My brand new TSX...WRECKED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 08:25 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gbm
We were both stopped at the traffic light, and then, instead of going forward he backed up full speed into the front of my car. God...I'm depressed.
what state is this...that will not give you a report since yur not hospitalize?
I think it is a good idea to have a police statement in it...
Old 12-13-2006, 12:13 PM
gbm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by danslvpt
what state is this...that will not give you a report since yur not hospitalize?
I think it is a good idea to have a police statement in it...
I'm in Maryland, but now I've found out that it was on private property.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Undercover Slacker

you have my fullest sympathies...
Old 12-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Chaplain on call

Unhappy Somebody hurt your baby!

I am so sorry to hear that. I've only had mine less than two months & I don't know what I would do if that happened to me.

I have a little bit of an idea about how you must feel, two months ago I totalled my Suzuki Burgman 650cc bike, I felt so guilty about it because she had given me such loyal service. Had her less than 1 1/2yrs.

I hope you have her fixed soon.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:49 PM
gbm
Intermediate

Thanks for your support, guys! I'm still pissed off about the whole thing, but what can I do at this point? I'm taking it into the shop this friday. It's called Turnersville Auto Collision Center in New Jersey. It's a huge auto mall with a body shop on sight. Does anybody have any experience with this shop?
Old 12-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Team Nighthawk member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad you're alright! Sorry about the car though.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Racer

Just about every company will due total replacement cost on most cars 1 year or newer, but it has to be totaled Any reputable body shop should be able to match perfectly since its so new, 4 years out is where they have paint match issues. Have the guarantee the work and paint for the lifetime and get a good write up, cause it something is missed and it acts up later, you will have to pay out of pocket for it. Sorry for the loss man
Old 12-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by gbm
So I go to meet my insurance claim adjuster today, and on the way, I notice this creeking on the driver's side door when turning left. I've never had this creek before and I'm not even sure if it's the door. The whole car feels out of balance now. The claim adjuster looks over the car and estimates that only the bumper needs replacing, and the hood straightened and repainted. I tell him there's no way I will take any less than a brand new hood, and he says unless the shop says so he doesn't think so. I tell him that my door creeks now. He says that can be covered by warranty. I tell him there's more pronounced engine vibration coming from the steering wheel. He says he doesn't see how the accident and that could be related. Is this normal? I thought I could basically dictate I want the car fixed.
This sounds normal.

They will only do what's necessary. You can ask, but they don't have to give to you. It's the insurance company paying. I don't think they're going to pay more than they have to....

Our hood was also bent out of shape. They straighten it too.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:31 PM
gbm
Intermediate

Talked to the manager of the Turnersville Collision Center on the phone, today. He was very professional and courteous. I told him about my worries, and he told me that once I come and see the set up they have he's confident that I will be more than happy about choosing them to work on my car. I certainly hope so...
Old 12-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Police report unneccessary unless injured?????
What the???
Um... in Georgia, the police will always make a report. I dont get it. Maybe it's different in different states, but if the police are involved, there will be a report.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:03 AM
seizure force field!

Received 115 Likes on 95 Posts
cops wont write a report here in cali either...

we called once after my uncle had a massive accident (no injuries) and the dispatcher refused to dispatch any officers onto the scene... I called again and said that there "might be injuries" and a cop showed up in about 10 minutes...

next time that you are talking to your insurance claims guy... mention the Better Business Bureau, if that doesnt help, I dont know what will... It worked for me, lol.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Racer

Most large population states dont require police reports. Here, if you get in an accident on a public road, and dont remove the vehicle (assuming you can), you will get a pretty large ticket. Most larger city Highway and traffic policed are trained to read the scene of an accident to determine fault and cause, most actually spend a fair amount of time being trained for this.

You never get to dictate to an adjuster, its more of a negotiation. He is going to do what he can to repair your vehicle, but not go out of his way to make sure its above and beyond. Lots of lowballing here. Its the body shops job to make futher determinations and work with you and the adjuster on further repairs. I cant speak for every company's adjusters out there, but most go through a lot of training and should be able to determine exact amounts of damage, but I would never tell someone a noise would be covered under warranty. The adjuster is the second line of defense for a company saving money, the underwriter being the first.

That being said, dont ever give them the last word if you are unhappy, insurance by design is supposed to return you to the exact position you were before the wreck happened, never gaining anything, never losing anything. Sadly, there are some companies that are known for being terrible at claims...Due to my job, I wouldnt post it in a public forum, but if you ever have questions, shoot me a PM.

Hope things go well for you
Old 12-14-2006, 01:54 AM
gbm
Intermediate

Thanks L1Star, this is my first accident, and I'm sure I will come up with lots of questions. I'll see how it goes after I bring it to the shop on Friday. There is a white TSX parked in the street facing me where I can see from my balcony. It's laughing at me with its intact front-end...
Old 12-14-2006, 07:02 PM
gbm
Intermediate

Ok, guys, I have a question that calls for your collective wisdom. Thinking aside from the impending repair for a moment, what do you think is the best way for me to get a new TSX without spending too much money?
after the repair...
1. trade it in for a '07.
2. wait a couple of years and trade it in for the new model in '09 or '10

I only have 400 miles on this brand spanking new car.
Thanks in advance...
Old 12-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by gbm
Ok, guys, I have a question that calls for your collective wisdom. Thinking aside from the impending repair for a moment, what do you think is the best way for me to get a new TSX without spending too much money?
after the repair...
1. trade it in for a '07.
2. wait a couple of years and trade it in for the new model in '09 or '10

I only have 400 miles on this brand spanking new car.
Thanks in advance...
To answer your question, I would say drive it for two years and sell it or trade it in for the new TSX which is rumored to be based on the concept '08 Euro Accord. I will skip the first year, so I am looking to get a new one in '09.

04 Auto/NBP/Parchment/No Navi
"dooor dings galore thanks to my wife parking it at Walmart and Target"
Old 01-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Intermediate

I am sad to hear that...I just found out my 4 day old 07 TSX got hit on the rear bumper when I parked my car on the street...hope this will make you feel better.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:41 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by gbm
Thanks for your concerns. I'm physically fine for now, but I plan on visiting a doctor first thing Monday morning. I'm just really upset, because this is my first car, and this car gives me every enjoyment I wanted. It really hurts to see my baby disconfigured. I've already talked to my insurance agent, and everything seems fine. My lawyer will file a claim that will take its depreciated value into account, but no TSX deserves such a stupid accident! By the way, I've learned that Nissan Xterra is much stronger than our nimble TSX.

I learned that same lesson not too long ago in my new TSX -- see my thread. I got hit by an Accord and he caused me to hit the rear of a damn XTerra -- the XTerra's hitch went into my grill and caused my bumper some pain.

But -- I also learned that the TSX's rear end is a lot tougher than the front end of a 1995 Accord!! So --- ha!!!