MN dealers

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 11:28 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MN dealers

I've been a lurker for quite awhile now, didn't know enough to post anything, but now i'm in a bind.

Here was the situation... I'm moving from NJ to MN for work, when I started this whole negotiating process was over a month ago. As of now, i'll be leaving in a few weeks. I wanted to get my order in because I won't be bringing a car (mine is just too old). So I emailed each individually, asking for a quote for a MT w/Navi. To my surprise all of them offered the same price, MSRP but less the destination charge which is 28490.

I've been back and forth with every one of them, finally one succumed and dropped it another 100, but that's it. I'm trying to figure out if its really the market there or should I just wait till they get what I want in and try and negotiate at the dealership.

I'm just so frustrated at this point, knowing that the area around me can get it for substantially less, but costs even out after shipping because I would rather not drive it there, and registering... and other random stuff.

I want to see if its REALLY the case, and suck it up and pay for it or if I should just wait it out, cuz I will most likely have to wait for the car anyway.

Don't know if that made any sense, but comments and advice are appreciated.

*edit* if i knew ahead of time, i would've gotten it here.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:25 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered mine (6speed manual without nav) in December of 03 and picked it up March 26, 2004. I paid MSRP minus delivery but the dealer threw in all season mats. I only shopped Bloomington and White Bear before I ordered the car as one is close to my home and the other is close to my work. The price was in line with what Edmunds was reporting for TSXs in this area at the time of my order. In February a coworker told me that he had seen a $1000 off placard on a TSX at the Bloomington dealer. I requested a price quote from the other two dealers (Bloomington and Brooklyn Park) via email. Brooklyn Park quoted me $1000 off MSRP and Bloomington quoted me MSRP. I ended up staying with the White Bear deal as I had already paid the credit card company for the downpayment bill and thought it would be a hassle to back out of the deal. In addition at that point in time I would have had to wait a couple of more months for a car purchased from Brooklyn Park. Bottomline is that the prices you're being quoted seem to be market for this area. I don't know where in the area you are going to be living and which dealer will be most convenient to you. But, I will tell you that I have found the service department at Brooklyn Park to be superior and will be using them exclusively from now on.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the reply.

Just a bit disappointed that no one is willing to budge. I'll actually be moving into the downtown area so all of them are about the same distance away.

Thanks...

anyone else?
Old 06-08-2004, 12:13 PM
5th Gear

Try Des Moines

I know it's 3.5 hr drive, but Jordan Motors in Des Moines is great to work with. It's definitely worth a call.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:46 PM
Cruisin'

oh thanks. I have one slight problem being I don't have a car once I'm there. Thanks for the suggestion though.

This post was more to get info from others who've gotten it in the area about what they paid for.

I'm working with a dealer now, but he's having trouble finding the car combo I want.