex head. it is not something you can find at home depot man. however do what you want but my suggestion is to just get the oem hardware you know it will work then.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:15 PM
Burning Brakes

true...I was looking at the installation instructions....I think I'm gonna go with the OEM hardwar..Thanks man! Hey you know if new exhaust tips are given with the hardware?
Old 03-23-2006, 06:34 PM

true...I was looking at the installation instructions....I think I'm gonna go with the OEM hardwar..Thanks man! Hey you know if new exhaust tips are given with the hardware?
i do not know if they are. so do you only have the rear peice right now or do you already have the rest of the kit. and also did you say that someone locally imported a real euro r.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
77 bucks for the rear hardware...even though I think its a ripoff that we have to pay that much for something so small, I think thats a pretty good price. My local dealer was going to charge me 90+ bucks, so I just got it online and even still I paid 85.

But I don't think the exhaust tips are included...youre going to have to get those separately. The lowest price that I've found online for those were 71 bucks.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah the guys owns a business where he imports all different type of engines from Japan here, in his warehouse he had a couple hundred different types from all year Type R's to all different model Evo's. He also had a Red RX-7 left hand drive, a 00 Type R hatch, a 90s type R and the Euro R. Only thing was that the Euro R was crashed, so he was looking to part out the car piece by piece or sold as a whole! I wish I had the money for it.....thats how I fell upon the euroR lip...He sold it to me for 70 bucks with the whole back bumper or the car. But back to my dilema, I think I'm just going to go and buy the hardware for it this week or the next.