Old 01-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i'd consider this one...

http://toyota.jp/toyopet/50th/markx/
Old 01-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I must say, i'm very surprised by the comments. First of all, Yes, Acura is a "premium" badge, but who cares? I guess some do. I bought the TSX because it's a great value for what you get. Would i get the Camry? No, it's a family sedan, no questions about that, and I don't want that right now. Is the Camry a nice car? Hell yeah. My girlfriend had an old 1993 camry. It was the hand me down from her parents. Cool car? Not really. But functioned great and rode great. I think it's a great value for what you get, if you're shopping for that kind of car. I think it's absurd to discount a Toyota simply because it's no the "premium badge"

crazy responses in here.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by Accurate
A Camry is a very nice family car...nothing but a family car. Toyota is not known for their torque or power...and seems very boring to drive.

Acura > *
Wow it's great that people love their Acuras, since they are great cars, but can we avoid getting like BMW owners and becoming people who think that there are no better cars out there? Cmon!
Old 01-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
It's a perfectly fine car, just not a "car lover's" type of car. Nothing wrong with a Camry for the average person, which is why there are so many of them out there.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Pink as a pistol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by afici0nad0
i'd consider this one...

http://toyota.jp/toyopet/50th/markx/

That Mark X is sick. That white on white leather is nice.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:46 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Originally Posted by Beoshingus
The front end is UG-LEE. And there will be two million of them on the road in the first year.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
Camry is practical, reliable transport. However - to me, the Camry and certain other cars are the sedan equivalent to owning a minivan. Probably the most practical choices out there, but I just can't bring myself to do it at this point in my life....maybe when Im older, but not now.

(No offense to minivan owners.)
Old 02-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
I saw the new Camry at the Houston Auto Show last week and it looks better in person. I'd consider it. Unfortunately the rear seat doens't fold down very well, and on the XLE they don't fold down at all and I like the extrat hauling space on occasion. Lexus also annouced the new ES350 yesterday which I think is based on the new Camry. So if you are looking for more "upscale" you can check that out.

http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/show/..._GALLERY_ID=95
Old 02-09-2006, 01:40 AM
Advanced

I don't like the grille. The SE model is okay. Would've looked nicer if the emblem was in the middle of the grille instead of at the top.

SE Extras quoted from toyota.com
- F1 inspired aerodynamics and undercarriage design
- sport-tuned suspension with 25mm solid front/rear stabiliser bar and rear "V" brace behind the rear seats
- Large-diameter front/rear disc brakes with ABS and aluminium brake calipers
- bodykit and foglights
- Available 18" TRD alloys
- Dual exhaust with chrome outlets, black sport grille, 17" alloys
- 6-spd sequential automatic
- available 440W JBL stereo and nav/bluetooth

in addition to standard 8 airbags, 3.5 litre from Avalon/IS/GS.

The XLE's don't fold down cause they're reclining. Only the CE/LE have 60/40. The SE models don't fold because of the V brace behind the seats. XLE and SE models have a pass-through to partially compensate.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:19 AM
10th Gear

are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!! i would never in my life would even think about trading my car for that. everywhere you go you see and old man or an old lady driving one.... it's not for us young folks.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i will trade it in when i turn old ....say around 50-60?? ok...only 40 years to go!
Old 02-09-2006, 08:57 AM
iVTEC no koe

Well, since the Camry is getting a new look, the Lexus ES will be changed too...... yup:

http://www.lexus.com/2007es_preview/...l?s_ocid=20465
Old 02-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by aznt1217
Hmmm... have any of you seen the new camry. What do you think about it? and would you trade your tsx in?

Toyota Main Site
I thought the same thing after seeing the Camry and new Lexus IS, because I am still waiting for my TSX to be built and shipped! Anyway, after reading recent reviews of both Toyotas, I realized quickly why I will never by a Toyota product: Toyota does not cater to the sport enthusiast the way Honda does.

Example, the new Camry does not allow you to disengage the stability program. The Lexus IS does allow it to be disengaged, but then it automatically engages itself after the car hits 30mph. Another example, the Camry only comes with a manual transmission in the 4-cylinder, however, it is available in both 4 and 6 cylinder Accords. The Lexus offers a 6-spd in the Lexus IS, but only with the less powerful motor.

Toyota is committed to building quality cars, but at the expense of segragating enthusiasts. In the end Honda/Acura is a more sporty alternative than Toyota/Lexus even though Honda products are front wheel drive, while Honda remains more environmentally sensitive than Toyota (what's with all the trucks Toyota?).
Old 02-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Zoopa

Toyota is committed to building quality cars, but at the expense of segragating enthusiasts. In the end Honda/Acura is a more sporty alternative than Toyota/Lexus even though Honda products are front wheel drive, while Honda remains more environmentally sensitive than Toyota (what's with all the trucks Toyota?).
and it's here where i think the never-ending debate will continue...

some will say that toyota is indeed catering to the driving enthusiasts via rwd, maybe more so than honda...

for me, i enjoy both brands. it's all about options, and it's all good for the consumers...
Old 02-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Dr. Feelgood

