Navigation - Incorrect Gas Station Position

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 12:17 AM
TSXer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Navigation - Incorrect Gas Station Position

Sorry if this is a repost, I did a search and couldn't find anyone describing a similar issue.

I have a 2006 CGP AT w/NAV. I've set my Navi to provide Split Screen Guidance (where the map is always displayed on the left of the screen and the maneuver or direction list is displayed on the right).

I've noticed that the right side of the screen often displays Gas Stations or other icons along with the maneuver. (Its common for Gas Stations to be located at a corner which is why I've noticed them the most). However the problem is 9 times out of 10, the gas station is displayed in the wrong corner!

Initially I used to think.....hmmm maybe there was a Gas station there which has now been relocated and the map hasn't been updated. However over time I've noticed that the actual map displays the gas station in the correct location! Its just the split screen that seems to have a bug.

Not that this is anything more than a very minor annoyance, but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this too.

With that being said, I just love the Acura/Honda Navi system. Definitely is the best OEM one out there and was one of the major decision factors when I got my TSX.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Spy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've noticed several wrong locations on the regular map for things like gas stations (I've worked at the same place for 6 years) and it tells me there is/was a gas station at one point where there is no gas station. I have also gotten wrong directions from the NAVI (same street but the address was off by about 3 miles) and I have been told to turn in the wrong direction by the NAVI (It told me highway entrance on the right, but the entrance was on the left. Didn't notice the map at the time since I was driving). The NAVI is close, but not perfect.