NE1 knows a 3M paint protection dealers in the tri-state area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can NE1 recommends a shop that does the 3m paint protection at a reasonable price in the tri-state area especially in Philadelphia. A local shop quoted me $480 install just for the front bumper(extended coverage) and $800 for the bumper and hood, fenders and mirrors(extended coverage) and includes the fog lights/headlights as the whole kits, they are one of Xpel dealers. Are these prices seem reasonable or can I get a better deals elsewhere.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:15 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CGPTSX06
Can NE1 recommends a shop that does the 3m paint protection at a reasonable price in the tri-state area especially in Philadelphia. A local shop quoted me $480 install just for the front bumper(extended coverage) and $800 for the bumper and hood, fenders and mirrors(extended coverage) and includes the fog lights/headlights as the whole kits, they are one of Xpel dealers. Are these prices seem reasonable or can I get a better deals elsewhere.
I did some looking a few months ago, my notes are a little sketchy, so you might need to do some additional research. These should be prices on 'full' kits, which I think were bumper, hood, mirrors, maybe lights as well (not positive on this).

Broadband Graphics - $600
ClearMagic (maybe Allentown) - $825
Brandywine Porche (maybe Clear Choice Detailing) - $680
Dents2us@verizon.net (609-647-6065) - $650

Jeff
Old 07-26-2006, 08:23 AM
jpt
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CGPTSX06
Those are actually pretty good installed prices.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:35 PM
8th Gear

Please be sure to provide an update if and when you decide to get the work done.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Cruisin'

Just to let you guys know, I had called the only 3M XPel authorized installer in my immediate area before I took delivery of my TSX on Saturday. They quoted me $595 for the hood, bumper, and mirrors, and another $55 for the headlights. When I went in to the dealer for my pick-up, I asked if they also did clear bra installation. They checked with the service area and said yes, they do it for $699. So I told them I had gotten a quote of $595 at the other place, and they came back and agreed to match that. So maybe see if your original dealer will do it if you can give them a price to match, especially if the dealer is more local to you!
Old 08-15-2006, 05:52 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by blubird
Just to let you guys know, I had called the only 3M XPel authorized installer in my immediate area before I took delivery of my TSX on Saturday. They quoted me $595 for the hood, bumper, and mirrors, and another $55 for the headlights. When I went in to the dealer for my pick-up, I asked if they also did clear bra installation. They checked with the service area and said yes, they do it for $699. So I told them I had gotten a quote of $595 at the other place, and they came back and agreed to match that. So maybe see if your original dealer will do it if you can give them a price to match, especially if the dealer is more local to you!

Feeding off of what Blubird provided.... I was also interested in "Clear Bra". I will pick my car up on Thursday I'm really excited!!! I questioned about the protection and was advised that the dealer has a similiar product made by DuPont/3M. It does protects the interior from staining and the entire exterior where "Clear Bra" only protects a portion. It also includes a 5 year warranty. If the damage can not be corrected - they will replace the carpeting/seats and/or repaint the car if need be.

I was informed that there is a speacial for the month of August. I do not know if this is strictly for Sussman Acura in Maple Shade.... but the price is $496.

It is something to look into imo Also - they have a sample so that you can see the exterior of the car that has the protection. Only partial of the floor model vehicle is protected so that you can immediately compare the difference.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:56 PM
Cruisin'

I've put up photos of the clear bra on my car. It took 3 hours for them to install - I just dropped it off at the dealer after work and picked it up the following day. But it's been raining here almost everyday, so I covered the hood and mirrors with clean plastic yard bags to keep it dry while it cured!! I hope it's ok! Anyway, Road block offers lifetime warranty against yellowing. However, I was told there is a problem with yellowing on white cars. They are either going to discontinue the warranty for yellowing on white cars soon or they are not doing white cars alltogether! I don't quite remember - I stopped paying attention when my salesperson was explaining it cuz I just thought, "Phew! Good thing I got this done ASAP!" It's probably just that particular installer though?

Pics:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...t=10405&page=2