No One Likes Cadillacs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006 | 12:31 PM
05 ABP NONAV BONE STOCK

What's so interesting about Caddilacks is that it's GM's "Here's the best we can do". Europeanizing the designs has helped over the years, but still...making apples to apples comparisons to other luxury auto's as far a quality, integrity, craftsmanship...cmon GM you can still do better.... Take the freaking plastic out of the dash for starters.
Old 01-24-2006 | 12:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cusetsx
^^

It is easy to redline an A.T. Bonneville going 85?...excuse me over 85 which could mean way over 85. heh. He took it past the redline that's what made me throw up some flags. He obviously was pushing the engine.
Even I push the engine to limit, it still shouldn't shut and lock down everything. It should just cut off the fuel until the rpm is below the redline.
Old 01-24-2006 | 12:50 PM
05 ABP NONAV BONE STOCK

Originally Posted by ianS
Even I push the engine to limit, it still shouldn't shut and lock down everything. It should just cut off the fuel until the rpm is below the redline.
That depends if there is a documented warning that it will in fact do that. If GM is claiming it's "suppose" to do that, then I would make sure that it mentions something like that in the owners manual. If it doesn't then you may have a valid case to bring up to them.

However, in the case against them you'd have to state (to a court) how fast you were driving and what the RPM gauge was at. Thus, you'd most likely be incriminating yourself as a hazardous driver. You may win the case against GM but you'd also be fined for the way you were driving your car.

It'd be one thing if you were driving along at a legal speed limit and all of the sudden the car turned off and you crashed.

Look, all I'm saying is that I'm not surprised the way GM reacted. If I called them up and told them I was driving off road rally in a chevy cavalier and all of the sudden the entire suspension failed, I couldn't complain to them either.

But anyway .... we're waaaay off topic here.
Again, I'm sorry you were injured.
Old 01-24-2006 | 12:51 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by jimstsx
the TSX the interior isn't a piece of plastic and fake wood.
so you saying the TSX has real wood? i can assure that it doesn't.
Old 01-24-2006 | 12:54 PM
Still Lovin my 06

When you ever almost lost your life due to the stupid design and serious issue from GM, you will never trust their products. I was in a accident because my bonneville shut down itself and cut off all the power after I rev it past the redline when I was driving over 140km/hr. At that moment the steering and brake were locked and I just all the way went into a ditch that beside the highway. When I complain it to GM after I recover from the hospital, they replied me that it is by design and that is my fault that I am driving that fast!
That's pretty crappy but....My family's bonneville has 250,000 miles on it, still running, no problems. so i can't badmouth that car one bit. it's 13 years old and we just sold it. not bad.
Old 01-24-2006 | 01:19 PM
Still Lovin my 06

First of all, my TSX can't get to 60 in under 5 seconds...I never said it could.

And despite what you may think I have driven a CTS-V, a friend of mine has a silver one. I don't eat crack with a spoon and I have read about the car. I know more about that car than you can imagine. Tell me where I said that the TSX was faster than a CTS-V. Show me in my post where I said that.

I said that nothing makes me want ANY CTS. Anyone who knows about cars at all can agree that BMW and Acura BOTH make better vehicles than GM.

I said that the CTS-V is overpriced and it is. It should have come with a 6 and an automatic option also. And it isn't just my opinion on the lack of options or the lack of transmissions, look in any car magazine and you will see that they agree also. I also said that the TSX beat the CTS hands down....and it does in quality, resale and overall value per dollar. My friend who has the CTS-V had his rear-end of the car encounter some type of problem and after 2 weeks in the shop it wasn't fixed right. Maybe it is the car, maybe it is the company that makes the car, or maybe it is the dealer network but there is NOTHING THAT MAKES ME WANT A CTS!!!!!!!!!!!

I will sacrafice performance for build quality any day. Plus, that extra HP won't mean much in 7 years when the car is broken down and not worth a penny. At least with the TSX the interior isn't a piece of plastic and fake wood. Also, the leather doesn't look or wear like a trash bag....but it does in the CTS.

