My 385 mile mark thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 11:54 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 385 mile mark thread

I noticed a few threads from owners who basically talked about their likes and dislikes, since i hit 385 miles today, i will add my

I LOVE my car!!!!!!!!

except for these few miniscuel items..

I think i heard my first rattle today, from the right speaker, when i was listening to a tool song. I will keep an eye on this item.. but for now it is on the list...

My buddy has a lexus, I cant remember the model, but basically their best SUV, i wanna say the gx470 or something of that sort. But i like the fact when you get out of the car the steering wheel automatically moves out of the way. Now dont get me wrong.. i appreciate that the wheel tilts in all, but the most comfortable position for driving is not the most comfortable position for getting out of the car. My lap seems to be in the way of the steering wheel when i pull my fat ass outta her.

Where the hell is the pause? or even Mute button??

I feel the drivers seat is a little crowded side to side. i feel a little bit crunched up in there.

There is no floor space in the back seat.. But who gives a crap, cause i dont plan on spending anytime back there.

Not sure if the XM radio is for me. I listen to country, Rock, and talk radio... But i find the choices not very great.

I think i will be upgrading the speakers.. I am not to satisfied with bass responce. I heard of people doing this and saying that they lost some volume while doing so, but i think i can handle that considering my volume never goes over half way..

I seriously hate the fact this car is so fast compared to my last one.. I dont know how many times now that i have found myself doing 85 in a 55.. I live on an airforce base

Other than these few items, i found this car is awesome..

Someone said that an article said that the a/c controls where hard to get to on the touch screen.. I dont understand what is so difficult about one button.

I love all the little secret hiding spots like the id card/pen holders under the armrest.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:59 PM
Advanced

i agree with u, i love my car. ive heard a couple of rattles but they arent as bad as people make them seem. i cant really hear them though cuz i always have my music on haha. there is nothing that i dont like about my car.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:01 AM
04 remembrance

Speaker rattles? There's a TSB for the fix. Search for it on this forum.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:02 AM
04 remembrance

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...peaker+rattles

Actually, there you go.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:03 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by iamhomin
Speaker rattles? There's a TSB for the fix. Search for it on this forum.
I know, but i think i will wait it out for more serious issues. I dont feel like taking her in within the week of purchase.

The car was researched very heavely and I knew it was going to happen, but worth it...
Old 12-08-2004, 01:02 AM
such a dirty birdy

Originally Posted by pandimus
I know, but i think i will wait it out for more serious issues. I dont feel like taking her in within the week of purchase.

The car was researched very heavely and I knew it was going to happen, but worth it...

I wouldn't take it in just for rattles, especially not so soon. I've had a few rattles too, I just get them fixed when I take the car in for regular service.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:50 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I feel the drivers seat is a little crowded side to side. i feel a little bit crunched up in there.
That is called lateral support. It's really useful in keeping you seated in your seat while you're driving in a more spirited way. And no, Intrepids didn't have this. Which is why it was so forbidding to take a curve in those cars, because you'd end up driving from the center console.

Usually when you find it crowded, it's an indication you should lose some fat!
Old 12-08-2004, 06:39 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by sauceman
That is called lateral support. It's really useful in keeping you seated in your seat while you're driving in a more spirited way. And no, Intrepids didn't have this. Which is why it was so forbidding to take a curve in those cars, because you'd end up driving from the center console.

Usually when you find it crowded, it's an indication you should lose some fat!
Yeah you aint kidding my heffer ass needs to drop some pounds.. But thanks for the info on the lateral support. After break we will give her a whirl
Old 12-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Instructor

On XM, I listen to country most of the time. It really sucks right now because they took away Channel 11 for X-Mas music. I think that I listen to 16 and 11 most of the time. I find that there is so much talk it is hard to find stuff I like. After having it for a year now I pretty much got it down and after Christmas is over I will be happy again. I personally love it!
Old 12-08-2004, 04:28 PM
I'm back, biatch.

Where the hell is the pause? or even Mute button??
I think its the knob that says "POWER".
Old 12-08-2004, 04:39 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by teg_to_TSX
I think its the knob that says "POWER".
score one for teg.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:47 PM
Quattro in.....

My lap seems to be in the way of the steering wheel when i pull my fat ass outta her.
Did you try using the manual tilt and telescopic steering wheel.