Neo iPod Adapter advertisement featuring a TSX!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Oh, one more thing. I transferred control of the system over to the iPod last night and that works MUCH better. It's more intuitive and Apple-like than the odd things you have to do to use the ice link menu. Plus, and maybe I'm imagining things, but I think with the iPod controlling the system it just sounds better?

$15 ice link on eBay. Buy one. Install. Enjoy.

Kevin
Old 02-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Advanced

i dont understand why they cant make a system that makes the track show up on the nav screens. my buddy has a lexus gs430 and his ipod adapter allows the info to be shown on the nav screen. with all the tsx's out there, someone could make a bundle of money
Old 02-01-2007, 07:45 PM
PJS
Burning Brakes

Because the unit used by Honda/Acura (Alpine) doesn't have the capability to display the data sent.
It took Honda/Acura how long to get on board the iPod train? Do you really think they were going to spend money on a feature only so many people would need the use of?
Realise the saving they make by knocking $1-2 off the cost of the same unit with that feature implemented.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SO WHATS BETTER THE ICE LINK OR NEO Prolink???!!!
Old 02-01-2007, 10:24 PM
PJS
Burning Brakes

On the face of it, from reading the two respective websites - of which Dension let's you download various pdfs to read, it would seem it is the better of the two units.
Seems to be more feature rich.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Racer

whats the link to the Dension Ipod website???
Old 02-02-2007, 01:15 AM
PJS
Burning Brakes

Forget that!
Just been reading a few posts in here about the Dension - gets very hot, and seems to just stop working.
Whilst it's cheap enough to have a punt on, the added hassle if it is as unreliable as it seems wouldn't be offset by the price.
Just get the USA Spec or Neo Prolink - both of which seem better than the Blitzsafe to a degree.
I know now where I'm putting my money.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:22 AM
Racer

Is the US Spec. IPod link the one from ACURA???
Old 02-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by PJS
Because the unit used by Honda/Acura (Alpine) doesn't have the capability to display the data sent.
It took Honda/Acura how long to get on board the iPod train? Do you really think they were going to spend money on a feature only so many people would need the use of?
Realise the saving they make by knocking $1-2 off the cost of the same unit with that feature implemented.

thats a good point i suppose, but if they can display track names when we use xm radio im sure some genius engineer could figure out how to give us cd text through mp3 tagging. well thats my hope at least
Old 02-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Intermediate

I just bought one of those $15 (shipping) Icelink Units on eBay. I hope its a real deal but for $15 I'm willing to gamble. What problems do people have with the IceLink? I've read some posts on various forums but nothing seems to be mission critical for failure. I want to control the tuneage from the iPod anyway so their interface is irrelevant to me. Anyone have any stories about the IceLink interface?
Old 02-03-2007, 05:04 AM
PJS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FBPaCCord
thats a good point i suppose, but if they can display track names when we use xm radio im sure some genius engineer could figure out how to give us cd text through mp3 tagging. well thats my hope at least
I didn't realise your XM radio had that functionality.
Maybe it's in-built to the standard, so there's no licence or royalties to pay for implementing it.
If you really wanted to see which track you are playing - there's always the Harmon Kardon Drive Play unit - but that's on top of whichever unit you use to convert it's output to that which the headunit has as it's input, unless you spliced the cables - if that's doable.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Racer

So what are the differences between the DICE, US-ASPEC, ICE-LINK, AND NEO PROLINK??? Which is better?? and which one is most reliable?
Old 02-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Intermediate

Does anyone know if I really have to disconect the battery before I install the icelink?
Old 02-05-2007, 08:56 PM
PJS
Burning Brakes

Better safe than sorry - just in case you short yourself out, never mind the battery!
Old 02-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Intermediate

I need help!!! I'm not that tech savy so I'm having a hard time installing the icelink....I was able to pop out the tray and I think I found the hole where it connects because it fit perfictly...