Like many have mentioned, the new Camry is still a Camry. Even with the optional 3.5 Liter, the driving dynamics still lacking compared to the TSX. Also, the Lexus ES350 is still a Camry with minor light changes. Toyota quality is slowly declining. My friend test drove a new Avalon becuase he wanted to trade in his (last generation). He said the ride was much more bumpy and the cabin noise was much higher than his. Maybe Toyota is trying too hard to accomplish a sportier image that it may be ruining their luxury image in the process.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:11 PM
no0bIe

No thanks!!! TSX FOR LIFE BABY >>>
Old 02-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Cruisin'

As i always tell people, Camery's are for people who don't enjoy driving such as my Grandma!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 05TLTony
Like many have mentioned, the new Camry is still a Camry. Even with the optional 3.5 Liter, the driving dynamics still lacking compared to the TSX. Also, the Lexus ES350 is still a Camry with minor light changes. Toyota quality is slowly declining. My friend test drove a new Avalon becuase he wanted to trade in his (last generation). He said the ride was much more bumpy and the cabin noise was much higher than his. Maybe Toyota is trying too hard to accomplish a sportier image that it may be ruining their luxury image in the process.
i really like the new avalon. when compared to the es330, i think the avalon becomes very attractive...
Old 02-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
New Camry has electronic grandmothers that won't let you even do a burnout. If you compare the 4-cyl 5-spd Camry to the 4-cyl 5-spd Accord (both have about the same displacement, hp, tq, and weigh about the same) , the Accord is more than a full second quicker to 60 and gets better gas mileage. Honda>Toyota IMO.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bradykp-
Acura is a "premium" badge, but who cares?

-I think it's absurd to discount a Toyota simply because it's no the "premium badge"
-Whats really funny is that everyone on here KNOWS that the TSX is NOTHING MORE than the euro accord rebadged. Yet the talk down about the toyota because its not "premium"...common guys.

Go out and take a look at your honda accord in your driveway and edit your post.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:06 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

u've gota be kidding; that thing is such an ugly piece of boring toyota crap. the only consideration i may have to trading up the TSX; is when the next gen accord comes out in a year
Old 02-10-2006, 12:08 PM
Instructor

-Also, the Lexus ES350 is still a Camry with minor light changes.

-Toyota quality is slowly declining. .
-Just like the tsx is a euro accord(exactly) and the TL is a us accord (exactly) . Seriously some of you guys need to STFU.

-How?
Old 02-10-2006, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by sccpu3d
That Camry is crap, but(for the price its great) I have suggestions for Toyota below

1. Bit Smaller
2. Sharper in the back, with smaller lights
3. Front needs smaller lights, and a bigger grille, and adjustment in the fogs
4. Hid lights obviously
5. Awesome navigation system
6. HID lights, bluetooth, voice commands (650+), leather, autoseats
7. 2.4L 205HP iVTEC engine
8. Keep the price the same =)

If toyota fulfills those requirements, I'd jump all over the camry ^__^

Otherwise, a Camry has already established itself as the best selling car EVER......... basically everyones gonna have one
those numbers of it being number 1 include fleet sales; which without the accord would be the best seller. that best seller camry crap is just that, crap!
Old 02-10-2006, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by rugbybrado
-Just like the tsx is a euro accord(exactly) and the TL is a us accord (exactly) . Seriously some of you guys need to STFU.

-How?
difference is; honda isn't chasing afer the american big 3... toyota interiors are getting disgusting. they fix it with the lexus brand which is just as boring and uninviting to drive....

the tsx/tl may be based on the us/euro accord; but its not just a rebadged car with a better interior. motors are diffferent, suspension setups are different, the same platform doesn't mean shit.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by sthaznpride17
Atleast it is better looking than the 2006 Civic (god that is ugly)

The new camry is pretty nice, of course its not as fun as the TSX in terms of driving (thats a given). My family has a 96 camry that is pretty comfortable and handles like a boat, pretty fun to mess around in
your 16 year old ass needs to grow some taste.. the new camry is better looking than the new civic? are you on crack?
Old 02-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 97AcuraCL

-the tsx/tl may be based on the us/euro accord; but its not just a rebadged car with a better interior. motors are diffferent, suspension setups are different, the same platform doesn't mean shit.

NO THEY ARE NOT!!!

Find me anythign at all that says that, youre pulling this stuff out of your as$.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:24 PM

NO THEY ARE NOT!!!

Find me anythign at all that says that, youre pulling this stuff out of your as$.
are you kidding me? I'm sorry I dont have an article that says the TL has a different suspension setup than the American Accord; but do some research its not that difficult.

the tsx may share suspension setups with the euro accord. but remember the euro accord is a gusseied up sporty model of the accord, its not ur basic accord saloon sold over tehre... so if you were going to take a vehicle from honda to sell under lexus; they took the sportiest variation of it; made it sportier and then threw a sexy ass interior in it to make the TSX. If you take a boring ass camry slap a badge and interior inot it; you still have a boring ass lexus... do some research. and stop spouting off shit yourself.

