A nervous potential new TSX owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A nervous potential new TSX owner

After considerable research and a test drive, I recently put down a $500 deposit on an incoming non-Navi TSX 5AT in Carbon Gray Pearl with Ebony interior. Having since read a number of posts siting problems with rattles, errant panel lights, pre-mature body panel rust, noisy brakes, squeaky auto shifters, etc. I've become just a bit nervous. Are these reported problems just isolated examples of poor quality control, or possibly only related to the earliest production runs? Are there an equal or greater number of owners who have had no such problems? I need a bit of reassurance before I agree to take delivery of my TSX upon arrival in 6 weeks or so. Any relative comments will be much appreciated. When responding, please indicate your car's build date and a report on your experience relative to the aforementioned issues, etc. Please respond to the forum AND to me personally.

Andrew Bertsch
Sidney, Ohio
abertsch1@woh.rr.com
Old 06-08-2004, 06:57 PM
Master in Science

The rattles are common. The rust is not.

Best way to be safe is buy the 2005 model out in 2-3 months.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:02 PM
Instructor

Think twice!!!

i bought the TSX auto 3 months ago.

Rattles are almost everywhere. From dash board, sun roof door panel...
Stock speaker sucks!! I replace it with the Alpine type s.
Gas miliage is around 23 - 24per gallon.( I am living in CA)
the 0 - 60 is average/slow. (get the 6 speed)
My car is Black, so... small scratch is everywhere even I wax with Zaino (z2 + z5).

The only thing I like is the Nav system. I think this is worth the money.
I am thinking to sell the car a few months later.

If I have a second chance, I will pay more for G35 or c230.

Test drive the car serious before you make the decision.
Good luck!!
Old 06-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Instructor

Yeah Think twice. If you don't want to let others pass by you then don't get this car. There is no fun accelerating this car. Only fun on the mountain road or curves. If you want automatic, then I want to strongly recommend G35 of TL.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Master in Science

Originally Posted by hbux

My car is Black, so... small scratch is everywhere even I wax with Zaino (z2 + z5).

Good luck!!
I disagree. I think it's an excellent car, and a good value. Definitely better than the Benz.

City mpg is invariable small in any car, especially the G35. Frwy mpg should be closer to 31, unless you are extremelly heavy on the pedal (I'm heavy and make 30-33).
Old 06-08-2004, 07:15 PM
Orangeblood

I have a 6MT delivered in April. It has 1600 miles now. I have zero rattles. Power is not great, but freeway/hiway performance more than makes up for it. It handles wonderfully.

I get 21 mpg minimum in the worst kind of city driving. And Dallas streets SUCK, so if it were going to rattle I suppose it would.

Consider: a) the people on these fora are "car psychos," meaning the tiniest defect will be magnified to epic proportions, and b) they also have a tendency to be "racer" types. The TSX has plenty of power, refined power, for a non-racer.

The vast majority of people on this board love the TSX, even those few with the persistent rattles and center console lights that go out.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:19 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
We just turned 10K miles on a navi-5AT, Carbon/Quartz purchased in August '03. Aside from faint rattles in the doors and a rattle in the driver's seat belt retractor when at its highest position, the vehicle has been flawless.

As far as acceleration, it's a typical Honda 4-cylinder motor, just bigger - not a lot of low-end. Also, you have to turn off the VSC to keep command of your launches.

Yeah, the entire speaker system does suck. You need to upgrade the amp and the speaks if you care about that sort of thing (if you listen to AM then don't bother).

I think it's a good deal for the money, and my fiancee (it's her daily driver) loves it. I talked her out of a Jetta, fer cryin' out loud!
Old 06-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Racer

I don't know my build date and I'm too lazy to run down to the car and check but I took delivery of my TSX in July as soon as it arrived at the dealer from port. So far I have 13K miles on my car and have not experienced any of the problems mentioned on the forums. Not even the rattling. I do get an occasional buzz from the speaker when a strong bass note is hit by a certain burned CD-R but that happens rarely and probably due to a burn where the sound was not equalized before burning.

