My brand new TSX...WRECKED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 06:31 PM
gbm
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My brand new TSX...WRECKED!!!

OMG...I can't believe this! Some idiot decided to back up full speed while standing and ruined the front of my brand new TSX! I don't even have the license plate, yet! The front bumper is torn in the middle and the hood is crumpled to about 6 inches. Now the engine doesn't sound as smooth as before. Tried to get the police to write a report, but the police refused, saying that it's unnecessary unless I'm hospitalized. What's the best possible way to be compensated for this? Is there anyway to get the insurance (his or mine) to compensate me for a whole new car since it's brand new? Considering that the resale value will now be next to nothing? HELP!!!! I think I'm gonna go and cry now...
Old 12-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Racer

I'm sorry, If I were you....(*&&#(@)@)
Old 12-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Have camera, will travel

Sorry to hear that. You need to get your insurance company involved so they can pursue action against the other drivers insurance company. Shouldn't be that big a deal to get it resolved. It's unlikely they'll declare the car a total if the cost of the damage doesn't exceed the value of the car.

Glad nobody got hurt.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Hailing from the 3-0-5

Sorry to hear that, dude! Don't let that sucker get away! He must PAY!
Old 12-09-2006, 08:16 PM
gbm
Intermediate

Thanks for your concerns. I'm physically fine for now, but I plan on visiting a doctor first thing Monday morning. I'm just really upset, because this is my first car, and this car gives me every enjoyment I wanted. It really hurts to see my baby disconfigured. I've already talked to my insurance agent, and everything seems fine. My lawyer will file a claim that will take its depreciated value into account, but no TSX deserves such a stupid accident! By the way, I've learned that Nissan Xterra is much stronger than our nimble TSX.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Racer

Really sorry to hear that.

We had that happen to our 05 Camry. The other driver's insurance paid for everything, but our car's depreciated for sure. Good thing that your lawyer will go after depreciated value. I didn't even think of that (and I'm not even sure that's done in Canada? haha)

Let us know how it works out. I'm especially interested in that option of suing for depreciated value.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:32 PM
06 GBM AT TSX + 35% TINT

Dang sorry to hear, at least no one got hurt.

sad to see a fellow glacier blue metalic driver get into accident.

oh btw, who's your insurance company? I heard Allstate does new car replacement thing
Old 12-09-2006, 08:58 PM
gbm
Intermediate

I do have Allstate. However, the car isn't totalled so I doubt if I will be eligible for that coverage. I haven't looked inside, but from the exterior, the hood was crumpled in the front and then warped throughout and the bumper was partially cut in the middle. What a pain to look at! Glacier Blue is indeed a beautiful color. I remember thinking looking at my car in the sun today, 'what a beauty!' Who knew this would happen 2 hours later! Do you think they will be able to match the paint? Will they ship the parts painted from factory? I think it's logical to pursue action for depreciated value. What do you think?
Old 12-09-2006, 09:31 PM
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
a good body shop will match the paint up pretty good, especially since your car is new it shouldn't be a problem..as there won't be any paint fade..

i've learned that in Washington DC or PG County, MD. if you get injured and are taken to the hospital then a police report will be written and the accident will be investigated...if you don't claim any injury on the spot the officer will just get each driver's info and pass it along...
Old 12-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
demand full OEM factory replacement parts for everything, don't just get it repaired. I'd give sympathy if it was a driving accident, but for someone to back full speed into your car just shouldn't have happened...he was standing you say?!
Old 12-09-2006, 11:00 PM
gbm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by acn684
demand full OEM factory replacement parts for everything, don't just get it repaired. I'd give sympathy if it was a driving accident, but for someone to back full speed into your car just shouldn't have happened...he was standing you say?!
Full OEM factory replacement? Do the bumpers and the hood come painted, and from Japan? I certainly hope so...I just wonder if anything else has been damaged that will cause problems in the long run. One thing for sure, there's no OEM replacement for this broken heart.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:09 PM
gbm
Intermediate

Yes, we were both standing...I was about 6 ft behind him. I think he was talking to his friend and just decided to back up without looking. It alll happened so fast. It was simply stupid. I still can't believe it.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by gbm
Full OEM factory replacement? Do the bumpers and the hood come painted, and from Japan? I certainly hope so...I just wonder if anything else has been damaged that will cause problems in the long run. One thing for sure, there's no OEM replacement for this broken heart.
No, parts have to be paint matched here at a body shop. Just find a good one and it should come out fine. Sorry to hear of your unfortunate mishap.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:31 AM
TSX 1138