In my 04 TSX/Non Navi it was on the top, or directly under the stereo...is this the right outlet? When I connect it and turn on the car, first a warning screen appears then it enters a song from a playlist...it wont let me push play, and when I push CD it doesn't do anything.

is there some sort of configuration thing I'm supposed to do? or push other buttens, or maybe I have it connected in the wrong one?
Old 02-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Burning Brakes

On the TSX if you look up to where the cubbyhole is, thats where it needs to be plugged in.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Roundy67
I just got back from installing my ice link plus iPod kit in my 2004 non-navi TSX. I have a few thoughts:

1. Buy the ice link on eBay! I purchased mine for $.01 plus $14.99 shipping. That's right- a brand new ice link plus for $15.00! Whee!!!

the 14-pin connector is different from the one we need. The one on ebay for $.01 is not I20-Honda-R3 ... its I20-Honda-R2. How did u get it to fit on your 2004?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Intermediate

You have to buy the right one - this seller has many listed for many different cars...
Old 02-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Intermediate

I hope I didn't lead anybody astray.

Let's see. I purchased the iceLink that was advertised as the right unit for my 2004 TSX. I "trusted" the write-up about the unit. I actually didn't trust it too much which is why I was so delightfully surprised when everything worked.

The struggle one of the memebers, is having above has to do with the Dension menu interface. Read the instruction manual carefully. It's a very odd and frustrating interface.

I don't have the manual here with me, but here's what I remember. Don't try this while driving....

Plug in your iPod. The warning screen comes up. Once the iPod is working, you have to select disk 6 on the radio. i.e. hit the #6 button. This get you into the Dension menu system. Look at the iPod while you hit the >> button (I think it is seek/scan on the TSX?). Each tap of that button will take you to a new menu in the Dension interface that is controlling your iPod.

Keep clicking thru (there is a maddening delay). Get to the "Apple UI" or "Dension UI" menu. It's something like that. I know "UI" is part of the word, and it stands for User Interface. Once here HOLD DOWN the scan/seek button. This acts like the fast-forward button (remember those from our tape-deck days? OH NO! I just dated myself... sigh).

When you hold down the ff button it "selects" the UI menu. When you do this right the iPod tells you to remove it from the base. Do so and wait for a second. When you plug your iPod back in the iPod interface stays on the screen and you can use it like a normal iPod.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Intermediate

For those who have asked, the cables that came with the unit I purchased plugged directly into my factory non-navi 2004 radio. Sorry, I don't know if it works with any other year vehicles. I'm not a Dension expert... I just got it to work somehow in my car.

I would NOT buy this unit for my wife's 2006 non-navi TSX. We just use the plug that is in the center arm console. It work well enough for her and we got a car-charger for it so that the batteries don't drain while she is driving around.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Roundy67
For those who have asked, the cables that came with the unit I purchased plugged directly into my factory non-navi 2004 radio. .

I think i figured out why mine didnt work. The guy on ebay - ConsumerSolution sells multiple icelink units. I didnt read the whole ebay posting. I didnt know that he was selling two different sets for honda/acura. One is for the older model hondas and i am hoping that the new one that i bid on is for the newer honda/acura. Read the compatibilty table carefully and make sure the TSX is on it. Hopefully i will receive the package by this weekend and confirm that it works, if not next week.

And if both dont work i just blew away $30 for nothing.. haahahahha.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:35 PM
i need to update my pic

i got the Neo Ipod Link, had some troubles installing - rather, finding the 'plug' but after some help of generous board members, it's done and works GREAT!!

if you decide to get this one and can't find the 'plug' .. shoot a PM
Old 02-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Intermediate

I just installed my $0.01 IceLink that I bought off of eBay. It didn't blow up and it seems to work great. One tip - the Icelink interface is really lousy. Ok I'm a biggot for good UI's having spent a big part of my career at Apple but still, it's pretty kludgy.

Switch over to the iPod UI and you are good to go. Uber easy installation - the scariest part is pulling out the cubby but once that's out it takes maybe 15 minutes tops. I didn't have to drill a hole for the cable because there is enough room where the light bulb snaps in on the top of the cubby.

So far so good - if something bad happens I will report it post haste...
Old 02-10-2007, 03:49 PM
2nd Gear

does anyone know if the ice-link will work on cars with the nav unit?
Old 02-13-2007, 09:21 AM
1st Gear

Can't Find Plug

Hey Guys, I got the CD holder out fine, I'm having some trouble finding the plug. Can anybody give a detailed description where it is located. THANKS
Old 02-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Intermediate

It's on the bottom of the head unit - towards the back - you can feel it with your fingers or stick a small mirror in the cavity and you can see it (white plastic). There are other threads here that have pictures - do a search
Old 02-13-2007, 12:23 PM
i need to update my pic

Originally Posted by THIBS212
Hey Guys, I got the CD holder out fine, I'm having some trouble finding the plug. Can anybody give a detailed description where it is located. THANKS
you seriously have to feel for it, the plug opening is facing the front, if that helps ... exactly behind the climate (ac) system. Just feel around, it's right next to another plug, so feel for wires - then u'll feel an opening to the right of it.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Racer

Yea does the denison work on units with navi...also the tsx is not listed as one of the cars it works with on the ebay list.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Elephantman_nosefacehead
Yea does the denison work on units with navi...also the tsx is not listed as one of the cars it works with on the ebay list.