No problems whatsoever and I consider myself very particular about what can go wrong in a car and its build quality. For the first year of ownership, the TSX has been the most trouble-free and flawless car I've had the pleasure of taking home from the dealer and so far, it remains that way. For the first year of ownership, new Audis and BMW's have given me nothing but trouble and many trips to the dealer to fix stupid little things under warranty. I've taken my TSX to service once the whole year - only for the 10K scheduled service and oil change. Note that these are my own experiences and I noticed many here were not as fortunate.

Lastly, let me just say that I am more than impressed by the build quality and reliability of the TSX because during the past year, I have really driven the snot out of it. Sometimes, abuse is an understatement.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Evil Empire Peon

Originally Posted by vifferman
After considerable research and a test drive, I recently put down a $500 deposit on an incoming non-Navi TSX 5AT in Carbon Gray Pearl with Ebony interior. Having since read a number of posts siting problems with rattles, errant panel lights, pre-mature body panel rust, noisy brakes, squeaky auto shifters, etc. I've become just a bit nervous. Are these reported problems just isolated examples of poor quality control, or possibly only related to the earliest production runs? Are there an equal or greater number of owners who have had no such problems? I need a bit of reassurance before I agree to take delivery of my TSX upon arrival in 6 weeks or so. Any relative comments will be much appreciated. When responding, please indicate your car's build date and a report on your experience relative to the aforementioned issues, etc. Please respond to the forum AND to me personally.

Andrew Bertsch
Sidney, Ohio
abertsch1@woh.rr.com
As with any board, the posts that will invariably come are the ones from people with problems.

People simply enjoying their car will have no reason to complain on the boards, and at best, will ask questions about modifying it, experiences with different maintenance styles, etc, etc.

So if you've just been reading the boards, yes, then you'll see a lot of issues.

Something you can try is see if you can find TSX owners in your area and ask them how they feel. They'll generally have better feedback for you, since they'll be driving in somewhat similar terrain and situations.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Every car has issues. I think the question is what other car would you consider. The TSX sits in a niche almost to itself. It is the least expensive of the entry-lux cars (equipped roughly the same). If you want the highest quality for near the money look at the ES330 (aside from oil gel). In the end the TSX is pretty high quality, despite the issues you read about on forums. So, if it is not a TSX what would it be, then we can discuss relative quality.

Vandy
Old 06-08-2004, 08:30 PM
Instructor

vifferman,

I got my TSX (5AT, noNAVI, Meteor Silver) a week before the Super Bowl and already have nearly 8K miles on it. So far it's been the most trouble free car I've ever owned. No rattles, no problems, good mileage (26-29 mixed city/hwy), and good performance. It's car number 11 for me, so I have quite a bit to compare it to. If you want to do burnouts at the traffic lights then get something else. But if you want good all around performance, great handling, comfort, and the likelyhood (no manufacturer is perfect) of excellent reliability, I think it's a great choice. Then again, you can't please everyone.

landerso
Old 06-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Wouldn't worry about it. This is the best Acura in my family and we've had four others. I get the ocassional rattle, but nothing I can't live with, especially considering how hard I drive the car. Plus, I feel the power is adequate. I'm not racing anyone, but do enjoy a spirited drive and I don't feel it is lacking in power. You'll regret it if you skip over the car. Take the time to thoroughly test drive all the cars you're considering and decide for yourself. After enough time, you'll discover that the TSX is far and away the best choice in the class.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:20 PM
w00p!

Originally Posted by landerso
I got my TSX (5AT, noNAVI, Meteor Silver)
excellent choice of color!

vifferman, buy this car. buy it because you want it and like it. dont be afraid of rattles and such. ive had mine for 6 months and no problems whatsoever.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Banned

WHAT!??!?!?!?!? are you crazy!??!?!??! was there a speaker option or something that i got?? It has 8 speakers-2 subs and I honestly think that it is the best sounding stock car audio system i've ever heard.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Instructor

to vifferman,

Some people are lucky, get the perfect car. Congrad!!
but some people get a bad quality car. You read those posts, thats why you ask, right?

I understand my previous post is completely offence to those TSX lover. But I am a TSX owner too. Those are my experiences and disapointment about this car.

