My baby done left me...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 06:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My baby done left me...

Hi all,

Been a couple of months since I've logged in, but I wanted to share this with folks here because I think you all can sympathize, and as they say, misery loves company. My beautiful baby, CG/Qtz, 5AT, no-navi, was rudely removed from my driveway this morning, and remains missing. We had just celebrated our 1 year anniversary on Sept. 24th. Anyone know any good leg-breakers for when I find the MF'ers that took it?

So, until our boys in blue find it and let me know where I can pick it up, I'm tooling around in a Mazda 6. So far it really doesn't measure up. It is deceptively fast, but overall quality seems to be lacking.

Anyway, just wanted to whine. It really is my own damn fault for leaving the valet key in the armrest compartment, but why didn't I hear the freaking alarm??
Old 10-12-2004, 06:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts

Dude!! That sucks. I hope that you get the car back. It's why I got the Lo/Jack installed.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

good luck finding your baby! how it shows up soon

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004

Dude!! That sucks. I hope that you get the car back. It's why I got the Lo/Jack installed.
i was thinking about getting one as well, did you get it installed here or Cali? I've read VA is one of the few states that will reduce insurance for a lojack.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:54 PM
bleh...

That sucks man, its sad someone would have the nerve to steal it. It would be wise next time to put the valet key in the glovebox and lock it.

I hope the police find these thieves and retrieve your TSX.

Thieves can burn in hell!
Old 10-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by xizor
good luck finding your baby! how it shows up soon

i was thinking about getting one as well, did you get it installed here or Cali? I've read VA is one of the few states that will reduce insurance for a lojack.
I had it installed when I was in Cali. Worked it into the original terms of my lease. I got a discount for it in Cali and I believe I got a discount for it in VA.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:25 PM
Keeping emos out of

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry about your misfortune man, and no, its not whining. Those dirty rotten, low-down, yellow bellied car thieves should be drawn and quartered
Old 10-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Instructor

Sorry bout the misfortune, but look on the bright side, now you have an excuse to get an '05 and pay a little more and get a navi.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:36 PM
04 remembrance

Sorry to hear. Hope they find your TSX and the thieves...
Old 10-12-2004, 07:44 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by samir786
Sorry bout the misfortune, but look on the bright side, now you have an excuse to get an '05 and pay a little more and get a navi.
somebody's talking like a car salesman...
Old 10-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Faster, please.

That sucks bad. I hate the feeling of being thieved as I've had a previous car and apartment broken into. I feel for ya. Hopefully it will be found in one piece or your insurance will get you a new one. Good luck.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:55 PM
6th Gear

That sucks man! Sorry to hear that. Hope the police find your car safe and sound and the thieves cowering in some H*ll hole. Best of luck!
Old 10-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,858 Likes on 2,579 Posts
man that sucks i am really sorry to hear that i hope they find it soon.

since we are on the topic what is a lojack i dont know what it is can someone explain it to me.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tsx_j
That sucks man! Sorry to hear that. Hope the police find your car safe and sound and the thieves cowering in some H*ll hole. Best of luck!
hey im always in toronto i drove my tsx up there for the first time couple weeks back
nice place
Old 10-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Instructor

By the way we have to watch out for our Tsx their hot items on the theft lists. I live close to newark which is the capital for car thefts. I sleep with my ears open!
Sorry to hear abouth the stolen car I hope they get those Bastards!
Old 10-12-2004, 09:32 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mtnkill
Hi all,

Been a couple of months since I've logged in, but I wanted to share this with folks here because I think you all can sympathize, and as they say, misery loves company. My beautiful baby, CG/Qtz, 5AT, no-navi, was rudely removed from my driveway this morning, and remains missing. We had just celebrated our 1 year anniversary on Sept. 24th. Anyone know any good leg-breakers for when I find the MF'ers that took it?

So, until our boys in blue find it and let me know where I can pick it up, I'm tooling around in a Mazda 6. So far it really doesn't measure up. It is deceptively fast, but overall quality seems to be lacking.

Anyway, just wanted to whine. It really is my own damn fault for leaving the valet key in the armrest compartment, but why didn't I hear the freaking alarm??