The guy on ebay has several different icelink units for different cars. You have to find the listing on ebay with the TSX on the compatiblity list. Just go through all different listing and you should be able to find one with the TSX on it.

***Do not get the one WITHOUT the TSX on the compatibility list... it will NOT work***
Old 02-13-2007, 10:17 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by jerzpwr
The guy on ebay has several different icelink units for different cars. You have to find the listing on ebay with the TSX on the compatiblity list. Just go through all different listing and you should be able to find one with the TSX on it.

***Do not get the one WITHOUT the TSX on the compatibility list... it will NOT work***
can you post the link to one that does have the tsx listed as compatible? ive been going through the auctions none of them has the tsx listed
Old 02-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Where did my garage go?

i got mine in the mail today, I'll install it this weekend & follow-up when i'm done.
i can already tell that the instructions are not very helpful.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jchen1181
can you post the link to one that does have the tsx listed as compatible? ive been going through the auctions none of them has the tsx listed

Read the description for the words ACURA TSX if you can't find it then send them an email - sometimes you have to work a little to save a lot

I got mine... and it works great... $15 total investment
Old 02-16-2007, 12:55 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by fast1
Pretty much just like the USASpec I put in. The connector does have to be disconnected from the stereo as it is not just waiting in the back like the video would make it appear but you can see it plain as day once you get the tray out. I spent more time trying to get the tray out as it does fit there pretty tight but once you wrestle it out, it's a very easy install.
Can anyone give some specific instructions on removing the CD storage bin (just below the Nav screen) on a 2004 TSX?
Old 02-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BDevil
Can anyone give some specific instructions on removing the CD storage bin (just below the Nav screen) on a 2004 TSX?
I just installed the USA Spec ipod unit and it works great. I bascially just opened both the storage bin and the "this is not an astry" and you basically just put your thumbs under the bottom of the storage tray and grab it it tightly and just pull pretty hard and it iwll just pull out. There are two upper clips and 2 lower clips, so just pull. Make sure that you put masking tape or painters tape on the edge so it doesn't scratch the sides when you pull it out
Old 02-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Where did my garage go?

has anyone mounted the Denison cradle on the dash or console? I really don't want to drill any holes in my dash.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by stevezilla
has anyone mounted the Denison cradle on the dash or console? I really don't want to drill any holes in my dash.
Not me - I just leave the cradle sitting in the cd storage cubby. I left enough cord so the passenger (typically one of my 2 daughters) can play dj. I don't want any evidence that their is an iPod in the car. I pick a playlist or an album before I start rolling and start the tuneage. It works great...
Old 02-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Where did my garage go?

Originally Posted by brandt
Not me - I just leave the cradle sitting in the cd storage cubby... I don't want any evidence that their is an iPod in the car.
that's a good point. i was going to stuff the iPod dock/cradle under the radio once I'm rolling.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:26 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by jwood_06TSX
I just installed the USA Spec ipod unit and it works great. I bascially just opened both the storage bin and the "this is not an astry" and you basically just put your thumbs under the bottom of the storage tray and grab it it tightly and just pull pretty hard and it iwll just pull out. There are two upper clips and 2 lower clips, so just pull. Make sure that you put masking tape or painters tape on the edge so it doesn't scratch the sides when you pull it out
Thanx jwood! I am ordering the USA Spec Unit today, glad to hear yours works well. I will give the CD bin a "tug" (with painters tape in place!)
Old 02-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Racer

JUST IN!!! The new Neo I-POD Prolink can Support TEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Racer

There is only one problem!..... you have to disconnect you SAT radio.

Does anybody have it yet for their TSX w/ Navi?

Quick Reply: Neo iPod Adapter advertisement featuring a TSX!!