Maybe you can take a better look at the car and a better read of my first post before you go off on me.

I said that the car is poorly optioned and overpriced and that it isn't that impressive....and guess what...??? IT'S NOT IMPRESSIVE.

Good luck with the car, the re-sale value, the quality, the interior materials, the $1500 option for an automatic, the $900 sunroof option and the fact that everyone in the world can lease one for $199 a month.

Finally, good luck with your response to my post. Maybe next time you can read the post and understand what I said and compared before you tell me how I use crack and have never even been in a CTS.

Obviously all the GM ads this past fall worked on one person.....YOU!!!!!

The fact is, while the CTS is not as luxurious as the Acura brand, because of GM's faults with interiors, the car is a really nice performance vehicle. So to say the TSX beats it Hands Down is a strong statement. It is overpriced, and the interior is not impressive, but the performance numbers are. And to say it'll die in 7 years is not accurate either. Again, my family has had extensive experience with GM products, and none have given us problems.
Old 01-24-2006 | 01:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Wll another OT that regarding crappy GM quality and customer services but this one is not life threathen. After 1 week I took deliver my brand new 89 Bonneville, I pulled over a gas station to full up the gas for the first time. But the fuel door won't open! So I dropped by my dealer and they told me they were not able to fix it and the foreman was gone for the day, and they used a screw driver to pop out the fuel door by breaking the lock. Then I was charged $100 for that as a dedectable and then they charged me another $100 deductable to replace the fuel door lock under warranty plus just a shitty touch up on the scratches that they put on by the screw driver. I doubt you will get this kind of service from Honda!
Old 01-24-2006 | 01:33 PM
05 ABP NONAV BONE STOCK

Wow, I've never heard of having to pay a deductable for warranty work.
Old 01-24-2006 | 01:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cusetsx
Wow, I've never heard of having to pay a deductable for warranty work.
GM Canada only offer 1 yr warranty with $100 deductable for every visit back in the 80's
Old 01-24-2006 | 01:42 PM
Senior Moderator

GM Canada only offer 1 yr warranty with $100 deductable for every visit back in the 80's
Wow. Talk about crappy.

My parents had an 88 Bonneville and kept it for over 10 years. A few problems here and there, but nothing real major. I learned to drive in it and my younger sister also used it as her car, too . The paint looked like absolute shit around year 7 or 8, as I recall.
Old 01-24-2006 | 02:04 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Wll another OT that regarding crappy GM quality and customer services but this one is not life threathen. After 1 week I took deliver my brand new 89 Bonneville, I pulled over a gas station to full up the gas for the first time. But the fuel door won't open! So I dropped by my dealer and they told me they were not able to fix it and the foreman was gone for the day, and they used a screw driver to pop out the fuel door by breaking the lock. Then I was charged $100 for that as a dedectable and then they charged me another $100 deductable to replace the fuel door lock under warranty plus just a shitty touch up on the scratches that they put on by the screw driver. I doubt you will get this kind of service from Honda!
I'd call you a sucker for agreeing to all that. but yes, they shouldn't have done it.
Old 01-24-2006 | 08:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bradykp
so you saying the TSX has real wood? i can assure that it doesn't.
Yeah, I agree a bit of a reality check is in order... but just looking at that photo -- yuck! It looks like a mess.

At any rate, I actually visited a Cadillac & Saab dealer, thinking I should at least check it out, especially since they had the special "employee pricing". I told them I wanted something a bit on the sporty side, and they acted like they didn't have anything. I had to ask them questions about some of the cars trying to get some shred of info. about anything, and it was like pulling teeth. Was this a negotiating tactic? It didn't work so well. Or did they lose money when they sold at those prices? Maybe they should have insulted me to be sure that I didn't come back.
Old 01-25-2006 | 12:50 AM
Racer

The fact is, while the CTS is not as luxurious as the Acura brand, because of GM's faults with interiors, the car is a really nice performance vehicle. So to say the TSX beats it Hands Down is a strong statement. It is overpriced, and the interior is not impressive, but the performance numbers are. And to say it'll die in 7 years is not accurate either. Again, my family has had extensive experience with GM products, and none have given us problems.

