New Jersey Acura Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 08:38 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Jersey Acura Dealers

Can someone please explain what is up with Acura dealers? I have tried contacting three so far - with very shaky results. One did not return my email. A second tried to rip me off with financing -- the wouldnt give me the price of car but rather told me what my payments would be : Approx $28.5K for a non-navi model based on the term and rate. I called him out and said he would sell it for $26K. And last but not least the internet manager of the third told me that the TSX is a "limited production" vehicle and that there are only 12K of them out there. Never mind the fact Honda just relased sales numbers showing over 18,000. If anyone can recommend a dealer I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Automobile Aficionado

Ryans`s Open Road in brunswick on 18. Ask for Brian Conway and tell him Kevin from these boards sent you. He`ll hook you up.

edit: where on the shore are you from
Old 03-13-2004, 01:22 PM
Advanced

NJTsx - I am from Middletown...Thanks for the response. I was talking to the internet manager from Ryan's but he said they dont negotiate online...I will contact your guy shortly. I am debating on getting one soon or waiting for the 2005....
Old 03-14-2004, 09:39 AM
Advanced

Ryans brought a dealership in Wayne called Open Road of Wayne. They won the Precision Award twice and had cars in stock. I saw the one I wanted online. No problem when I went there. Don't know if you want to travel that far.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:13 PM
Cruisin'

I had a nice experience today at Ramsey. Took a test drive, lease terms I could'nt resist. I was out in a little over an hour. Got a call a few hours ago informing me that they found my first choice color (artic Blue Auto non-Navi)

Problay got it from Wayne ( I think I saw that combo in their on-line inventory)
Old 03-29-2004, 06:24 PM
10th Gear

From what I was told when I bought my TSX a few weeks ago is that Honda made 19,000 worldwide for 2004, but only 15,000 made it to U.S. If that's true, it does make it hard to find a specific transmission type/exterior/interior color at a specific dealership.

However, I live near Washington D.C. which is the capital of everything expensive. I got a non-navi, auto, NBP/ebony for $25,750 with 2.9% APR for 60 mos. Can't beat that!

Good luck!
Old 03-31-2004, 08:57 PM
Spooooooon !

Precision Acura in Princeton - right off of route 1. Had a great experience all the way around, and tonight I got a tin of cookies from the owner of the place. Ask for Michael Thomas, he was great.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:06 AM
Advanced

Bridgewater Acura is good, went to ryans open road, all they did was jerk me around
Old 04-01-2004, 02:07 PM
Spooooooon !

Yeah I called Bridgewater along with every other dealer in the central Jersey area, they were alright, but nothing like Princeton. Stay away from Springfield though.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:36 PM
6th Gear

what's wrong with springfield? we're considering them, along with montclair, bridgewater and park avenue (in maywood)

any advice?
Old 04-15-2004, 07:54 AM
Spooooooon !

Well it may just be the salesperson I got, or the day I went but I doubt it. Seemed like a meat market, lots of customers, not too much help, kind of disorganized. And the sales guy was the prototypical car salesman, asking questions like "Why would you look at anything else ?".

The guys at Precision were courteous, quick, and responsive. Just what car buying should be. I also felt like they were not trying to swindle me, unlike Springfield.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Intermediate

Re: New Jersey Acura Dealers

Originally posted by Foolish Pleasure
Can someone please explain what is up with Acura dealers? I have tried contacting three so far - with very shaky results. One did not return my email. A second tried to rip me off with financing -- the wouldnt give me the price of car but rather told me what my payments would be : Approx $28.5K for a non-navi model based on the term and rate. I called him out and said he would sell it for $26K. And last but not least the internet manager of the third told me that the TSX is a "limited production" vehicle and that there are only 12K of them out there. Never mind the fact Honda just relased sales numbers showing over 18,000. If anyone can recommend a dealer I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Intermediate

Re: New Jersey Acura Dealers

WWW.ACURAOFTURNERSVILLE.COM

Originally posted by Foolish Pleasure

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2004, 12:01 PM
John Starks - The Dunk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Monteclair Acura gave me an excellent price. They even located a car for me and with my permission picked it up from a dealer in south jersey because they couldn't get a trunk to bring it over in time.

Ask for Otto Crombet....tell him Johnny Jr. sent you and he should give you the same price I got.

$27,800 for ABP/EB/Nav with Fogs, Protection package, and all season mats.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:55 PM
6th Gear

Apparently yuhoo22 has purchased several TSXs ... in NY and NJ.

See the NY thread here:

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...134#post126134

He's probably a bird dog.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:49 PM
John Starks - The Dunk

Originally posted by marken
Apparently yuhoo22 has purchased several TSXs ... in NY and NJ.

See the NY thread here:

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...134#post126134

He's probably a bird dog.

WHAT THE HELL IS A BIRD DOG?
I hope that you are not trying to insult me? I have pics posted if you search in the gallery section.....

I bought 3 TSXs since January. 2 of them did not come in and I got my deposit back. Apparently the first dealer had no idea what happened and why it was 1 month late. The second was lost in the train derailment.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:21 PM
Racer

I strongly suggest Acura of Denville. The internet manager just gave me the price that i asked for $25K. I did not choose Acura of Denville as they did not have my color of choice. I end up purchased from Open Road Acura of Wayne as they offered $24.9K with half hour standoff. Another great place to go. I just picked up the car on 05/01/04.

