TSX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by matelot
dont spend it on engine oil gauge man, you already got one

Old 05-16-2005, 06:38 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by dP-
Speaking as a fellow GTA'er, the navi is well worth it. I haven't tried taking the car outside of the GTA yet, but the DVD covers most of the places I would go in Canada (East of Ontario). I think there is missing provinces, but do you really think you're going to drive to them (Praries)
For over $3k I should think all major cities in Canada would have detailed coverage.

On my PocketPC with GPS, Winnpeg(pop around 500,000 I think) is represented by a dot next to a highway.

Is it the same with your Navi ? If so, I guess Acura doesn't sell too many cars with Navi in Manitoba !

You mentioned GTA. Okay, lets say you wanted to drive from there to where I am in Ottawa. I'm guessing Trenton, Belleville, and Kingston are all missing too right ?
Old 05-17-2005, 09:15 AM
dP-
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Flavious
For over $3k I should think all major cities in Canada would have detailed coverage.

On my PocketPC with GPS, Winnpeg(pop around 500,000 I think) is represented by a dot next to a highway.

Is it the same with your Navi ? If so, I guess Acura doesn't sell too many cars with Navi in Manitoba !

You mentioned GTA. Okay, lets say you wanted to drive from there to where I am in Ottawa. I'm guessing Trenton, Belleville, and Kingston are all missing too right ?
Not sure how much coverage of the 'Peg it has. I do think the major cities in Toronto, Trenton, Kingston would have coverage (ie. maps) however the points of interest would probably not be as good. I'm guessing here since again, haven't had a chance to take it out. Going by what the Acura website has for coverage on the TL/MDX revised DVD, it looks alot like the coverage that was listed in my navi owners manual.

http://www.acura.ca/AcuraEng/Owners/...navupdates.htm
Old 05-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by drunkenbuda
Touch screen! Come on! Not to mention you could mod it and watch DVDs!
how much does it cost to mod the Navi to watch TV or play DVD? can Acura dealer do it for you?
Old 05-17-2005, 03:45 PM
10th Gear

i wish i got my tsx with nav.
do you know if its possible for me to put in a factory nav system?
Old 05-17-2005, 04:21 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by BoredSer
i wish i got my tsx with nav.
do you know if its possible for me to put in a factory nav system?
https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/non-navi-navi-install-complete-me-long-read-lots-pics-292466/

Searching does a body good
Old 05-17-2005, 04:23 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
There are seveal well-written threads debating this question.

I agree with the "look of the car" post above, and I do use it fairly often.

My wife actually races the ETA in the corner of the screen : )

But if you're trying to do a ROI calculation, it won't pencil.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:15 PM
|____\\===(/\)===//____|

I tried it at the dealership and I just could not justify spending 2-3K on a navi when I took out a map maybe once in a whole year. I do understand that the dash would look better but I would rather put that money in RRSP's or as a cash down on my car loan (witch I did.)

With that kind of thinking I am starting to wonder why I do not drive a Hyundai Accent... NOT!

J-F
Old 05-18-2005, 12:09 AM
Got Phó?

Well, not everyone would want a Navi, thats why there're two choice to chosse from. But i sure love my Navi, its my everyday tool.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:32 AM
Banned

Navi.....made me almost get into accidents or hit something few times
Old 05-18-2005, 12:36 AM
Advanced

I got the Navi because I was really wowed with the demo of it on my first test drive in a TSX. I thought my wife would think it was an extravagance. But now we know we don't have to look something up, print it out, etc. before going to a new restaurant or any new place. Just put in the name/intersection/address/category (however you want to search) and you've got directions. I thought I wouldn't use it much--I was wrong. I use it all the time. It has saved me time and frustration. It's rarely fooled. I went to a get-together at a friend's house in a very out-of-the-way place up in the hills above Silicon Valley. The Navi got me ALMOST there, but the road itself was very confusing.
If I had gotten this car primarily for my wife (or daughter), I would absolutely get Navi, because it would be a major safety feature: just punch "go home"--you're never lost. Need a gas station or ATM? You got it. I could go on, but you get the picture. I would be kicking myself if I hadn't gotten the Navi--and my wife loves it too.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:34 PM
2004 TSX NAV 5AT MSM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I live in Columbus Ohio and recently travelled to Chicago, which is a city I have never been to before. Needless to say Chicago like any other big city is pretty crazy to drive in, especially if your not familiar with it. The NAV got me to and from Chicago without any problems, but where it really came in handy was after I arrived at my hotel. After we arrived at the hotel and got settled we decided to go out to dinner. Not being familiar with the area I consulted the NAV and looked for nearest resturants. That was nice, but the problem with that is it is hard to tell anything about the restuarant (unless you have been there before) until you get there. But the beauty of having Navigation is that you can drive around and explore all you want and not have to worry about getting lost. After we finished dinner all I had to do was tell it to go back to the hotel (which was on the list of destinations). It also came in handy while I was there to get me to a number of destinations. Chicago was really the most I have had to rely on it and it worked extremely well. There was a few instances when it wasn't particularly clear when getting on or off some freeways, but there was a lot of construction going on which might have been the issue. The great thing is that if you miss a turn it will reroute you based on where you are at. The amount of stess it cuts down when traveling through a city like this makes it a definate plus.

Every new car I buy from now on will have navigation, no question about it.