Just speaking from personal experience. I have had new GM's with problems, and recently had one bought back. Also, like I posted, my friends CTS-V has already had problems and it isn't even a year old. There are exceptions to everything and some CTS cars may be the best vehicles ever built but from my PERSONAL experiences with the CTS and other new GM vehicles, I would not want one.

No problems with the TSX and several problems with my GM and my friends CTS-V is the reason I said that the car beats it Hands Down.

Old 01-25-2006 | 08:41 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Just speaking from personal experience. I have had new GM's with problems, and recently had one bought back. Also, like I posted, my friends CTS-V has already had problems and it isn't even a year old. There are exceptions to everything and some CTS cars may be the best vehicles ever built but from my PERSONAL experiences with the CTS and other new GM vehicles, I would not want one.

No problems with the TSX and several problems with my GM and my friends CTS-V is the reason I said that the car beats it Hands Down.

I understand that you got a lemon and that your experiences are bad. i don't know what your friends problems were with the CTS-V. I also don't remember which car it was that you said GM bought back.

But i do know the following:

1986 Chevrolet Celebrtiy Wagon: Sold with over 180,000 miles on it in 1993.
1993 Pontiac Bonneville: Sold with 250,000 miles on it in 2003 (the car is still running with it's current owner)
1998 Chevrolet Malibu: Still own, has 195,000 miles on it
1997 Chevrolet Blazer: Still own has 175,000 miles on it, recently started having some problems with 4WD.

Prior to these cars my dad had a Chevy Corsica that went for a long time, but i was too young to remember the specifics.
My mom had an old 77 malibu that she kept until 1981.

Point is: GM does not make bad products, but they do have a higher number of lemons than the Japanese brands.
Old 01-25-2006 | 11:07 AM
Overlord

First of all, my TSX can't get to 60 in under 5 seconds...I never said it could.
No, you said the TSX beats it "hands down." I'd say a few hands are still up.

I said that the CTS-V is overpriced and it is. It should have come with a 6 and an automatic option also. And it isn't just my opinion on the lack of options or the lack of transmissions, look in any car magazine and you will see that they agree also.
A "CTS-V should have come with a 6 and an automatic option"? They have that. It's called a CTS. That is truly a bizarre statement. It's like saying a Corvette Z06 should have the option of a V-6 and an auto. Or saying that BMW should offer the 1.8L engine in the M5. Get a grip.

At least with the TSX the interior isn't a piece of plastic and fake wood. Also, the leather doesn't look or wear like a trash bag....but it does in the CTS.
<sarcasm>You're absolutely right. My TSX doesn't have a BIT of plastic or fake wood in it. My TSX's dash is made from a solid piece of carved ivory, with real Phillipine mahogany insets and titanium buttons studded with emeralds and rubies. My floormats are hand woven out of the finest Persian wool. </sarcasm>

And let's get real, the TSX leather isn't exactly the highest grade stuff out there.

I love my TSX. But I'm not nearly as confused about what it is as you seem to be.
Old 01-25-2006 | 11:27 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by Beoshingus

A "CTS-V should have come with a 6 and an automatic option"? They have that. It's called a CTS. That is truly a bizarre statement. It's like saying a Corvette Z06 should have the option of a V-6 and an auto. Or saying that BMW should offer the 1.8L engine in the M5. Get a grip.

<sarcasm>You're absolutely right. My TSX doesn't have a BIT of plastic or fake wood in it. My TSX's dash is made from a solid piece of carved ivory, with real Phillipine mahogany insets and titanium buttons studded with emeralds and rubies. My floormats are hand woven out of the finest Persian wool. </sarcasm>

And let's get real, the TSX leather isn't exactly the highest grade stuff out there.