Again - think twice!! read couple more posts, ask local people who drive TSX.

I did ask people who drive TSX, rattles happen all the time. One of my friend even need to replace the whole NAV system. The dealer was very nice, but still took 2 weeks get the car fix.

Anyway,
I read a post saying that Honda will fix the TSX rattle issue. ( I am not sure this is right or not.) If you really concern about TSX, I suggest you wait for a few months, get the 2005 model.

Bottem line.... are you sure you can get the car without any problem that you concern in your first post? Remember, this car is around $29K after tax & fee!! Why risk? getting a specal deal that you can't buy the car later?

again - congratulation to those owners who get the perfect TSX
Old 06-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Banned

someone sounds a little bitter
Old 06-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Andrew, where is Sidney in Ohio? Did you get the car from a NE Ohio dealer?

I do have some intermittent rattling in my TSX, and I do wish that the lower end torque would be better, but otherwise, I can't say that I have any serious complaint at all! It's a great value.

Apart from the TSX, what other choices do you have in mind? For the non-Navi model ($27K), I really can't think of anything else in the same caliber as the TSX :-)
Old 06-08-2004, 09:41 PM
Master in Science

Originally Posted by Kawaii
someone sounds a little bitter
Great Avatar!
Old 06-08-2004, 09:54 PM
I'm allergic to bull

Yes, where is Sidney, Ohio?

Two suggestions:

1. What car are you driving now? If it's a V6 or something torquy, you might be a little disappointed cuz of lack of low end torque. That's what I'm feeling right now. Since my car is still in break-in period and have to avoid high rev, my car feels a bit slow. BUT, I know my patient will eventually pay off. After 3000miles and an oil change, I'm gonna drive that baby HARD.

2. If budget allows, get the navi. I regret for not getting it, even after hearing the same advice all the time on this forum. REGRET BIG TIME.

BTW, two Acura dealers here in columbus area are both very nice. I got mine in Lindsay Acura, CG+6MT+trunk tray, for $26800 including tax. Just for your reference. I'm sure there is a better deal out there.

And don't get overwhelmed by all the problems posted here. Nothing chronic here. For ~$27000, you won't find anything that is better packaged than a TSX.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm still not sold on this rattling issue. I've had my TSX for 11 months and I don't have any. Maybe if I drove around with my stereo off I'd notice some, but I don't. That would suck, not jammin tunes all the time. As far as the rust issues, I wash my car religously at a hand car wash. When I'm done washing I dry with a water blade then follow with an absorber. When I'm done doing that, I open the hood, the trunk, the doors, and last but not least, the gas door, and dry them too. I think the people with the rattle issues, blast the bass, the people with the rust issues don't know how to wash a car. I don't need people to hear me before I get there, and I like my car clean. I remember when I drove junk all the time, yeah they rattled and rusted, because I gave a rats ass. Take a little pride in your car, whatever it is, and you'll have less problems then the next owner. The one who gives a rats ass.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Good luck!!
Noway a C230! it even not come close to a Civic! how can it comopare to TSX and even G35! if you want german go for bmw. Even German consider MB is the 2nd wrost in quality! and the worst is VW! :shit:
Old 06-08-2004, 11:37 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ianS
Noway a C230! it even not come close to a Civic! how can it comopare to TSX and even G35! if you want german go for bmw. Even German consider MB is the 2nd wrost in quality! and the worst is VW! :shit:

If you think civic is better than c230, I have no word to say.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:42 PM
Race Director

the TSX is a great car, the only problems i've had are the not good clarity of the radio stations sometimes and the cd storage bin door broke.

if i really wanted power again i would've tried my best to negotiate and get a G35 coupe. but, i love the great gas mileage i'm getting plus in the long run the TSX will be less expensive to maintain than the G35 coupe. just in fuel costs and the 15K, 30K, etc are cheaper at Acura than at Infiniti.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Team Owner