What state are you in that the police wouldn't make the report? I'm in NY and whenever (thankfully not in a long time) I've been involved in an accident, I've always waited for the police to come and write it up if the other person was at fault.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:50 AM
gbm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BoxedUp
What state are you in that the police wouldn't make the report? I'm in NY and whenever (thankfully not in a long time) I've been involved in an accident, I've always waited for the police to come and write it up if the other person was at fault.
I know, I know. I'm in Maryland right now, and I'd talked to more than one cop. They said unless I'm bleeding they won't right a report. I should've punched myself in the face...
Old 12-10-2006, 09:55 AM
TSX 1138

Originally Posted by gbm
I know, I know. I'm in Maryland right now, and I'd talked to more than one cop. They said unless I'm bleeding they won't right a report. I should've punched myself in the face...
Or else have your friend help you out :troutslap
Old 12-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Advanced

Unhappy

Originally Posted by gbm

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. The sucker with X-terra needs to pay for his stupidity. Take it to a good body shop. I took mine to PIE's in Ellicott City for have my bumper painted for minor scratches. They totally screwed up the paint job. I had to point out the runs and dust stuck to the paint. DON'T take your car to PIE'S in Ellicott City.BTW, this was the collision shop the ACURA dealer uses for their mishaps. They did NOT do a good job.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:12 AM
gbm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by acutsx
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. The sucker with X-terra needs to pay for his stupidity. Take it to a good body shop. I took mine to PIE's in Ellicott City for have my bumper painted for minor scratches. They totally screwed up the paint job. I had to point out the runs and dust stuck to the paint. DON'T take your car to PIE'S in Ellicott City.BTW, this was the collision shop the ACURA dealer uses for their mishaps. They did NOT do a good job.
Are you serious?! I was gonna take it to the Acura dealer in Ellicott City to do the repair! Thanks for posting. I wouldn't have known otherwise. I guess I will take it to where I had bought it in NJ. But I really don't want to drive the damaged car that far. I don't know what to do...
Old 12-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Doesn't Rice His Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about your misfortune gbm. It sucks that it was on a brand spankin new car too.

What's backing up while standing up??
Old 12-10-2006, 12:52 PM
gbm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by studville
Sorry to hear about your misfortune gbm. It sucks that it was on a brand spankin new car too.

What's backing up while standing up??
We were both stopped at the traffic light, and then, instead of going forward he backed up full speed into the front of my car. God...I'm depressed.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gbm, use ur acura TLC thing, call them and see if they can have a tow pick up and drop it off at the dealer u want.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Racer

Ask around for a good body shop (like on this forum if you haven't already)

Our Camry was repaired at a Lexus bodyshop. Quality was excellent and service was great. The front end was smashed and bumper fell off. The fittment of pieces is even better than on my never-damaged TSX.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:05 PM
gbm
Intermediate

I'm not sure if they can match the paint perfectly. Glacier Blue is a rare color...I personally haven't seen anyboby else driving it. Do you think the insurance will pay for its depreciation value? What are the best ways to get compensated? I've already filed a claim on both mine and the other guy's. I'll be talking to my lawyer tomorrow for physical and emotional damages. Is there anything else I should do besides going over to the guy's place and burn his house to the ground and leaving the ashes spelled "TSX" if you see it from the sky?
Old 12-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Racer

Insurance will not cover for depreciated value (at least not in Canada). Ask your insurance company to be sure though. If you lawyer thinks you have a case for suing, that might be a good idea, especially if you think he can pay up.

Ask the potential bodyshops how they intend to match your paint. I find asking a lot of questions and talking to the managers are best. You can get an idea quickly sometimes who you *dont* want touching your car.....
Old 12-11-2006, 12:29 AM
gbm
Intermediate

Now, I have a serious question, guys. I really don't have any experience in buying OEM parts so this may sound dumb to you, but anyways, is it possible to buy the OEM parts and have it come painted so it won't be at the mercy of untrustworthy bodyshops? I'm talking cost no object here...
Old 12-11-2006, 01:09 AM
Instructor

actually, when i got into an accident in my sentra....they did give me OEM factory pre-painted parts and have them shipped to the shop, so i'm thinking it should be the same process w/ the tsx
Old 12-11-2006, 01:26 AM
Instructor

Wow! Painful, painful, painful! And to a sweet glacier blue...especially tragic!

When my spanking new glacier blue was rear ended (both at fault) I nearly died even though it was just a few scratches and chips. Can't imagine the torment, my glacier blue brother...
Old 12-11-2006, 01:29 AM
06 GBM AT TSX + 35% TINT

Originally Posted by yeefuchew
Wow! Painful, painful, painful! And to a sweet glacier blue...especially tragic!