I love my TSX. But I'm not nearly as confused about what it is as you seem to be.

the TSX interior is great, but he's giving it way more credit than it deserves. i'm gonna test drive a CTS for fun maybe this weekend. i love the tsx, but i'm not blinded by my love.
Old 01-25-2006 | 03:04 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Beoshingus

Again, in my OPINION....I think that the TSX is the better car. That is why I decided to buy it. I'm not at all confused as to what it is or isn't. And again, you MIS-READ what I typed. The CTS-V should come with a 6...meaning 6-speed...and an automatic. This is also opinion that is backed up somewhat by car magazines. Having only one transmission option narrows your market quite a bit.

Now, for some more opinion, the leather in the TSX is certainly wearing better than the leather I have PERSONALLY owned in GM's and from what I saw, the leather in the CTS isn't any better than the TSX, perhaps even a bit worse. However, that is still just my OPINION!!

And finally, the most pressing part of all...I STILL think that the TSX beats it HANDS DOWN.....but that is just my OPINION. I'm not saying you have to agree with me. That is why this is still just my .
Old 01-25-2006 | 03:08 PM
Racer

I understand that you got a lemon and that your experiences are bad. i don't know what your friends problems were with the CTS-V.

---

Point is: GM does not make bad products, but they do have a higher number of lemons than the Japanese brands.

Finally, someone that understands what I said. I agree 100% that GM doesn't make only bad products, but they DO have a higher number of lemons than the Japanese brands.

He has some problem with the rearend of the car. I guess that the it is something where the rear tire hooks up with the axel. I'm certainly no mechanic but that is the summary of the problem.
Old 02-06-2006 | 12:33 PM
Intermediate

I thought the new Escalade featured at the end of the Superbowl was really nice. The commercials didn't really show much of the interior, but the exterior was excellent. The rapper's are gonna have a field day with this one

My favorite part is when they gave away a free Escalde to Hines Ward. Not only did he just win the Superbowl, get selected as MVP (every guy's dream), and get a 6 (maybe 7) figure bonus for winning, he also gets to look forward to a multi-month vacation; and hey, why not give him a next-gen luxury SUV to add to the collection. Those guys have it so good.
Old 02-06-2006 | 02:27 PM
Canuck

I think alot of people who hate or is biased against american cars are exactly that because they have owned one at one point.

My family had multi american cars until they smartened up and started to buy imports.

I remember my old Oldmosbile Delta 88. A super advancement in technology with a digital cluster and the every so technologically advance 3.5 V6 that generated 150 hp.

I brought it in to the dealership for a service. Drove the car off the lot and it was driving funny and made weird sounds. Brought it back, foreman opens up the hood. I see the rubber piece that connects from the air box to the throttle had come off. I said, hey, could that be the problem and the foreman said, no..i'll put it back on but it shouldn't make a difference.

My mom's old Parisenne (sp), that had mulitple problems as well. If I remember correctly, it was in the shop more then we had to driven it.

My friend back in highschool, his dad bought a Sedan Deville. 5-6 years later the trade in value the dealer wanted for it was $5000.

I personally do not like and GM, Ford or Chysler products. I've driven them all (when I use to work in a shop) and have seen many come in with problems. The domestics (honda, toyota) came in for oil changes.
Old 02-06-2006 | 11:45 PM
Por Favor?

In that price range I'd like to say TL would be my choice, but honesly a little played out, at least where I live. I'd probably go bandwagon and say IS 250 if I had to choose a 4 door one step up from the TSX. The CTS wouldnt even be a consideration.
Old 02-07-2006 | 08:18 AM
Instructor

CTS is still a nice car. I think there are give and takes to each one.

CTS - RWD, 50/50 weight ratio, torquey V6 (3.6L)
TSX - Price, reliability, interior, similar features that are done a little better

I think they both have good looks, handle well, and are fun to drive. I try to have an open mind to domestics; I think they deserve a look even if the imports edge them out. I've seen domestics go 200k+ miles and imports have major reliability problems at 100k miles.