If you think civic is better than c230, I have no word to say.
Have you driven a C230? Unless you shell out nearly $40K for a fully loaded one, it basically is a gussied up Honda Civic with fabric seats and everything at the TSX price point. It sure as hell doesn't have much more space than a Honda Civic and the tranny is nowhere near as slick. Plus, it doesn't drive all that well either. I've never been impressed with MB's C-Class. They've always been rather third-rate in everything including exterior design, engine design, interior design, and user friendliness.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:57 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Andrew Bertsch
Sidney, Ohio
abertsch1@woh.rr.com
Not sure of the build date but purchased mine Dec. 19, 2003.
No rattles, no errant panel lights, no pre-mature body panel rust (no rust period), no noisy brakes, no squeaky auto shifters. Had a creaking sound come from somewhere in the center dashboard that started about a month after I bought it and disappeared about a month later. No problems whatsoever.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:20 AM
Looking at the '15 TLX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Andrew Bertsch
Sidney, Ohio
abertsch1@woh.rr.com
1. For the curious, a Yahoo maps request shows Sidney:
Sidney, Ohio area map

2. I have a Carbon Gray/Ebony/5AT/Navi. I purchased it brand new with 10 miles on the odometer. As of today it has 25,400. The build number is in the low 4000's (its in my signature line below) and it was made in April 2003 (one of the first batches). I purchased it in July 2003.

3. It will be a year old in July.

4. I love this car and I am coming from a sporty Pontiac Grand Am GT. Yes I miss my V6 but I am learning to love the way this 4 handles.

5. I used to have bad rattles until I made sure the tires were inflated properly. Even a 5-10 PSI difference will echo/enhance any rattling.

6. I had a problem with my brake rotors needing to be resurfaced. This was covered for free under warranty.

7. My car has an issue with the front seat track. Nothing serious or deal killing, but an adjustment that will have to be made.

8. I occasionally get buzzing in the front speakers when I listen to talk radio or other shows with a heavy bass. Adjusting the bass level to midrange seems to help and I only occasionally get the issue. Despite what others say here, just because your car does or does not exhibit a symptom doesn't mean the other person is wrong.

Other than those issues I love this car. My car does not rust. It is speedy and very competent on the freeway. As others have said, low end power could be improved but once you get going to around 20 or so the car zips. It loves being run at around 5500 when iVTEC kicks in.

My average fuel economy on the freeway has been hovering near 29-30 and a city/highway mix gives me 27-29. I even splurge with these gas prices and make sure to keep a good 91 octane in the fuel tank.

Would I buy the car again? Absolutely. Am I glad I didn't get an RSX? Yup. Do I miss my Pontiac? Nope.

Finally, any car in a first year production run is bound to have a few issues. Its part of being in on the first run. I suspect people purchasing TSX's in 2004 probably won't have as many issues as us early adopters.

I have no idea about errant panel lights or what that means. If you are refererring to the center cluster lights going out - well some people were playing little tricks with their cars and pressing buttons to try to turn off that cluster. Those procedures were not documented in the user's manual so you play at your own risk.

Same on the squeeky auto tranny. I drive my auto tranny hard and have had no issues with it at all.

Finally, it's kind of rude to ask people to both post here and email you the results. Maybe you didn't mean for it to come across like that but I suspect if you have access to email you also have access to log in here and check this thread from time to time.

G35s are not much better. A friend of mine purcahsed one and it has been in the shop more times than my car and recently cracked a tranny just in every day street driving.

That's about it in a nutshell. Get the TSX. You will be happy you did. Probably happier had you sprung for the Navi but you'll be happy none-the-less.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:43 AM
Team Owner

Nicely put, stevestr
Old 06-09-2004, 02:51 AM
Battousai the Manslayer

I may have only had my car for 3 weeks and it only has 700 miles on it but my car is flawless and I cant wait to take it on some curves. My wife and I drove here PWP from Eastlaske to Jamul on some good curves and we had a blast. Some ppl are just lucky I guess we bought 2 TSX'S and both of them are perfect so far.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:49 AM
Burning Brakes

my car has almost 15K on it now, since i took delevery i have not had a single rattle, rust, or any of the problems anyone mentioned. i do have the seat movement but i found that if you readjust it back and forth a little the problem seems to be gone.
everyone says the speakers suck, i would agree if you listen to RAP CRAP but if you listen to ACTUAL MUSIC the stereo rocks, just keep the bass control at about +2-+3 and it sounds great.

