Naias

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 11:47 AM
Teh ?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Naias

That's the North American International Auto Show, and it's right around the corner now!
Man, I'm gettin' a giddy about it this year, what with all the supposed new models being shown this year. Nissan alone is coming with two or three production cars, Chrysler says they won't even say how many they got coming. Toyota is suppose to come with a bunch of preproduction cars... Arg!!! January is such a great month, what with football (college and superbowl), NBA season in full swing, college B-ball shaping up, and auto show and parties and... ahhh!!!!

I think... yea, I had too much coffee this morning... cause I really need to pee now.

Junkster, who wishes Denver hosted a big time auto show.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:50 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
I went last year but the 4 hour drive from Toronto for what you can basically see online for no trouble or money will have me staying at home this year and going to the Toronto AutoShow instead, which can hold its own.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm goin and I can't wait. I bought a new digital camera to take some pic's for everyone. Hopefully the HSC will be there, I'm dying to see that bad boy in person.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:33 PM
A-TSX Member

Folks,

Do people realize the significance of the NAIAS!?!?!

This marks the one year anniversary (close enough) of the 2003 NAIAS. This was the big show where Acura VP Dick Colliver introduced the new 2004 Acura TSX to the rest of the world while a rotating red milano TSX was oooi-ng and ahhhhhh-ing the crowd with gazillion camera flashes going on and off. In car-parody, that would be like using an EPT and finding out a baby is on the way. (Sorry, slow day. My brain is fried).

And okie, maybe someone us found out about TSX a lot earlier like when Justin scanned for us the TSX mini-brochures on the other site. But my point is this is a significant event and that we all should find a way to "observe" it in our own special way.

BTW, I won't be going to 2004 NAIAS.
:P
Old 12-20-2003, 10:08 AM
That blowed up real good!

The NAIAS is a very big deal in these parts. It's a month long production with TV specials, celebrity show-ups and swarms of press people congregating on a 'sardine packed' Detroit Cobo Hall.

If you don't go early on a weekday, be prepared to wait in long lines on the weekend and don't expect quality time alone with the crowd favs. Even so, I wouldn't miss out on seeing the most new autos in the same room this side of Tokyo.

We may have the NAIAS Junkster, but you've got the fresh powdery Rockies! I'll trade ya.
Old 12-20-2003, 01:38 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I suppose I should volunteer to be one of the reporters at the NAIAS (the Detroit Auto Show. ). I really do like seeing the concept cars, but moreoever, I tend to pay closer attention to new features that they add in next-year model cars (i.e. 2005 TSX versus a 2004 TSX). Then I get jealous and want to get a new car again!

/The cycle goes on an on...
Old 12-20-2003, 09:44 PM
Racer

I go every year with my son - it is the high point of the year. Last year, I saw the tsx for the 1sttime, never even having heard of it previously. It being Detroit, there was NOBODY around the Acura display when we were there. I saw the T and said 'what the hell is this? Ordered one 6 monts later and love it.

Honda will also be shgowing their pickup truck here. Last year when they showed the element, its plastic fenders were a mess -totally scratched to hell. A local honda dealer ewas embarassed by the condition. Mind you, some people trash the cars on purpose, pulling knobs and switches off etc.