I'm happy with my TSX and for the price feel it's the best value. I still do not turn down the chance to drive my friend's CTS though.
Old 02-07-2006 | 10:12 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by narci
I think alot of people who hate or is biased against american cars are exactly that because they have owned one at one point.

My family had multi american cars until they smartened up and started to buy imports.

I remember my old Oldmosbile Delta 88. A super advancement in technology with a digital cluster and the every so technologically advance 3.5 V6 that generated 150 hp.

I brought it in to the dealership for a service. Drove the car off the lot and it was driving funny and made weird sounds. Brought it back, foreman opens up the hood. I see the rubber piece that connects from the air box to the throttle had come off. I said, hey, could that be the problem and the foreman said, no..i'll put it back on but it shouldn't make a difference.

My mom's old Parisenne (sp), that had mulitple problems as well. If I remember correctly, it was in the shop more then we had to driven it.

My friend back in highschool, his dad bought a Sedan Deville. 5-6 years later the trade in value the dealer wanted for it was $5000.

I personally do not like and GM, Ford or Chysler products. I've driven them all (when I use to work in a shop) and have seen many come in with problems. The domestics (honda, toyota) came in for oil changes.
this is such a crock because i can give you unreliable foreign brands that cost extreme amounts of money to fix. i wouldn't want an old saab. i wouldn't want an old bmw. nor a mercedes from the 90s. the japanese are pretty good, but the old nissans used to rust right through the body pretty quickly.

6 year old car? how much value to do you think it will hold? if he drove 15,000 miles a year, which would be good, that's 90,000 miles on it.

my family has had multiple GM products that went well over 200,000 miles with zero problems. we just sold our 98 malibu with 198,000 miles on it
and we're getting rid of our 97 blazer with 165,000 miles on it (or something close to this).

our cars were in the shops for routine maintanence. and we live in a harsh area to own a car, with extremely cold winters, and very hot summers. lots of snow, tons of potholes and crappy windy roads. our cars take a beating, as we drive about 20,000-30,000 miles per year on most of our vehicles. i can give plenty of instances of good GM products. Ford, i wouldn't personally back, but the F150 is a great pickup, and the mustang is a great muscle car. Chrysler i don't have a lot of experience with, but we did have a Jeep Cherokee for 150,000 miles, my girlfriend's parents have a grand cherokee with around 200,000 miles, and my friend just got rid of his grand with about 200,000 miles on it.

american cars are not as bad as people think, it's just the current perception, and the american companies aren't doing much to break it with their silly sales incentives that kill the resale values of the cars.
Old 02-07-2006 | 10:37 PM
Just dial 1911

this is such a crock because i can give you unreliable foreign brands that cost extreme amounts of money to fix. i wouldn't want an old saab. i wouldn't want an old bmw. nor a mercedes from the 90s. the japanese are pretty good, but the old nissans used to rust right through the body pretty quickly.

6 year old car? how much value to do you think it will hold? if he drove 15,000 miles a year, which would be good, that's 90,000 miles on it.

my family has had multiple GM products that went well over 200,000 miles with zero problems. we just sold our 98 malibu with 198,000 miles on it
and we're getting rid of our 97 blazer with 165,000 miles on it (or something close to this).

our cars were in the shops for routine maintanence. and we live in a harsh area to own a car, with extremely cold winters, and very hot summers. lots of snow, tons of potholes and crappy windy roads. our cars take a beating, as we drive about 20,000-30,000 miles per year on most of our vehicles. i can give plenty of instances of good GM products. Ford, i wouldn't personally back, but the F150 is a great pickup, and the mustang is a great muscle car. Chrysler i don't have a lot of experience with, but we did have a Jeep Cherokee for 150,000 miles, my girlfriend's parents have a grand cherokee with around 200,000 miles, and my friend just got rid of his grand with about 200,000 miles on it.

american cars are not as bad as people think, it's just the current perception, and the american companies aren't doing much to break it with their silly sales incentives that kill the resale values of the cars.
I dont think its a crock at all. Just take a look at some of the recalls on American cars. Fords catching on fire, tire separations (maybe not Fords fault, but still a hit to perception), Saturn VUE's rear ends snapping in two, etc.