Oh I hope you DON'T tell your insurance that.....I dunno if they would cover your car if that's the case...more negligence than anything, when my bf's car got stolen I remember them asking for all the keys for that reason or something...I would double check if I were you but it seems like someone knew it had to have been in there....hmmmm
Old 10-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Racer

I would love to take a baseball bat to the legs and arms and heads of the people who did this to you!!!
Old 10-12-2004, 09:38 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by gfd1182
hey im always in toronto i drove my tsx up there for the first time couple weeks back
nice place
It's a good city . Hopefully our TSXs are a safer here than in Newark
Old 10-12-2004, 09:39 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Wow that is awful. Sorry to hear it man
Old 10-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
ouch!!! that sux!! sorry to hear
Old 10-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Mud in your eye!

Sorry bout your luck...I can't imagine that.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:48 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
although I won't be suprised if tsx's start getting taken for the engines with k swaps becoming more common I don't think they broke in with the plans to take it. They just got lucky and hit on a car that had the key sitting waiting for them

Sorry about your car man, here's hoping they find it.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:03 PM
101 years of heartache...

i'm really sorry. hope they find the fags that stole it along with the car. you know what to do to them if they find them .
Old 10-12-2004, 11:21 PM
6MT Snob

Does the TSX remote have anti 'code-grabbing'?
Old 10-13-2004, 12:01 AM
Instructor

Dang that sucks really bad. I would imagine the alarm should sound...now I know.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:49 AM
Intermediate

damn my... that must hurt.. i feel bad.. i wouldn't want someone to take my baby from me.. i would crazy... best of luck for u mna. hope u find ur baby back.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:40 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone know any good leg-breakers for when I find the MF'ers that took it?
Ask Stokeless, he's A-TSX official tough-guy!

Otherwise, I'd be glad to break some leg...
Old 10-13-2004, 07:24 AM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
man that sucks i am really sorry to hear that i hope they find it soon.

since we are on the topic what is a lojack i dont know what it is can someone explain it to me.
"Lojack" is a proprietary name for a security device that, when activated by theft, emits a radio signal that can be detected by police that are outfitted with lojack detection tools. It is not cheap, and you have to confirm that the police in your area (where your car is most likely to be stolen) actually have lojack detection capabilities or there's no point. Their advertising would suggest that every police department everywhere has it, which is not yet the case, although they are making quite a push for that to be the case. That said, it is one of the most sophisticated detection systems out there. Most "onsite" alarm systems rely on sound and lights to attract attention; in my old neighborhood, where high humidity and occassional electrical storms could set these things off - along with jostling the car while parking - alarms are viewed as a nuisance, and few folks really pay attention to them, sadly enough - "the boy who cried fire" syndrome...................

http://www.lojack.com/find-a-dealer/dealerlocator.cfm

Thought about it when I parked on the streets of my quasi-trendy urban neighborhood, particularly after my wife's and my stepson's cars were stolen. One was undoubtedly in a chopshop within the hour, the other was used for a joyride, then torched and left in a crappy part of West Philly. Now that I live in a highrise, my car is garaged at night in a 24/7 valet park concession, and is parked during the day at Philadelphia's Navy Yard which still has sorta-military security at the front gate, so it's a non-issue now.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:33 AM
ric
Safety Car

Hi all,

It isn't whining, the only thing that is worse than walking out to get into a car that is not there is waking up and finding someone in your residence that is not an invited guest......... pretty much a direct violation of one's sense of self; you're entitled to be pissed.

If these guys were skilled hijackers, they may have been able to disable the alarm before the heist. The other thing you want to determine with the police is whether your neighborhood is currently being targeted by car thiefs; frequently these guys work a neighborhood until the whole area gets hyper, then move on.

