North Hampton, NH

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 12:53 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
North Hampton, NH

I had a very positive experience at North Hampton Acura in North Hampton, NH. And, they offered me $1,500 more for my trade than the amount for which Sunnyside Acura in Nashua, NH let me walk out the door.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:03 AM
Racer

I had a similar positive experience with North Hampton Acura and Sunnyside. I bought my first Acura at Sunnyside and thought I would give them my business the second time around. But when it came time to negotiate, they didn't couldn't have care less about customer loyalty and they arrogantly stuck to their crappy $400 off MSRP. Now I'm a happy North Hampton customer! The owner and staff were not only fair but very customer satisfaction oriented.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:02 AM
Instructor

That's *exactly* what happened to me! I bought my first Acura at Sunnyside (in 1990) and thought I'd give them the first opportunity to win my business this time, too. But they wouldn't budge. Where to start next time will be a no brainer. North Hampton beat Sunnyside's final-offer-walk-out-the-door net price by $1500.

I'd highly recommend starting with North Hampton (e-mail me at mcourt83@yahoo.com for the name of my salseperson), even if it's a slightly longer drive.

Mike
Old 07-29-2003, 12:49 PM
Advanced

I will take a desenting view. My experience was fine when I test drove the car, but in terms of negotiating their prices, they were not even close to competitive. I gave them every opportunity as they were who I test drove the car at, but they would not move close to other quotes I received.

Furthermore, I thought it funny that when I test drove the TSX stick shift and then asked to test drive the auto, the salesman asked if I was serious... if he did not think me serious after bringing my wife and newborn child along with bringing several baby items to see that we could fit everything in the car, he must of been blind.. although he did see me strap my son in the car seat and place some baby things in the trunk.... I guess he saw the old kid stuff test drive the car ploy before

Glad you guys had better experiences and I hope you at least got a decent price.

B.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:35 PM
Racer

Originally posted by brutus
I will take a desenting view. My experience was fine when I test drove the car, but in terms of negotiating their prices, they were not even close to competitive. I gave them every opportunity as they were who I test drove the car at, but they would not move close to other quotes I received.

Furthermore, I thought it funny that when I test drove the TSX stick shift and then asked to test drive the auto, the salesman asked if I was serious... if he did not think me serious after bringing my wife and newborn child along with bringing several baby items to see that we could fit everything in the car, he must of been blind.. although he did see me strap my son in the car seat and place some baby things in the trunk.... I guess he saw the old kid stuff test drive the car ploy before

Glad you guys had better experiences and I hope you at least got a decent price.

B.

Hope you're enjoying the new car! The experience is even better when it gets broken-in!!

I was all set to drive down to Clair the day I bought my car from North Hampton. I told North Hampton I was going to buy a car that day and I was going to drive down to Clair (with whom I also had a positive experience) if they couldn't beat Clair's deal. After one attempt by the sales person to be "creative" with the pricing I picked up my things and thanked him for his time. He asked me to wait while he talked to his manager and needless to say he came back with a better deal.

Anyway...I'm glad you got your car and I'm even more glad it was with Clair and not Sunnyside!!
Old 07-30-2003, 12:33 AM
Inspired

I'm from Oregon but I grew up in Exeter NH and I visit quite often, so I know the area and I go to North Hampton (got family/friends there too). The Acura dealership there was great (I got my car serviced there before driving down the east coast) and they were really knowledgeable, friendly and willing to deal. (They wanted my TL but I'm not parting with it until I can get a TSX fresh off a lease).

So, If I were to move back to NH (thinking about it quite seriously) and I have worked at Honda dealerships, NH Acura would be on my top lists of employment as well as buying my cars.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:57 AM
Instructor

Lightning *does* strike twice.

When I bought my TSX two months ago, my salesperson at North Hampton Acura was able to put me in the exact car I was looking for in less than a week. A coincidence? Maybe.

This week, a friend of mine decided to buy a TSX. He started at another dealership in the area who was happy to take his deposit, order a car, and make him wait 6-8 weeks or longer. On my recommendation, he talked to my salesperson at North Hampton and, with a little hustling on the saleperson's part, he is planning to take delivery on his new TSX -- the exact one he was looking for -- this Saturday.

So, we both will have waited less than a week.

Obviously, I can't promise -- nor can the dealership! -- that they can find any car in a week, but I can't help but wonder whether some dealerships and/or salespeople are just willing to work harder for your business.

If you'd like me to refer you to my salesperson, especially if you live within a reasonable drive of north Hampton, feel free to e-mail me at mcourt83@yahoo.com. (I know that they'll work harder to win local customers who might use their service and other departments in the future.) Sure, if you mention my name, I might get a referral bonus -- but my primary motivation is to help spread the word about two very positive experiences.

Mike
Old 09-19-2003, 05:28 PM
1st Gear

Sad to say I had a negative experience with North Hampton Acura, my local dealer. I had purchased my '92 Integra there, and fully expected to purchase the TSX there as well. We visited the showroom in late winter and asked to be notified when the TSX arrived. Nada. I called them in early April and subsequently went back to see the first few TSX's on the lot and take a test drive. I didn't expect to get less than MSRP at that time, and was selling my Integra privately, so no trade-in was involved. I loved the TSX-- an easy sell. I was torn between 6MT and auto, but knew for sure that I wanted navi. The salesman told me that no navis has yet been delivered to any dealers in the U.S., so I put down a deposit for a TSX with navi due to arrive in mid-to-late May.

A few days later my husband and I happened to be in Nashua and we stopped by Sunnyside Acura just to see what they had on the lot. Lo and behold, there was a carbon gray TSX auto with navi. The salesman at North Hampton had deliberately lied about the availability of navi. Even if he was just lazy and uninformed, he certainly mislead us. We cancelled the order with North Hampton and purchased the car from Sunnyside. Not that the salesmen there did anything special to earn his commission, but at least he didn't give us mis-information.