McGrath Acura Westmont (Chicagoland)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 04:04 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
McGrath Acura Westmont (Chicagoland)

I want to post something positive about a dealer. I was driving Wednesday night and suddenly my CD player just stopped and kept giving me "error" messages. I have the Navi TSX. I couldn't switch from it to the radio or try to change discs or anything. It went completely dead. Since I got the car in February I was pissed, so I called the dealer the next morning to see what they could do. They told me to bring it in that night and they would give me a loaner and look at it Friday. I showed up, my original salesman was out there with the service guy and looked at the problem with me and said they would just replace the whole CD Changer under warranty. They then set me up right away with a 2003 TL as a loaner and walked me out to it. They told me they weren't sure they had the parts but that they would call me the next day. I figured they were just going to swap out a CD changer, or make a repair or have to order something. Nope. They replaced the entire head unit, including the navi screen and all. The whole center console. So I have a new radio, CD changer, and navi display, etc. That's easily a $2000 warranty repair. I know they didn't just have one in stock somewhere...they must have taken it off a new TSX on the lot and ordered a replacement for that car so I wouldn't have to wait. I know its all new also because I have new radio codes and the plastic screen protectant was on the navi. It was truly a pleasurable experience and far surpassed my expectations. And if anyone in Chicago is looking for a TSX, they do have several on the lot. They were able to get me a Carbon Gray Navi in 3 days back in February. They are truly a service oriented operation and I have CDs once again!