for the most part i have 0 complaints about the TSX dont worry about the problems mentioned, all of which are covered under warranty anyway. if you have some of them take it to the dealer and get them fixed and dont worry another minute about getting this car.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Have you driven a C230? Unless you shell out nearly $40K for a fully loaded one, it basically is a gussied up Honda Civic with fabric seats and everything at the TSX price point. It sure as hell doesn't have much more space than a Honda Civic and the tranny is nowhere near as slick. Plus, it doesn't drive all that well either. I've never been impressed with MB's C-Class. They've always been rather third-rate in everything including exterior design, engine design, interior design, and user friendliness.
you forgot to mention the boat like suspension, an old school 12 valve SOHC engine that rough as ford and vibre like gm. :sqnteek:
Old 06-09-2004, 09:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TSXEuphoria
Yeah Think twice. If you don't want to let others pass by you then don't get this car. There is no fun accelerating this car. Only fun on the mountain road or curves. If you want automatic, then I want to strongly recommend G35 of TL.
you mean get passed by those wackos who rev and floor the gas and race you to the red light right up front ?.....TSX may not outaccelerate many V6 models but heck you can easily catch up few second later...
Old 06-09-2004, 10:14 AM
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=swami]As far as the rust issues, I wash my car religously at a hand car wash. When I'm done washing I dry with a water blade then follow with an absorber. When I'm done doing that, I open the hood, the trunk, the doors, and last but not least, the gas door, and dry them too. I think the people with the rattle issues, blast the bass, the people with the rust issues don't know how to wash a car. QUOTE]

That is short sighted and rather rude in the end. It might make more sense if water didn't occasionally fall from the sky! Then again maybe you never drive your car in the rain or snow.

Vandy
Old 06-09-2004, 10:40 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Bass Mechanic
everyone says the speakers suck, i would agree if you listen to RAP CRAP but if you listen to ACTUAL MUSIC the stereo rocks, just keep the bass control at about +2-+3 and it sounds great.

I think the stereo is pretty good. Initially after purchase I was thinking about swapping out the door and rear-deck speakers to Alpines. I wasn't crazy about the way they sounded. I like warm sounding speakers and the stock speakers sounded a little harsh and flat. After owning the car a few months I think the speakers take some time to break-in. They sound much better now (or it may be my ears getting used to them, I don't know). Note that if you want to crank up the bass and shake the windows with it then you may be disappointed in the stock system. But, like Bass Mechanic said, if you just want to listen to music the system is very balanced and pleasant to listen to.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:10 AM
6th Gear

Having since read a number of posts ...
If you go read any car enthusiast message board or mailing list, you'll find tons of similar gripes and complaints about cars there, too. No individual car is perfect, no model of car is perfect, no manufacturer is perfect.

Personally, I love my TSX. Solid, fun to drive, no creaks/rattles, no rust, and I think the stock stereo sounds great.

Really, complaints here on the TSX boards are pretty moderate. If you want to really be scared, go read some Volkswagon forums.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:18 AM
VP Electricity

Originally Posted by Kawaii
WHAT!??!?!?!?!? are you crazy!??!?!??! was there a speaker option or something that i got?? It has 8 speakers-2 subs and I honestly think that it is the best sounding stock car audio system i've ever heard.
You're kidding, right? How many stock systems have you heard?

I was seriously disappointed with this audio system. I don't care how many drivers it has or how many of them are supposed to be "subwoofers" (yeah, like by-nines, free air in the rear deck, qualify as subs).

The first-generation Hyundai Sonata had a better-sounding factory system than this car (All Alpine and Polk). An SR5 Tacoma has a better-sounding system than this car.

I can't wait to upgrade the speaks. Good thing my sweetie listens to Guster and Old 97's.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:27 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by elduderino
You're kidding, right? How many stock systems have you heard?

