Navi TSX owners in Vancouver... thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 03:59 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Navi TSX owners in Vancouver... thoughts?

Hi all, been following these forums for a while now since I'm contemplating the purchase of an 06 TSX...

Was wondering whether or not anyone could share some personal thoughts on whether or not the navi system is worth the price of admission on a daily driver in Vancouver and the surrounding areas?

I understand that each person has different needs, but having never owned a car with navi installed, I was hoping some of you might be able to shed some light on whether or not you regretted the decision to pony up for the navi, or whether you are thankful that you did and why. The main reason that I'm asking is because I am struggling with whether or not I can justify the additional cost, and I can't really think of any reason why I would need it since I know Vancouver quite well. But again, having never owned a car with navi in the past, I wouldn't want to miss out on the opportunity to include it in my purchase if it's of some great benefit that i just don't realize yet.

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Banned

The Nav Worthness Topic - again.....

Originally Posted by Low Profile
Hi all, been following these forums for a while now....
You're also supposed to SEARCH.

I was going to tell you a story of how Navi help me just late last night but then I realize EVERY SINGLE Navi owner has bunch of "testimonies" - and this topic has been discussed to death.

Just do a very simple search and prepare to spend the entire weekend reading it if you like.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:31 PM
5th Gear

Thanks for your tip, still finding my way around here and realized that search is enabled now that I'm registered.

Would still love to hear your story from late last night since I'm sure I won't be able to find that no matter how hard I search if you haven't posted it...
Old 03-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Instructor

Thanks for your tip, still finding my way around here and realized that search is enabled now that I'm registered.

Would still love to hear your story from late last night since I'm sure I won't be able to find that no matter how hard I search if you haven't posted it...
yo,bud,depends on you go to other cities a lot or not right? if you need to go from richmond to maple ridge,or like from west van to delta,then the navi is good I guess.I don't have navi on my car,the only reason I didn't get navi is the price.I am thinking about getting a dvd player with navi off ebay or somewhere.Which will be a cheaper sollution.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Banned

OK, this story is about how Navi benefited not just me but OTHER people as well.

Friend is moving to another house.
Several people came to help, finished loading the big truck and ready to head out to new location @ round 11 PM.

But trucks are not allowed on the parkway. So direct route anyone knows about is pretty much useless.

New location is in a very wooded area, mostly small back roads and obviously VERY dark.

So no one was 100% sure how to get there.

Navi came to the rescue - so I was the lead car, 3 other cars and the big truck following me.

I selected "Minimize Freeways" option and it skipped the parkway.
Driving in pitch darkness, I didn't need to look out for street signs, no need to look out for the next turn, Navi told me ahead of time exactly WHEN and WHERE to make turns all I had to do was look out for &%%$@# deers and control my speed.

The feeling of confidence of just get in the car and go and knowing exactly where you are and how to get where you're going is just pure joy.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Advanced

I was seriously considering it when I bought my car two months ago -- it was pretty expensive and I had a hard time rationalizing it. The decision was made easier when I was told there weren't any available in the Vancouver area until March. I have two other Garmin GPS, including a C320 that work well for travel. I'm sure once you have the factory NAVI you wouldn't want to go back.

Richmond Acura has a black '05 AT w/ parchment leather still sitting on the lot...
Old 03-24-2006, 12:18 AM
Instructor

I have an '05 with Navi, moved up here last August from L.A. Being unfamiliar with the area, the Navi is great! Just out of curiousity, what's the price difference between non-Navi/Navi in Canada? I find it rare for TSX owners in Canada to have Navi...but like someone said, once you have it, you'd never go back.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Canuck

Originally Posted by kammerz
I have an '05 with Navi, moved up here last August from L.A. Being unfamiliar with the area, the Navi is great! Just out of curiousity, what's the price difference between non-Navi/Navi in Canada? I find it rare for TSX owners in Canada to have Navi...but like someone said, once you have it, you'd never go back.
It's about a $3500 CDN option on top of the price of the car. It's kinda rare because we didn't get NAVI until the 2005 model. They never offered NAVI on the 2004.

I personally bought my car without even setting eyes on the NAVI system. My friends all have G35's with NAVI's and I knew I wanted it. Thank god I did because it's just a whole different car with a NAVI system. (Test drove non-navi)