Chee
Old 05-06-2004, 08:57 AM
8th Gear

Chee,

who did you speak with at Denville? I test drove there yesterday (5/5/04) and loved the car. I was told that they do not sell much below the sticker price.

Can you recommend a salesperson in wayne?

-s
Old 05-06-2004, 10:40 AM
Racer

Schmeldorf,

I could not remember the name. Try this, Go to their web site (Denville) and put a quick quote. The guy called me within half hour. I know the current lowest price for a TSX is about $25.5K and i asked for $25K. I did not expect he said OK but he did. He did not have the color i want and i said i will stop by. I will try to look for the name at home for you.

I went to Open Road Acura of Wayne on the same day and they have my car. They tried not to lower the price until $25.6k and i knew i can get one for $25K and i let them know and ready to walk. About half hour standoff, they gave me the price $24.9 (no option, no Nav, 5AT, including destination, no tax)

Few things i want to mention
I went to Wayne on the second last day of the month
I knew i can get one for $25K (Denvile)
I wanted a better price (<$25K) before i made a deal
I never let them how much exactly from the other dealer (Denville)
Remenber, you are the who buy and don't feel sad if they couldn't make any money. I controlled the whole situation and ready to walk away if they refused

The saleperson from Wayne is Nick. I strongly suggest you try all these at the end of the month. I think that is the most critical point for both dealers to lower the price for me.

Hope it will help

Chee
Old 05-06-2004, 02:41 PM
Advanced

Chee... congrats, brought mine at Open Road Wayne also and was at the end of Dec, car in stock. Mine was about 1k more than yours w/ weather protection pkg. You did a great job. I recommend the service dept, very professional.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Racer

Kenk25,

Just wondering did you receive key number card with bar code and number for lost key replacement from Open Road Wayne?

You bought the car about 5 months ago and they were selling MSRP at that time. You did great too. Thanks.

Chee
Old 05-07-2004, 09:24 AM
Advanced

Chee...yes somewhat. I just check, it is a paper tag and they wrote the four digit number but on back is a stamped bar code. Have fun driving.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:48 AM
Instructor

I bought mine from Turnersville Acura, but that's in South Jersey i'm not sure if that's too far for you. I got mine for $27,012 w/ Navi. No complaints. Holla at San Juan Smith.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Advanced

I've had a great experience at Clinton Acura. Went for a test drive by myself and I know that not every dealer will allow that. They offered me a good price and before I had a chance to ask, they told me what my fees were going to be.
They didn't try to hide anything and didn't push me for an extended warranty(although they did offer it)
Overall, my "dealing" took much less than my test drive.

Bridgewater Acura offered me an "internet special" - $300 off MSRP and I had to act fast to take advantage of that special deal.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:54 AM
Racer

Schmeldorf,

The internet manager from Acura of Denville is Robert that offered $25K. Try that.

Chee
Old 05-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Intermediate

MONTCLAIR ACURA in New Jersey sucks, sucks and more sucks.

the first thing i did when shopping for a TSX was go to each dealer in person. at the same time i was emailing "internet" salemen under a different name. you wouldn't believe the level the difference between the "internet" salesman and the floor salesman. including in the difference was selling price and fees that aren't negotiable. i spoke to the finance manager and told him that another dealer gave me a different residual value and interest rate. he told me the other dealer was "low balling me". i then told him who gave me those numbers. needless to say he was shocked as hell. i did not lease or finance with those rip-off agents.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:30 AM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Foolish Pleasure

Thanks!
Ardmore Acura has about 25 TSX sitting in their inventory, had no problem getting my color and fitout choice. Ardmore is part of the Philadelphia Main Line, but probably no more inaccessible than the ones you're dealing with - about six miles out of the city in the Western suburbs. I went in for a lease deal, test drove the car, spent five minutes hammering the numbers and walked out with an agreement; two hours total from time in to time out. Sticker price on my Acura TSX was $26,650 or some such; lease deal for no down, three years, 20000 miles is about $445/month excluding state sales tax. Had I been negotiating for purchase, my suspicion is I could have tagged it down close to $26; his initial lease price was $20/month more than I wanted to pay. I have had best luck with large dealors on negotiations, but I never ask for a telephone quote or email quote, they assume you're not "real" and they don't usually respond in a competitive way. If you walk in, know what you want, know the base cost of the vehicle, you can generally negotiate the deal fast, and the response will be to "close" fast rather than high in order to keep addressing their quotas. I actually had my admin assistant call for an appointment, becasue I wanted them to know that I didn't want to waste time and wanted to cut the deal in one shot, limited haggling. These folks were remarkably effecient in the lease deal, can't speak to their sales process, but know they have a big inventory.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:10 PM
ric
Safety Car

Don't know if Philly is too far for you, but I dealt with Ardmore Acura, about six miles out of Center City. Large stock of cars on hand, negotiated decent lease deal after test driving both the TL and TSX, picked up the car after my firm's beancounters and their beancounters justified their respective existances. I had presold myself on an Acura, having tested a bunch of other cars, so I knew what I wanted. Didn't negotiate over the phone or internet as in the past, I've come to think that dealors don't take those requests seriously. Made an appointment, walked out about 90 minutes later with two test drives and a written committment to numbers and a specific NAV number.