The motors and performance are definitly different; then add the tighter susupension setup of the TL; driving the 2 are the difference of night and day.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
NO THEY ARE NOT!!!

I don't even want to waste my time finding all the evidence, but basically here are the basics:

The euro accord and the TSX share some body work, but the TSX has slightly reworked bumpers and grilles to meet US crash standards.

The engines are all variants of the K24, but the tuning in the euro accord and the TSX are different.

The suspension settings in the TSX are actually 10% stiffer than the standard euro accord. This was a huge deal for the magazines because for once, the US actually got the better tuned suspension.

And finally, the euro accord gets the standard accord interior. The TSX has the Honda Inspire interior, which is different and includes more luxury trimmings.

Now STFU before I have you banned for being a ridiculous troll who just mouths off without doing some research first! Stop acting like an ass and you'll get along just fine with the people here. Keep this up and don't expect to last very long.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Got Ramen?

^

as for the TL, it's also based on Accord underpinnings. platform is the same, and the engine is the same SOHC V6 found in the 6th gen accord V6. The difference is that they increased the 3.0L to a 3.2L and adjusted the compression ratios and some minor tweaking to get that extra 25+ hp.

the RL is also based off the accord. jsut look at it. the proportions are similar and that trunk line screams 7th gen accord. the tsx/tl/rl are only 2" difference from one another.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 97AcuraCL
-but do some research its not that difficult.

-the tsx may share suspension setups with the euro accord. but remember the euro accord is a gusseied up sporty model of the accord, its not ur basic accord saloon sold over tehre...

-so if you were going to take a vehicle from honda to sell under lexus; they took the sportiest variation of it; made it sportier and then threw a sexy ass interior in it to make the TSX.

-If you take a boring ass camry slap a badge and interior inot it; you still have a boring ass lexus... do some research. and stop spouting off shit yourself.
-Go to the Honda.eu and look under specs, then go to acura.com and look under specs

-It is the eu accord type-S

-since when are hondas sold under lexus- but i get what you are getting at, most car manufacutures as well do take the largest engine/ sportiest configuration of a model of car to carry it into there upscale brands. Thats not something that only honda does.

-Well the majority of the public including car and driver also find the accord to be a bit boring as well.

Infact for the longest time honda and toyota both have been steriotyped as making boring un-emtional cars. I would say more-so honda than toyota.

So what exactly are you getting at ?
Old 02-10-2006, 12:50 PM
Safety Car

is being a Euro Accord a downgrade? I don't think so. It competes with BMW 3, MB C class, in the EU as an ACCORD. Most of these other cars are decontented as well - they aren't luxury cars in their native lands. Mercedes-Benzes are TAXIs for pete's sake. However, they get here, get upgraded leather, sound deadening, technology, and all of a sudden their luxury cars. So if others can do that, what do you hold against Honda/Acura, for doing that?

Im fine with it being a rebadged Euro-spec Accord. A european driving experience is desirable over the American family sedan anyday.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:50 PM
Safety Car

Double post, mods can you correct this?? Thanks!
Old 02-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl

-is being a Euro Accord a downgrade?

-However, they get here, get upgraded leather, sound deadening, technology, and all of a sudden their luxury cars. So if others can do that, what do you hold against Honda/Acura, for doing that?

Im fine with it being a rebadged Euro-spec Accord. A european driving experience is desirable over the American family sedan anyday.

I think this is directed at me...

-No its not, and i wouldnt be a proud owner of a tsx if it was

-I dont hold anythign agaisnt honda for doign that..this is the qoute (if you look up to the top of page three where i finaly said something.)

Also, the Lexus ES350 is still a Camry with minor light changes. .
The little upgrades is something every car manufaturer does from its base line to transition into its luxury line. There is nothing wrong with it in my opinion. But what i dont like is when someone on this board says "well thats just a rebadged toyota/nissan/ whatever...."

Well we already know that, and if you want to get technical so are our cars. I just hate when people act like ours is somehow so different and so superior.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:18 AM

-Go to the Honda.eu and look under specs, then go to acura.com and look under specs

-It is the eu accord type-S

-since when are hondas sold under lexus- but i get what you are getting at, most car manufacutures as well do take the largest engine/ sportiest configuration of a model of car to carry it into there upscale brands. Thats not something that only honda does.

-Well the majority of the public including car and driver also find the accord to be a bit boring as well.

Infact for the longest time honda and toyota both have been steriotyped as making boring un-emtional cars. I would say more-so honda than toyota.

So what exactly are you getting at ?
1. I apologize for the typo; i had meant honda into acura not lexus.

2. I had to look at your profile to see your location. Since none is listed i must assume you're from planet nutjob.... Where have u been in north america where you've ever heard of anyone refering to honda as a boring company (at least in comparison to Toyota) I mean I understand the lack of RWD cars; but ever since the early 90's honda has been known at least to everyone i've ever been around... as WAYYY more sporty in terms of brand reognition than Toyota.

Am I missing something?