I was seriously disappointed with this audio system. I don't care how many drivers it has or how many of them are supposed to be "subwoofers" (yeah, like by-nines, free air in the rear deck, qualify as subs).

The first-generation Hyundai Sonata had a better-sounding factory system than this car (All Alpine and Polk). An SR5 Tacoma has a better-sounding system than this car.

I can't wait to upgrade the speaks. Good thing my sweetie listens to Guster and Old 97's.
You're joking about the Hyundai, right?

I've heard a number of stock stereo systems and the TSX one is decent for normal music. I don't listen to rap (in the car) or country (at all), but everything else that I've listened to sounds pretty full and the sound quality is good. Even for solid jazz, the music is clean and full. I suppose it's not for everyone, but be reasonable...a Hyundai?
Old 06-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Pre-Registered Member

Received 246 Likes on 150 Posts
My TSX has 21,000 miles on it with zero problems or rattles. I would absolutly buy it again.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:31 AM
VP Electricity

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
You're joking about the Hyundai, right?

I've heard a number of stock stereo systems and the TSX one is decent for normal music. I don't listen to rap (in the car) or country (at all), but everything else that I've listened to sounds pretty full and the sound quality is good. Even for solid jazz, the music is clean and full. I suppose it's not for everyone, but be reasonable...a Hyundai?
I don't listen to either of those genres either, actually. I listen to jazz, female songwriters (Ani, Aimee Mann, Rickie Lee Jones) and Elvis Costello/Lyle Lovett (not really country)/etc.

So I want voices to sound good, and real guitars and drums to sound real, and the system to play loud enough to listen to with the sunroof open.

The first-generation Hyundai Sonata had what was at the time the Alpine top of the line aftermarket tape deck (7316? 18-22k w/metal tape, Dolby C, full-logic ultra-low wow/flutter transport), Polk 6.5 woofs in the doors and the Polk teardrop mid/tweet in the corners, and more 6.5 woofs in the rear. It also had an aftermarket amp (3533?) which was 40 or 50 x 4.

Don't get me wrong, I would have never owned the car. But it's the only OE system I've ever seen assembled completely out of aftermarket components with the logos left off...
Old 06-14-2004, 09:55 AM
The Voice of Reason

Andrew Bertsch
Sidney, Ohio
abertsch1@woh.rr.com
September 2003 build. October 2003 delivery. No rattles. No problems at all. Our two newest cars are both Honda products and the first time, ever, we've had no problems to report on the annual Consumer Reports questionaire.

I don't like the brittle paint, but that's the same as my Volvo's paint. I don't particularly like the TSX seats. I'd like heated mirrors. I'd also like about 300 more HP

I also thought the sunshade on my sunroof might be malfunctioning until I compared it to my nephew's EX-L Accord which operates exactly the same way. This isn't the way I would have designed it but it's operating the way it was designed. So, sorry. No problems. Yet.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:35 AM
Advanced

Suppose I listen to rap crap. Which speakers should I change out. As per the thread, I can't give you an experience about driving the car yet, but I bought one, and it was even salvage. It's been in my shop for about a month and it's almost about to be ready. I got an incredible deal on a Milano Red with 619 miles, Nav, OEM bodykit and spoiler. Don't let women drive (the prior owner who totaled it). Even sitting in it makes me feel like i'm in a car with a nicer interior than the BMW 3. Unfortunately I never got around to taking pictures when the car was dissasembled and I had the dash off as I'm sure many of you would be curious and would love to see the innards of your car. The car is a real piece of work and the interior sheetmetal suggests a very safe cockpit. Honestly, the only qualm I can speak, based on the repair I have overseen, without even driving, is the design of the dash. The dash is made to rip open when the passenger airbag deploys. Remove and install of the dash on this car is extremely tedious.... moral is... don't get into a front end collision. The bags are very expensive on this car and the module needs to be replaced as well. Make sure you have full coverage. Anyways, I'll be getting back to you guys very shortly when I title my car and bring it on the road. I'll show you guys some pictures of my paint as I painted all the black pieces in the front bumper red, including the fog light trim. Good luck in your purchase.

Quick Reply: A nervous potential new TSX owner