New TSX

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 07:51 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New TSX

Hi I'm new to the forum, I just recently sold my rsx type s and ordered a ssm with navi. It was tough to part with the rsx, but I'am sure the tsx will be equally fun to drive. A friend of mine took delivery of his tsx, and I was sold the first time I drove the car. My car will be here 7/28 and I can hardly wait to get behind the wheel.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:45 PM
'12 TL (prev '04 TSX 6MT)

Congrats!
Old 07-21-2003, 10:15 PM
More On

Welcome -- I doubt you'll be disappointed. It will be equally fun, and lot more comfortable, and you'll feel a little bit pampered.

And still sexy as hell.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:57 PM
Racer

so you got the vin number right? just asking b/c if you didn't, they might be pulling your leg saying it'll be there by the 28th. if you don't have the vin number... don't get your hopes up too much.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:25 PM
Intermediate

Unfortunately, you shouldn't count on your TSX getting to your dealer on the promised date. I put a deposit down on a TSX at my local dealer on a SSM auto w/o navi. Was told 7-10 days. After 10 days, didn't hear anything, called salesman. He told me the car had just been shipped the day before (7/5). I asked if he meant from Japan or from the US port. Said he didn't know, but he called me back later that day to say from the US port. Was given a delivery date of 7/14. On 7/14, salesman called to say that the hurricane that hit Texas had delayed the shipment, would be 3 more days. Well, of course, it wasn't here after 3 more days, so I've asked for and received my deposit back.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:38 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by no-tsx-for-me
Unfortunately, you shouldn't count on your TSX getting to your dealer on the promised date. I put a deposit down on a TSX at my local dealer on a SSM auto w/o navi. Was told 7-10 days. After 10 days, didn't hear anything, called salesman. He told me the car had just been shipped the day before (7/5). I asked if he meant from Japan or from the US port. Said he didn't know, but he called me back later that day to say from the US port. Was given a delivery date of 7/14. On 7/14, salesman called to say that the hurricane that hit Texas had delayed the shipment, would be 3 more days. Well, of course, it wasn't here after 3 more days, so I've asked for and received my deposit back.
So no tsx for you eh? What's your back up car?
Old 07-21-2003, 11:49 PM
Banned

Ah, the impatience of youth. I had to wait four months -- four months!! -- between deposit and delivery. Paid MSRP to boot. I think you are cutting off your nose to spite your face. Who is the loser here? Your salesman will sell your car to someone else, who will enjoy a wonderful ride. While you sit on the sidelines and wish for a different outcome.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:52 PM
Intermediate

I'm not sure what my back up will be. I have owned a couple of Honda Accords in the past and they are great cars. I drove an Accord EX with leather and navi a few days ago. Not quite as nice as the TSX in handling, but really quite competent. In options, it has everything the TSX has except the 4 cylinder EX has 160 horses instead of 200 (of course, can get the V6 wiht 240 horses) and the Accord doesn't have the Homelink. I have that now and it is nice, but not essential.

I've driven an Infiniti G35, didn't like it. Drove an Audi A4 Quattro, drove great, but am concerned about reliability.

So, for the immediate future, I'll keep driving my 2000 Lincoln LS-V8, but will keep looking.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:59 PM
Drifting

I'm not sure what my back up will be. I have owned a couple of Honda Accords in the past and they are great cars. I drove an Accord EX with leather and navi a few days ago. Not quite as nice as the TSX in handling, but really quite competent. In options, it has everything the TSX has except the 4 cylinder EX has 160 horses instead of 200 (of course, can get the V6 wiht 240 horses) and the Accord doesn't have the Homelink. I have that now and it is nice, but not essential.

I've driven an Infiniti G35, didn't like it. Drove an Audi A4 Quattro, drove great, but am concerned about reliability.

So, for the immediate future, I'll keep driving my 2000 Lincoln LS-V8, but will keep looking.
That's pretty interesting but I'm surprised to see you say it. If you have come this far that means you actually "get it," and understand what the TSX stands for. If you like the TSX why not wait for it? Depending on your area why don't you hit up another dealer? What color/configuration are you looking for? Iceman is right, don't let them get the better of you. The TSX is superior to any Accord IMHO. The Accord is a great car but why settle?
Old 07-22-2003, 12:02 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by Iceman
Ah, the impatience of youth. I had to wait four months -- four months!! -- between deposit and delivery. Paid MSRP to boot. I think you are cutting off your nose to spite your face. Who is the loser here? Your salesman will sell your car to someone else, who will enjoy a wonderful ride. While you sit on the sidelines and wish for a different outcome.
I don't mind the waiting nearly as much as I mind them not telling me the truth. If he had said that it would take a month to get one at the beginning, that would be one thing. But, I was lied to. I made the deal on 6/25, was told it would be there 7-10 days, when in fact, it wouldn't even arrive in the US for 7-10 days. If he had said, I'm not sure when it will be here, that would have been one thing, but that isn't what happened. I was promised at 3 different delivery dates, none of which were right.