When my spanking new glacier blue was rear ended (both at fault) I nearly died even though it was just a few scratches and chips. Can't imagine the torment, my glacier blue brother...
wow it looks like there are more than 2 gbm drivers sweet!!! maybe we should start gbm drivers unite thread. just for the heck of it.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by gtg710w
wow it looks like there are more than 2 gbm drivers sweet!!! maybe we should start gbm drivers unite thread. just for the heck of it.
Yeah, go glacier blue!
Old 12-11-2006, 03:18 PM
gbm
Intermediate

Absolutely! We should definitely start a GBM unite thread! Now, I've talked to my insurance agent this morning, and she was so sympathetic! She said that I can choose my own body shop, and there is no question as to the parts being OEM, SHOULD I DECIDE TO FIX MY CAR! Which means, she said, getting a new car replacement is not entirely out of the picture, since it's just sooo new! I just ran the engine this afternoon, and there's so much pronounced vibration coming through the wheels. And I could also hear a sort of rattling from the engine when sitting inside the car. I looked under the hood, but the internal parts seem to be intact when quickly schemed though. I'm just so pissed! I have avoided going down to my garage for the past 2 days. But looking at my distorted car makes me so angry again!
Old 12-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by gbm
Absolutely! We should definitely start a GBM unite thread! Now, I've talked to my insurance agent this morning, and she was so sympathetic! She said that I can choose my own body shop, and there is no question as to the parts being OEM, SHOULD I DECIDE TO FIX MY CAR! Which means, she said, getting a new car replacement is not entirely out of the picture, since it's just sooo new! I just ran the engine this afternoon, and there's so much pronounced vibration coming through the wheels. And I could also hear a sort of rattling from the engine when sitting inside the car. I looked under the hood, but the internal parts seem to be intact when quickly schemed though. I'm just so pissed! I have avoided going down to my garage for the past 2 days. But looking at my distorted car makes me so angry again!
That would definitely be sweet if you could get a new car. It hurts any time to have damage to your car, but when it's brand new, it hurts just a bit more....
Old 12-11-2006, 03:43 PM
gbm
Intermediate

Ok, before I take it to the insurance adjuster, I've taken some photos of the vehicle...
[IMG]IMG_1183.jpc[/IMG]
[IMG]IMG_1180.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]IMG_1158.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-11-2006, 03:51 PM
gbm
Intermediate

Ummm....how do I post pics?
Old 12-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Senior Moderator

www.imageshack.us

Upload pic, copy and paste URL into your post.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:59 PM
gbm
Intermediate

here you go...
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/421/img1180ke2.jpg
Old 12-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Advanced

^ Painful !!!
Old 12-12-2006, 09:55 PM
gbm
Intermediate

So I go to meet my insurance claim adjuster today, and on the way, I notice this creeking on the driver's side door when turning left. I've never had this creek before and I'm not even sure if it's the door. The whole car feels out of balance now. The claim adjuster looks over the car and estimates that only the bumper needs replacing, and the hood straightened and repainted. I tell him there's no way I will take any less than a brand new hood, and he says unless the shop says so he doesn't think so. I tell him that my door creeks now. He says that can be covered by warranty. I tell him there's more pronounced engine vibration coming from the steering wheel. He says he doesn't see how the accident and that could be related. Is this normal? I thought I could basically dictate I want the car fixed.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:41 PM
seizure force field!

Received 115 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by gbm
So I go to meet my insurance claim adjuster today, and on the way, I notice this creeking on the driver's side door when turning left. I've never had this creek before and I'm not even sure if it's the door. The whole car feels out of balance now. The claim adjuster looks over the car and estimates that only the bumper needs replacing, and the hood straightened and repainted. I tell him there's no way I will take any less than a brand new hood, and he says unless the shop says so he doesn't think so. I tell him that my door creeks now. He says that can be covered by warranty. I tell him there's more pronounced engine vibration coming from the steering wheel. He says he doesn't see how the accident and that could be related. Is this normal? I thought I could basically dictate I want the car fixed.
I had a hood replaced and it wasnt even as bad as your damage... I took it to a shop that was under the insurance list of shops, so I got a warranty on the work... the hood had a chip on the edge and I made them repaint the whole thing... I had to leave my car there a total of 5 times because it was not fixed to the condition it was prior to the damages (in my eyes, and the eyes of others as well)

take it to a shop that has both a mechanical/body work specialists, the shop I went to was like this. I would hesitate to recommend anyone to this shop since they messed up so many times, but I got what I wanted in the end.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:16 AM
gbm
Intermediate

I see...but what can I do about the damages that's not external...such as creeking?
Old 12-13-2006, 07:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by gbm
I see...but what can I do about the damages that's not external...such as creeking?
Definitely mention it to the shop when you take it and ask them to determine what is causing the creeking and the engine vibration (if they could have been caused by the accident, since they weren't there before this happened). See if the shop can work on your behalf, since it sounds like your insurance dude doesn't want to work with you.

Quick Reply: My brand new TSX...WRECKED!!!