While I wouldn't want to suggest defrauding the insurance company, I might suggest some level of plausible deniability on the presence of the valet key in the car itself.......... and, since that is how the car may have been taken (can't be sure), there is a lesson learned, which your post suggests you already have. (cgp/qartz w 5at - it is a sweet version of the TSX........)
Old 10-13-2004, 08:23 AM
Banned

sorry to hear that happened, mtnkill

Ask Stokeless, he's A-TSX official tough-guy!
Otherwise, I'd be glad to break some leg...
I thought it was domn, I thought he was a "made guy" ?
Old 10-13-2004, 08:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tipsy
damn my... that must hurt.. i feel bad.. i wouldn't want someone to take my baby from me.. i would crazy... best of luck for u mna. hope u find ur baby back.
your mama will take it away from ya if you do shiet in school.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:56 AM
B A N N E D

that sucks man, i have two friends that live in boston, and both their cars got stolen not too long ago. one ended up in the parking lot of bestbuy, and the other...idk where it is. prolly in some third world country by now.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:47 AM
Suzuka Master

:'(
Old 10-13-2004, 10:01 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by samir786
I've already considered this, depending on if they find my '04, and what condition it is found in. I had been interested in finding out what it would cost to get the heated mirrors installed on my '04, so getting an '05 would resolve that. The other updates don't really interest me that much:

As for the Navi, I wasn't interested in it before...still not. I'll take another look and see if my opinion has changed, but it's a $2000 toy that takes up too much of the console for my tastes. I can better spend the money elsewhere.

Bottom line was that I was very, very happy with my '04, so I really won't consider any replacement other than a new '05. Audi, BMW, Lexus, Merc., etc. all very nice cars, but after being in my TSX for a year, I have no desire to look elsewhere.

Originally Posted by soda
        Oh I hope you DON'T tell your insurance that.....I dunno if they would cover your car if that's the case...more negligence than anything, when my bf's car got stolen I remember them asking for all the keys for that reason or something
        I am a little concerned by this, and will have to check the fine print on my insurance contract, but the fact that the key wasn't in plain sight, the car was locked, etc. should hopefully carry some weight.
        Old 10-13-2004, 10:04 AM
        Obnoxious Philadelphian

I am a little concerned by this, and will have to check the fine print on my insurance contract, but the fact that the key wasn't in plain sight, the car was locked, etc. should hopefully carry some weight.
        Don't volunteer anything about your key.
        Old 10-13-2004, 11:57 AM
        Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
        That really sucks. Sorry to hear.

you -------- car thieves
        Old 10-13-2004, 12:49 PM
        ric
        Safety Car

So - the concensus of the thread:

You've got a right to be pissed:

a number of members of the thread will help you break legs:

AND DON'T TELL THE INSURANCE COMPANY ABOUT THE KEY IN THE CAR!!!!!!!!!
        Old 10-13-2004, 02:50 PM
        Intermediate

Sorry to hear about your loss....I feel your pain

My wife and I had a Passat in a previous life (a nightmare of repairs by the way) anyway, we took it in for its routine maintenance and got a call 2 hours later from the dealer saying that someone walked in off the street and drove away with our car - nice huh

The dealer never took responsibility (even though they kept the keys in the car unlocked and didn't have their 1 guard stop a total stranger from driving it away)

It turned out to be a blessing because we got rid of it but dealing with insurance is a pain and time suck

look at it as many have said as a way to upgrade to the '05 and add anything you missed the first time around (nav, etc.)

be well.
        Old 10-13-2004, 03:00 PM
        Team Owner

Originally Posted by tsxconvert
        Sorry to hear about your loss....I feel your pain

My wife and I had a Passat in a previous life (a nightmare of repairs by the way) anyway, we took it in for its routine maintenance and got a call 2 hours later from the dealer saying that someone walked in off the street and drove away with our car - nice huh

The dealer never took responsibility (even though they kept the keys in the car unlocked and didn't have their 1 guard stop a total stranger from driving it away)

It turned out to be a blessing because we got rid of it but dealing with insurance is a pain and time suck

look at it as many have said as a way to upgrade to the '05 and add anything you missed the first time around (nav, etc.)

be well.
        What dealer would be so damn irresponsible? That's just ridiculous. I'd bitch all the way up the chain to Germany if someone did that to my car.
        Old 10-13-2004, 04:08 PM
        Banned

hehheh, aber sprichst du deutsch ?
        Old 10-13-2004, 04:11 PM
        Team Owner

Kein aber das ist, warum wir das Internet haben.

Quick Reply: My baby done left me...