Now, I'm not saying imports dont have their share of recalls, because they do. But it seems to me that many of the American car recalls are very high profile and seem to get a lot of press because of the severity. And I really think it contributes to the perception that American cars are of poor quality, which overshadows the fact that they still do pretty well in customer satisfaction surveys.
Old 02-08-2006 | 09:50 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by joerockt
I dont think its a crock at all. Just take a look at some of the recalls on American cars. Fords catching on fire, tire separations (maybe not Fords fault, but still a hit to perception), Saturn VUE's rear ends snapping in two, etc.

Now, I'm not saying imports dont have their share of recalls, because they do. But it seems to me that many of the American car recalls are very high profile and seem to get a lot of press because of the severity. And I really think it contributes to the perception that American cars are of poor quality, which overshadows the fact that they still do pretty well in customer satisfaction surveys.

funny...because i did say:

Ford was a victim of a very, very unfortunate event that tarnished their brand greatly. something similar happened to Tylenol, but they're fine. Pinto's catching on fire is ancient.....didnt the same thing happen with the Porsche Cayenne (VW Group)?

Realistically, there hasn't been many horrible things that have gone wrong with american cars. They are minor recalls on many vehicles. Didn't Honda have a huge recall on about 20,000 Civics this year? I think it had something to do with the accelerator pedal or the break.

There is a very unfair perception of many american cars, and many people don't even give them a chance. My family has owned Americans, Japanese, and Germans. The 1991 Nissan Sentra I had was a good engine, but the car was crap. The seats felt like they had their own shocks because they shook so much, the body started to rust. The front end of it crumbled when i slid on ice into a guardrail. Do I hate Nissan? No, because the car held up pretty well overall.

We've had plenty of American cars that are fantastic. If you prefer the luxury of a lexus over a cadillac, that's fine and perfectly justifiable. But for people to continuously bash American cars is just unfair.

Ford's tire incident could have happened to anyone, and honestly, I forgot about it until you mentioned it. Ford's biggest concern should be their historical problems with their transmissions.

The American car companies need to do something about their public image if they want to survive. I do not deny that at all.
Old 02-08-2006 | 10:19 AM
Canuck

I never mentioned a european car in my post. I know european cars are expensive and a piece of crap to maintain, My brother has a 535i and I had a C36 AMG.

As my post goes, it's based on EXP and not what other people have told me. You had your good exp and I had my bad ones.
Old 02-08-2006 | 10:40 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by narci

The domestics (honda, toyota) came in for oil changes.
i guess i don't know what an "import" is. do you live in japan, and that's why you mention domestics as being hodna and toyota? i'm very confused as to the two above statements.

sounds to me like you live in america, and used to buy american cars. had some bad experience so now you buy imports. imports, by definition, would be any foreign cars, so european would be included in that.

then you refer to honda and toyota as domestics. unless you mean the ones that are assembled in america, i don't know what you mean by this at all.
Old 02-08-2006 | 10:43 AM
Just dial 1911

Ford was a victim of a very, very unfortunate event that tarnished their brand greatly. something similar happened to Tylenol, but they're fine. Pinto's catching on fire is ancient.....didnt the same thing happen with the Porsche Cayenne (VW Group)?
Pintos didnt just catch on fire, they

There are many recent recalls (last 10 years or so) of Fords catching on fire. The one I can remember off the top of my head was the F-150. A fuel leak in the engine compartment would catch fire. Made national news...

