NAVI ----> DVD Conversion... ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 10:52 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAVI ----> DVD Conversion... ?

Hello to all member of Acurazine,

I would like to find a person...anyone who is able to do the NAVI to DVD install on my 2004 TL with NAVI...

I am desperate to find someone who can do this job... I know there are a few places in the US that can do it but here in Montreal, I am having a very difficult time finding someone to help me out with this...

PLEASE if anyone has any info whatsoever or any suggestions, I would truly appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thank you so much.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:55 AM
The Power of a Grill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do you mean dom's converter? if so, just do it yourself. not that difficult. just follow directions and find some pictures here on the forum. seriously, i did not think that i could do it myself, but i did and it was relatively easy. just plan it out and DIY.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:10 AM
Intermediate

i got it done and i regret getting it done.... the resolution kinda sux cuz it picks up static from engine or something.... and i think it costed too much. i paid 1400 canadian to have the converter and fm modulator in my car wif the ps2 but 1400 doesn't include the price of ps2... i think i could have juss bought tv. but honestly i will never buy tvs in the car its most pointless thing u can get now instead i wish i got nice rims
Old 08-31-2005, 09:31 AM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Namz… whoever installed your setup should've just put in a power filter --- that would've cut out the "noise" (i.e. static) that you're seeing on your nav screen. You can pick one up yourself for cheap at any local Radio Shack. $1400 CDN (~$1130 USD?) seems like a lot for installation though. Did you get an RGB converter, or the AVElectronics unit? How much did they charge for labor???

5AT… I'd volunteer to help you out, bud, but unfortnately, you're all the way in Montreal, and I’m in NJ… I just ordered my RGB converter yesterday, so I'm hoping to put everything on this Labor Day weekend. It really isn't too bad of an install. Assuming you have some basic tools, you should be able to put it in yourself, provided you can follow instructions well...
Old 08-31-2005, 11:56 AM
The Power of a Grill

items i needed to install:
inline power filter $15
dom's nav converter $115
in dash dvd/mp3 player (3/4 din to fit in center pocket) $110
PIE auxillary audio converter and Y adapter $100
wire cutter/crimper $10
extra wire spool $3
screwdriver - phillips for screws, flat to pull out panels (with a towel)
10mm socket (to ground the wires to wall)
to connect the wires - electrical tape, crimpers, or saudering iron
rocker switch to match interior - $2
flashlight
install DIY
total = $325
Old 08-31-2005, 12:07 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Originally Posted by San-AnT
items i needed to install:
inline power filter $15
dom's nav converter $115
in dash dvd/mp3 player (3/4 din to fit in center pocket) $110
PIE auxillary audio converter and Y adapter $100
wire cutter/crimper $10
extra wire spool $3
screwdriver - phillips for screws, flat to pull out panels (with a towel)
10mm socket (to ground the wires to wall)
to connect the wires - electrical tape, crimpers, or saudering iron
rocker switch to match interior - $2
flashlight
install DIY
total = $325
San... a few quick questions --- the prices you listed are pretty good

1) Where'd you get your inline power filter (brand/model)? I'd prefer to go with one that someone else has used in their Acura with success.
2) I found a 3/4 DIN player to fit in the pocket (M&D), but it was ~$140... what brand did you pick up for only $110?
3) The rocker switch you used to match the interior... was it a SPDT? Everything I found was a red button or a toggle switch design. Where'd you pick that up?
Old 08-31-2005, 05:46 PM
The Power of a Grill

Originally Posted by amadeus303
San... a few quick questions --- the prices you listed are pretty good

1) Where'd you get your inline power filter (brand/model)? I'd prefer to go with one that someone else has used in their Acura with success.
2) I found a 3/4 DIN player to fit in the pocket (M&D), but it was ~$140... what brand did you pick up for only $110?
3) The rocker switch you used to match the interior... was it a SPDT? Everything I found was a red button or a toggle switch design. Where'd you pick that up?
1. the inline power is from radio shack. I actually got it on sale but i think the regular price is about $18
2. the dvd player i bought is a pyle. it was $95 before shipping. it is a discontinued model but still for sale on some web sites. i will check the model number so you can do a search when i get home. they make one with an fm modulator inside, but i got the one w/out because i liked the color better. i liked it also because it has a front auxilary input jack and th unit came with the audio/video wires to connect to the jack, if i happen to want to plug in my ipod.
3. the rocker switch is from auto zone, but they have the same type at radio shack also. i was worried that it wouldnt fit in the little button cover next to the VSA, but i was patient with the dremel and it worked out fine. black plastic. I have ordered two black plastic covers because my car is parchment and the two left are black (moonroof and vsa) and the right two are parchment. i want all four black.

i will take pictures of the install - minus the kickpanel wiring, that has already been done - when i can find my camera...i think it's at my brother's house....