Noob Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 08:04 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noob Question

Hey all,

Just stumbled across your website and was wondering if I could ask you guys and gals for some advice. I have a 2002 RSX (not Type S) that I am selling as I am getting a little tired of its looks and have higher than normal mileage (mainly used for highway driving). I had the chance to drive the SS auto TSX and from a performance perspective I did not know too much of a difference. However, interior wise there is no comparison. I like the room, comfort and the overall fit and finish.

I stopped off at my local dealership and have been offered an awesome deal. The rep mentioned that he could give me $500 less than what I wanted to sell the car privately .

It made is very tempting but I mentioned that I would get back to him. It sounded too good to be true.

Anyways, since I commute a lot, would it be wise for me to get the TSX or just hang with the RSX. For those that have driven an RSX and now own a TSX, how much more do you like/dislike the sedan than the coupe. Any input would be valued.

Cheers
Old 07-14-2003, 09:01 PM
More On

Welcome. I'll just fill some space for you until the real experts check in. Haven't driven the RSX, but a lot of the others have, and they've spoken about it a lot (mainly on another site that was basically our predecessor). The consensus is that RSX is a bit more of a performance car (not greatly more, but clearly more), and the TSX is smoother and more luxurious. The RSX seats particularly get a lot of criticism compared to TSX.

So, it seems to me that if you liked the TSX's performance well enough, you'll be more than happy with the car. Depends on where you want to put your emphasis, though.

OK, experts, we're waiting for you!
Old 07-14-2003, 09:03 PM
4th Gear

There's some factors that only you can decide on such as:

1. Is your RSX paid-off and how do you feel about spending the amount of money for a TSX?

2. The TSX gets less MPG than the RSX although their ranges overlap. Will that factor into your commuting costs?

3. The TSX has a better interior -- comfort and noise-wise -- than the RSX so it should serve you better for your commute.

Old 07-15-2003, 12:49 AM
Advanced

I am not the expert here too but I did the test drive of TL, TSX and RSX. I would say that if you want a really really fun car to drive or speed around, RSX would be a better choice. But if you prefer a car which will offer you more comfort, but don't mind to cut off the performance by a little ( mainly on acceleration since TSX is heavier ), you should get TSX. RSX is a more fun car to drive, but I wouldnt get too comfortable with it if I sat on it for too long. TSX is a really comfortable car that I even want to sleep in it. I have my baby for a month++ now and I really love the car soooo much!!
Old 07-23-2003, 08:35 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks for the reply people and sorry for the late response as I've been so busy at work. I have to agree that after driving the RSX for just under two years, the stiff ride is doing on number on my buttocks. For those that do a lot of highway driving, you will know what I mean. Also the car is does not carry the heritage of the integra as it was in a class of its own and there's a lot more better competition.

The car also appears to be depreciating a lot and I do not want to hang on to it for too much longer. I am kind of debating whether I should use the TSX as a highway car or buy something more affordable like an EL to save some money and then upgrade to a TSX later when I do not need to do so much highway driving.

Ugh. I let you guys know soon of my decision.

Cheers.

Old 07-23-2003, 08:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by larchmont
I'll just fill some space for you until the real experts check in.
In another word, you would like to whore it up before anyone else.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:53 PM
Banned

don't forget the sales tax is going to rape you.