Old 02-08-2006 | 11:37 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by joerockt
Pintos didnt just catch on fire, they

There are many recent recalls (last 10 years or so) of Fords catching on fire. The one I can remember off the top of my head was the F-150. A fuel leak in the engine compartment would catch fire. Made national news...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/16/for...faq/index.html

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com...e_control.html

so yes. you are correct.

but then again, ford has a lot of problems they should be working on.
Old 02-08-2006 | 12:13 PM
Race Director

Just give me a CTS-V and we're good to go.

It's a better and more practical car with the same engine I think as a regular Corvette.

Overall though, the best time of Cadillac was in the 60s and 70s, you know the Cadillacs with the big fin tails.
Old 02-08-2006 | 07:03 PM
Canuck

i guess i don't know what an "import" is. do you live in japan, and that's why you mention domestics as being hodna and toyota? i'm very confused as to the two above statements.

sounds to me like you live in america, and used to buy american cars. had some bad experience so now you buy imports. imports, by definition, would be any foreign cars, so european would be included in that.

then you refer to honda and toyota as domestics. unless you mean the ones that are assembled in america, i don't know what you mean by this at all.
It's always too early for me hahaha.

I guess what my brain thinks and what I type is two different things :P

Your right, Imports are technically all foriegn car, I guess i'm use to calling Imports asian cars and european cars ..well..european and then american cars as domestics. I apologize for that.

When I typed domestics (Honda/Toyota), i meant Imports so replace domestics with imports. I'm sorry for that typo.

So what other beefs do you have against my personal experiences?

P.S. It says Toronto underneath my name.
Old 02-10-2006 | 09:00 AM
Racer

i think the newer cadilacs are pretty nice. i'm not saying i would drive a blinged up escalade... but the new cts and sts are nice, well the cts 3.6 at least.

you might actually be able to get the cts 2.8 L v6 version for tsx money, but that is just not powerful enough given the weight .
Old 02-10-2006 | 09:44 AM
Ak Ting Up

The pricing is where the TSX has the CTS beat. The base CTS 2.6L is 29,000. With the 2.6L engine and Navigation package, (which gets you the 6-disk in dash and upgraded sound system) the CTS costs $35,485.

The base TSX with Navigation is 29,900, which includes 6-disk in dash. Pricing it out with a full body kit, rear spoiler, leather steering wheel, and polished wheels brings you to $33,895.

HID lights is a part of a performance package on the CTS, standard on the TSX.

I may be forced to by an american car in the future (forced by the government trying to keep the american car makers in business) and I would choose the CTS. Id try to get a CTS-V (probably used to get a price under $50,000). Otherwise, my next car will be another TL based on the 'bang for the buck'. If there was a decathalon for cars, the TL would be Bruce Jenner. If i couldn't afford a TL, I would have bought a TSX and modded the engine.

Great Thread
Old 02-10-2006 | 11:09 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by AcuraVic
The pricing is where the TSX has the CTS beat. The base CTS 2.6L is 29,000. With the 2.6L engine and Navigation package, (which gets you the 6-disk in dash and upgraded sound system) the CTS costs $35,485.

The base TSX with Navigation is 29,900, which includes 6-disk in dash. Pricing it out with a full body kit, rear spoiler, leather steering wheel, and polished wheels brings you to $33,895.

HID lights is a part of a performance package on the CTS, standard on the TSX.

I may be forced to by an american car in the future (forced by the government trying to keep the american car makers in business) and I would choose the CTS. Id try to get a CTS-V (probably used to get a price under $50,000). Otherwise, my next car will be another TL based on the 'bang for the buck'. If there was a decathalon for cars, the TL would be Bruce Jenner. If i couldn't afford a TL, I would have bought a TSX and modded the engine.

Great Thread

agreed. Acura's in general offer so much for the price. But that will probably change eventually as it evolves to it's own platform seperate from Honda and becomes a "real" luxury brand of the Honda company. but i love my TSX right now and really would have a hard time justifying any other car that's even remotely comparable in class.