So, maybe I am "cutting off my nose to spite my face", but he can sell it to someone else. Honesty and integrity mean something to me. I was lied to; given 3 different delivery dates, not given a straightforward story. I don't "wish for a different outcome", I am actually perfectly happy because I had decided in the interim that the deal was bad (paying MSRP and not getting a decent deal on the tradein). So, he can certainly sell it to someone else. And if the dealer is telling the truth, they have people lined up to buy it. So, let him sell it to someone else. They can wait an undetermined length of time for it!!
Old 07-22-2003, 12:29 AM
More On

Hey, Mr. No, don't you get it? WE WANT YOU, WE LIKE YOU!

We agree with everything you say. A lot of us have been there ourselves.

I'll tell you what, make you a deal: Get any car you want, just keep talking to us on here!
Old 07-22-2003, 12:52 AM
Banned

I don't mind the waiting nearly as much as I mind them not telling me the truth. If he had said that it would take a month to get one at the beginning, that would be one thing. But, I was lied to. I made the deal on 6/25, was told it would be there 7-10 days, when in fact, it wouldn't even arrive in the US for 7-10 days. If he had said, I'm not sure when it will be here, that would have been one thing, but that isn't what happened. I was promised at 3 different delivery dates, none of which were right.

So, maybe I am "cutting off my nose to spite my face", but he can sell it to someone else. Honesty and integrity mean something to me. I was lied to; given 3 different delivery dates, not given a straightforward story. I don't "wish for a different outcome", I am actually perfectly happy because I had decided in the interim that the deal was bad (paying MSRP and not getting a decent deal on the tradein). So, he can certainly sell it to someone else. And if the dealer is telling the truth, they have people lined up to buy it. So, let him sell it to someone else. They can wait an undetermined length of time for it!!
Yeah, I know, the waiting is the pits. Sorry you had such a bad experience with your dealer. The problem with Acura artificially limiting the supply is, some dealers think they're doing you a favor by selling you a car. If there are other Acura dealers in your area, I recommend you give them a chance. If they all treat you the same way, THEN fuhgeddaboudit. I think it is much easier to get a good deal if you are willing to walk, which you obviously are.

The reason I'm suggesting you give this another try is, the TSX really is an exceptional car. Don't let the bastards grind you down!
Old 07-22-2003, 07:04 AM
10th Gear

No I made sure they gave me a vin number for my car. Even if I have to wait its ok, I have another car to drive.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:21 AM
wiz
Pro

Did it occur to you to maybe ask them about a dealer trade. The car you wanted might have been sitting at another dealer's lot for a couple of weeks and you might have even got it at under MSRP. You never know. I agree that if you wanted the car bad enough to put a down payment on it, you seem to be giving up way too easily, lied to or not. If a dealer lies to you, then you go to another dealer, you don't write the car off altogether. However, to each their own. Good luck in your hunt.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:48 AM
Instructor

Re: New TSX

Originally posted by Ra003e
......I just recently sold my rsx type s and ordered a ssm with navi. It was tough to part with the rsx.....
I am surprised at the number of RSX and TL owners that are trading in for TSXs. It is the newest factor of the TSX or is the TSX a superior car compared to the RSX and TL?
Old 07-22-2003, 04:01 PM
10th Gear

TSX v.s RSX type s

I'm getting my tsx due to the need for four doors. My rsx was a blast to drive and was fairly comfortable for my daily commute. Both the tsx and the rsx have their advantages and are both great rides, I just need something bigger, and I'am sure I will not be disapointed with the tsx.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:38 PM
Instructor

I have to agree with everyone here......
First let me start off by saying that when I got my Civic... I was lied to by the dealer/salesman as well. It was in regards to something that he said and then claimed he didn't say it. I got up and walked away and said the deal is off! Outside I was talked into getting the car by the people that were with me. I regretted it for the entire time I had the car.
Also I might add that when I walked into my Acura dealer, I dealt with the manager not a salesman and he had a printout with EVERY car that this dealer was getting in TSX's or otherwise...VINS.. colors...estimated arrival dates..... EVERYTHING!!!
So it does sound like you were lied to.
However I would also say to you that patience is key and that maybe YOU and YOU alone (not trying to disrespect anyone here) should think about what you're doing.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:10 PM
Intermediate

I didn't intend to get this thread off the subject. Congratulations on your purchase of the TSX; I do hope that yours comes in as planned. I did just want to tell you about my bad experience and warn you to be careful with your salesman/dealer.

You will have a wonderful car. If I could buy one off the lot (not waiting weeks or months for it to arrive), I'd probably buy one today. I called all the dealers within 5 hours of my home today and none of them have anything except red ones and one dealership in Tulsa which also had a blue one (I like the blue, but don't want the black interior).

But, I'm not going to pay MSRP, wait for some length of time for it to arrive because the dealer doesn't have one, and then be disappointed repeatedly when it doesn't arrive when I'm told it will. I won't go down that road again!!

So, again, congratulations and good luck on getting your car.