No Juice....WTF ??!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 08:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Juice....WTF ??!!

12-V sockets, I got no juice in either of them, what gives ???

Tried plugging in a portable DVD - no go
then this map-light thingy - nada !

Tried with ignition in II and also with engine on.

Is there a switch somewhere or in the fuse box that I need to
flip on ???

Thanks
Old 07-21-2004, 08:46 PM
Computer Nerd

check the fuse. :P
Old 07-21-2004, 08:55 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 07-21-2004, 09:33 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
This reminds me of a problem I had with my Golf and is completely representitive of my experience with anything VW. Sorry but I'm about to go off on a complete tangent for a minute or two....

I had a flat tire one day so I had to put the spare on. Well my spare was a little low on air but I always keep a portable air compressor that is powered by the 12v socket. I start pumping and within 5 or 6 seconds it stops. Of course I check all the connections and everything was fine so I check the fuse panel. I find the fuse and replace it but still nothing.

I tried my cell charger in the socket and nothing so I knew the socket was dead. I drive to a gas station and fill up my tire. When I get home I decide to do a more thorough investigation. After 4 hours of screwing around with it I decide that the cable is bad and I was going to completely rewire the socket. I cut the lead coming out of the fuse panel and pull out the socket with wires attached.

When I was mid way through pulling out the socket I noticed that there was a second fuse on the same line!!!!! Who the hell designs a system with dual inline fuses???? To make matters even more interesting the fuse is completely unreplaceable without either completely disassembling the dash or removing the whole socket assembly and rewiring it.

That was the defining moment when I said I would never own another VW product.

Back to your problem...

I would just check the fuse as the others suggest. Don't worry there aren't two on the TSX.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:36 PM
Micah476

Dan, I remember seeing a show on the History channel about WW2 artillery pieces. The German gun in question, I believe it was the 88mm, had over 40 moving parts. The US howitzer? 8 moving parts and did the same thing...maybe the same guy designed your dual fuse line! HAHA, German engineering indeed.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:40 PM
Computer Nerd

Originally Posted by Micah476
HAHA, German engineering indeed.
Plus, remember the problems with the old 1.8t....the idiots forgot to insulate the coilpacks from WATER. Retards.